Anime?

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime?

Post  karin on Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:30 pm

yeah what the hell is adult swim ... its sounds dodgey....i no it isnt but ... ?/?????

Earth Bender

Female Number of posts : 717

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:19 pm

^ it's Cartoon Network at night basically...they show Anime on the weekends along with comedy shows during the week and part of the weekend nights.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karin on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:05 pm

oh right over here it runs 24/7 though it used to show trcl i think after midnight.

Earth Bender

Female Number of posts : 717

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:40 pm

Loyal Subject wrote:They should have renamed this season as Code Geass: Lulu's Steady Rise to Insanity ....seriously Suzaku keeps b*tching about how much he had to sacrifice with Euphie but look at how much Lulu's lost! Though Lulu didn't pick the best person to go save Nunally either. I mean seriously, he knew Rolo killed Shirley so why the heck is he letting Rolo save Nunally @_@.

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/actors_films_images/king_kong_movie_roar.jpg

Razz
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:55 pm

i've also started watching .hack//root.
and i'm just waiting to get his but kicked by tri-edge... frankly, he deserves it now... *crickets start chirping as everyone has no idea what i am talking about*
EDIT: wow...i was joking about that...and it actually happened...
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:14 am

lol - i started watching that one once, but i had watched .hack//sign before, and it really tired me out as it progressed - it might be cuz i couldn't find it in english and the subs that the jap version i found had really sucked. i wasn't ready to put myself through the tediousness of watching another show in that franchise..... is it good so far, though? maybe i was wrong about it - the characters look way better than the .hack//sign ones....

Code Geass, on the other hand, never gets tiring or tedious. Ahh, that show makes me feel disparaged AND hopeful at the same time. You don't get that very often at all in tv shows! this weeks episode made me feel exactly like that! I think Suzaku's gone crazy - I mean, I thought Lelouch would have lost it after all he went through, but he held it together, actually - he's recentred himself and found his mission again - but Suzaku.... man, he has no hope, especially now... I wanted to cry towards the end, but then Suzaku's insane laugh brought me up short :S

(yeah, no one knows what i'm talking about - and I'm being especially vague in case any one else is currently/going to be watching it. Don't want any undesired spoilers floating around!)
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:31 am

no, i actually liked .hack//sign better, mainly because i watched that first and knew it better.
that and i have the 3 disk dvd set that includes "unison," an episode which is only on the 3 disk set...
and i'm getting off topic...
.hack//root is good, and you can find 1-19 in english on youtube. 20-26 however... those are subbed. i searched and i couldn't find English versions of them at all.
zfish9
Air Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:53 pm

Uruviel wrote:

Code Geass, on the other hand, never gets tiring or tedious. Ahh, that show makes me feel disparaged AND hopeful at the same time. You don't get that very often at all in tv shows! this weeks episode made me feel exactly like that! I think Suzaku's gone crazy - I mean, I thought Lelouch would have lost it after all he went through, but he held it together, actually - he's recentred himself and found his mission again - but Suzaku.... man, he has no hope, especially now... I wanted to cry towards the end, but then Suzaku's insane laugh brought me up short :S

(yeah, no one knows what i'm talking about - and I'm being especially vague in case any one else is currently/going to be watching it. Don't want any undesired spoilers floating around!)

sorry, i haven't watched the new episode yet. ill get to it today though haha XD
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  notSusano on Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:02 am

OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG ~

Ok after my helpless highshcool girl moment, Can I just say Code Geass is quite the piece of work, I mean its the type of show that will probably never really go the way you want but wont ever leave you disappointed.The last episode? Great.Very raw human emotions, again great drama from beginning to end AND we also get some nice Mecha action goodness witch is nice :Happy .Right now I ponder the question of "wtf are they gonna do with C.C?".Spectacular ending for you know( Surprised ) really couldn't have gone better oh and as for Suzaku just blurr him out of the story like his not even there...thats what I do.Anyways I've babbled enough of Code Geass.

Oh and of the comments of other entertainment besides anime.I just feel that apart from Documentaries(History,Discovery Chs) the programming in the US is rather vague & simple minded is to say mundane.Not to offend or anything but I just can't interested in a plot I can easily see through(anime included).I do read a lot though, all though mainly is just Martial Arts books and so on, I have a few novels witch I love for example Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield my all time favorite novel.Among other books read : Art of War,Fall of Reach,Book of 5 rings.

Zfish just watch Sub versions, I know its annoying at first but you get used to it to the point is second nature to you(you'll swear its in english).On the plus side and may improve your reading speed Laughing

On a side note, Soul-Eater is getting REAL good now..so If you haven't seen yet now is a great time to start Wink.
notSusano
Non-Bender

Number of posts : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:56 am

notSusano wrote:Zfish just watch Sub versions, I know its annoying at first but you get used to it to the point is second nature to you(you'll swear its in english).On the plus side and may improve your reading speed Laughing
already have watched them, and my reading speed is already fast. *too fast, i tend to miss a few details...*

and i just remembered another anime i watched Mr. brightside introduced it to us on the ff.net site, Elemental Gelade.
zfish9
Air Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:57 am

Ah yeah I remember that, it was the main character who looked like he was from Tales of Symphonia. A gamecube game I played a long long time ago.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:58 pm

i finally watched the new Code Geass.......i mean.....im really not liking the way this show is going...i mean...it's really really good but...it's just so depressing =(.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:29 pm

Not every good form of entertainment has to have a happy ending or fully happy ending to be a good story.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:32 pm

Lee Tamotsu wrote:Not every good form of entertainment has to have a happy ending or fully happy ending to be a good story.
too true...
*remembers the His Dark Materials book series.*
zfish9
Air Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:37 am

Lee Tamotsu wrote:Not every good form of entertainment has to have a happy ending or fully happy ending to be a good story.

yeah but after watching Enchanted 50 billion times on Stars i can't help but want a happy ending now haha XD
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:09 pm

Well from what I've heard, Avatar the third box set will be out September 16th. It supposedly will have extra features and bonuses not in the show. Such as the ending with Ursa, the script that was taken out. Keep in mind though, if this is true it will probably only be comic drawings on the story board.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:02 pm

^ WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY XD
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:02 pm

hmmm... i wonder if someone will rip those extra bits from the dvd for others to see. although, I'm sure I could run down to the Rogers store and rent it..... but then, maybe I'm not so bothered anymore... we'll see when the time comes...

I agree with Susano about the simple-mindedness of many American shows. I think the only two western shows I can get myself hooked to at the moment are The Tudors (with the delicious Jonathan Rhys Meyers!) and Bones. And there's a new show, which I think is Canadian because it's set in Ontario during the 1800s, which is basically a crime mystery series like.... CSI or even Bones, I think, only set in the past, before they had any of our high tech forensic devices to figure things out. I can't remember the name.
Uruviel
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:49 pm

I am going into mourning now. Code Geass is over, and the ending... well, it was the only possible ending at this point. It was the best, and the worst. I feel so sad now :(

Susano, if you're still here.... you watched it, right? **tear!!**
Uruviel
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:52 pm

^ it's all my fault =( ive killed again unintentionally nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i cried >_> and needed tsubasa chronicles to cheer me up ^_^
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:26 pm

Oh yeah, lol - I guess the eng version of CG ended this week too. But you still have R2 to watch. It gets much, much, MUCH better, LS!!! I was telling my sister today about how each week, my psych to watch it keeps building, and then, as the opening song starts, I'm almost giddy with excitement, and then when it ends, I'm almost gasping for more. I swear, it's like a drug :P

**sigh** and D. Gray Man is ending tonight too.... man. That leaves me with shitty Naruto Shippuuden, which isn't really getting anywhere too fast. Well, sort of. Same goes for Bleach on Adult Swim. Anyways, **tear** sniff, sniff, CG-R2, I will miss you! (I'm going to have to save up and buy all the DVDs - Hats off to the creators - they're super-geniuses!!)
Uruviel
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:32 pm

O_O what are you talking about? ive been watching R2 since it aired......thats what i was talking about..........ive just already established that johnny is lulu though he isnt when i watch the episodes.......so yeah i know how R2 ends.......and now im watching Tsubasa Chronicles until Clannad season 2 comes out.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:44 pm

I'm watching Bobobo, nah I'm jk.........lol that show cracks me up, I never watched a full episode.

Though I did learn something about Avatar today. I read somewhere Mike and Bryan planned to have Iroh not speak for half of season 3, even when Mako was still alive. So the theory that they shut him up due to the new actor is tossed out. It was in an interview that Mike and Bryan were in.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:44 pm

yeah but was that when Mako was alive and they were aware that he had throat cancer or was that before the fact? because i mean if i knew someone had throat cancer and i was asking them to do a role that required voice over, i would try to fit as little dialogue as possible for the person just to make it easier for them.

whatever their intentions were, i still found it annoying but at least he didn't die. ^_^
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:59 pm

Loyal Subject wrote:O_O what are you talking about? ive been watching R2 since it aired......thats what i was talking about..........ive just already established that johnny is lulu though he isnt when i watch the episodes.......so yeah i know how R2 ends.......and now im watching Tsubasa Chronicles until Clannad season 2 comes out.

Oh my bad - I thought you were still only on the first season. Well, I cheered myself up by watching Beck - it's such a great show - it's filled with tons of great rock music, and it ends happily, though not in a cheesy way :)
Uruviel
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: