Literature!!!

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Literature!!!

Post  karin on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:52 pm

i nkow but you drew a picture of him wearing something simierler and i always picture quite western in that aspect forgive me XD cant help it , its like a picture ai wearing blue instead of tifa lockhearts outfit.

they sound hard to find ...try ebay ?

i g2g its 1 am lol.

Earth Bender

Female Number of posts : 717

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:58 pm

karin wrote:

sorry LS but you must admit ( since i pictured lee from the rp ) running around OOOOOOOHH BELLA MY GOD " lol . with his cowboy hat flying high and landing on his head agian and chibi version .

it may be funny but right after he would say, every other girl in the room would start screaming and then we have problems.

exactly Lee that's the point. the book is for girls so that's why there is an overload of fangirls than there normally is because there are no guys to balance them out. this is why i find the fans of twilight to be annoying at times. it is like the girl fans of high school musical or camp rock that are just out of control.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16976

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:45 pm

C'mon LS lighten up!
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18346

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karin on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:44 am

Ls i can cheer you up theres a new FMA anime coming out :D . so you will see edward elric again XD.

twilighters are extreme though . but i got more nuts over anime lol.

Earth Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Loyal Subject wrote:i read the Crucible already.

i hate being a veteran twilight fan. like i read the first book before it was popular. i find that because almost all of the fans are girls that all the fangirlism is just annoying me. if i was a new fan i dont think it would bother me as much because id be excited and what not but...yeah that's just my opinion. i think we need some guy twilight fans to balance it out. it's not like harry potter where there's guys and girls and the fangirlism can easily be avoided.....with this it's like.....the fangirlism never dies down and is constantly full force and i can only tolerate it for so long.

Don't worry, it'll die down soon enough. Once the movie's over and done with, we probably wont hear about it so much anymore. I do think, though, that there's likely never to be a balancing out of fangirls and guys for this series since it's completely aimed at girls. That's why edward and jacob are described the way they are! They've been purposely made to suit every girl's idea of a dreamboat. And I doubt very many guys would want to scream Bella's name. She's such an annoying character. Maybe Rosalie and Alice would have a small following, but Bella.... I don't think so....

Karin, why do you hate Edward???? :(
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karin on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:44 pm

ahh where to start.

1: hes a gary stu: perfect looks, lots of money, super power.
2: he was so mean to bella at first .
3: he ditched her, dont care it was wrong!
4: he got bella not my jacob :( .
5: i hate his fashion sense
6: when he sparkled i went him off more: but want him as my christmas tree :)
7: he beat victoria and james with ease .
8: hes mean to alice :o
9: he blackmailed bella with marriage depsite how much she hated it.
10: he gets forgiven for EVERYTHING
11: he shouldnt have been able to get bella pregnant ...he has no blood flwing in his veins : if you get what i mean Embarrased Confused
12: i like jacob so that instantly a reason not to like him
13: the other cast didtn delvelop as much and i think in the 1st book emmet and rosalie should get more lines : instead of him so much thats a bad reason i know but hey.

woah i didn't think there that many things wrong with him myself

Surprised

Earth Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:05 pm

1. having money doesn't make a character a gary stu. jacob is just as much a gary stu as edward is.
2. umm if you were going to kill someone out of your control, wouldnt you be mean to them? not to mention jacob has been mean to bella countless number of times
3. jacob ditched bella when she wanted edward and jacob to both be on her side
4. he got bella for a good reason =P
5. that's just opinion....i dont like the fact that jacob runs around nude sometimes @_@
6. sparkles are awesome.
7. jacob was able to leave the pack with ease.....and he beat that...other dude that looks like a pirate in the movie......with ease XD
8. no he's not. and jacob's mean to all the cullen's for most of the story
9. jacob threatened to commit suicide if bella wouldnt kiss him when she already has a boyfriend. all time low.
10. so does jacob
11. ok yeah that was messed up. there's no argument for that. that was just stupid.
12. i like edward so that's instantly a reason not to like jacob XD
13. all the characters developed.

lol and just like that the edward cullen supporter counters =P lols
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:31 pm

And so the fangirl war to end all fangirl wars begins......

Zfish! We need to modify our bomb shelter!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karin on Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:27 am

ok LS argue this :p jacob is 15 how mature should he be? edward is a about 200 no ? who should know better. :)
and of corse jacob wont like the cullens at first hes a werewolf XD . that one dont count edward is justmena to alice when her visions dont do what he wants .

but since im fair il give you one with jacob :
he happens to imprint on their child that oops alomst used bad word
Embarrased annoyed me.

but jacob is not a mary sue. at all . he has a nomal family ( to begin with) he doesnt get bella at all . thats whats annoying in most ,love stories at some point the characters swap around. but not here :(.
and jocobs can keep you warm :). and you can go walks ( no pun intented Razz ) in the day time outside of forks lol. or the artic lol.
i liked edward more at the end but i wont forgive him for leaving , i almsot liked at the beginning of new moon but ruined it for me . and it makes bella so less likable . i mean because of that she is almost always in someones arms .
and i dont get how edward is always forgiven . laice fair enougth she has that "vibe" of the type to pull it off ( the wedding lol) .
eh i ranting and lee , zfisg9 we have vampires , werewolves and the power of mary- sues ( the main cast are all mary-sues but lovable except edward :P ) we will get by any shelter mmuuwwaaahhh!

p.s remnids of old days on yodaime(sp?) forum with the cloning machine lol . before the rp even .

Earth Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:02 pm

Lee Tamotsu wrote:And so the fangirl war to end all fangirl wars begins......

Zfish! We need to modify our bomb shelter!
I'll say! it's a bit out-dated and is a wreck from the last attack...
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karin on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:35 pm

lee and zfish run into the shelter to hear karin lasughing like an evil morbid lunatic , HAHAHAHA HASPPY HALLOWEEN LOL XD

Earth Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:44 pm

Our bunker is now safe.

Modified with a coating of garlic, and sensor active machine guns with silver lead bullets.

Happy Halloween guys!

Just try getting past this!

http://www.cluttercontrolfreak.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/cardboardbox.jpg
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karin on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:45 pm

but iam already in it !!!!! LOL .
karin babble son about twilight withen the bunker lol.

Earth Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:04 pm

Little does Karin know, that was a decoy shelter with a dummy straw Lee and Zfish.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karin on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:48 pm

but jacob was in the other shelter ... but being the awesome incarnate of masculinity he is he had brought beer and babes ... despite karin telling him not too lol. edward lectuued about boring things lol XD :P.

Earth Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:18 pm

Jacob and Edward cannot be in any shelter, since they are an figment of an imagination.

Oh yeah, I went there!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karin on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:11 am

heheh SO IS THE SHELTER XD lol so therefore they can XD lol.

Earth Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HaruWolf on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:36 pm

HaruWolf enters the shelter.
HaruWolf
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 248

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:58 pm

karin wrote:ok LS argue this :p jacob is 15 how mature should he be? edward is a about 200 no ? who should know better. :)

what is this arguing against exactly? either way, i see threatening to commit SUICIDE in order to get a kiss is a lot worse than blackmailing someone. and either way, Edward and Bella had to get married because Stephanie Meyer is a Mormon and she said she would not allow her characters to have sexual intercourse before marriage so whether Edward blackmailed Bella or not doesn't matter because they were going to get married anyway. =/.

[quote]
and of corse jacob wont like the cullens at first hes a werewolf XD . [quote]

and edward should naturally hate jacob because edward is a vampire. that wasn't my point anyway. my point was they're obviously going to hate each other because it's in their instincts so it's not a valid argument to dislike one because they hate the other. it works both ways.

that one dont count edward is justmena to alice when her visions dont do what he wants .

if the visions were a matter of life and death, wouldn't you be slightly annoyed that they weren't doing what you wanted them to do? i mean, that's what i would do...and i think that's what would happen with most people. like when a person goes to the doctor and they don't know what's wrong, we see it all the time in media how one character usually either the spouse or the actual person gets angry/annoyed because treatment isn't working. so yeah it's pretty common in real life and in media.....so....yeah.

but jacob is not a mary sue. at all . he has a nomal family ( to begin with) he doesnt get bella at all . thats whats annoying in most ,love stories at some point the characters swap around. but not here :(.

those characteristics you described are not what defines a gary stu. a gary stu can have a normal family and still be a gary stu. and a gary stu also does not have to get the main girl. the fact that he imprinted on their daughter could even be used as an argument that he is a gary stu. because he has to get the little happily ever after. he has abnormal abilities. he's forgiven for everything he does by either the reader or Bella. characters argue with Bella that it's her fault and Jacob isn't wrong in anyway. they tell her he's the perfect guy. he's just misunderstood. blah blah blah. you can't deny he's a gary stu. but like i said before, that's not my point. my point is almost all the male characters have gary stu qualities to them so you can't hate another character because you think he's a gary stu and your character isn't.....because they ALL are. that's what i was trying to say.

the reasons why i dont like jacob are for his actions. and in the first book i liked him but after that he just got into the drama aspect of the story too much for my liking. i think the author should have just left him alone and let him be a side character instead of Bella's new best friend. he should have been like a Jasper or something.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:05 am

^ Whole posts
bark bark woof!
Yup that's my two cents. You both have two different opinions, instead of cramming your thoughts down each others throats, how bout you accept each others thoughts and differences?

I know if I had someone try to persuade me to hate or like something just because they do, I'd tell em to shove it up their one way digestive track.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:45 pm

**Uruviel makes a dash for the shelter**

Am I resposnible for this war? :P Teehee!

I find it amusing how you guys are going head to head with each other like this. I like both edward and jacob, so I'm going to remain switzerland here, and not get invovled any further.

Since you guys like the Twilight books so much, let me recommend to you both a book called "A Great and Terrible Beauty" (if you haven't already read it). The main character is somewhat like Bella, except that she has more initiative to do stuff than Bella, and her love interest is also someone who is unattainable because she's a member of upper-middle-class English society, and he's... just an indian guy. There's all sorts of complicated things that go on in the book, as well as it's two sequels, and the ending will leave you crying and hating the author, but still loving the story.
Uruviel
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karin on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:48 pm

i will look it up XD.

and i was being light-hearted about everything and am know afraid of Ls lol.
edward is lovely Shocked honest .

Earth Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:51 pm

Well I'm not afraid of LS.

Edwards a has been, and always has been one!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:20 pm

i just felt like ranting yesterday. i dont even care anymore. im over it.

it's not like i like edward all the time either. like i said, i didn't like the last one.

im just going back to reading the Last Unicorn.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:02 pm

lol. nice.

So, is the Last Unicorn a long book? Does the movie hold true to the books? The movie's one of my childhood favourites ^_^

I'm still reading Much Ado About Nothing..... I doubt I'll be reading anything other than Shakespeare/Chaucer/some other ancient English author until around Christmas....... I have a huge pile of books waiting to be read already. Teehee! There's one called "Ironside" by...... I can't remember the author's name.... but it's the final book in a little trilogy about the world of fairies. The first two books were pretty good - they're about this conflict between the Seelie and Unseelie (a.k.a. Light and Dark) Fairy Courts. The Light Court sounds like it's where the good guys are, but it NOT. Haha!
Uruviel
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: