Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime?

+3
Lee
Uruviel
notSusano
7 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Anime? - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime?

Post  karin Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:30 pm

sounds cool what movie is it ? and whats an AP ,< an american something?

and heres a train of thought obama won and had the highest rate of voter for a long time but it was 60 odd percent ...so that 4/10 americans that dont vote !

Earth Bender

Female Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post  HaruWolf Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:21 pm

^ AP stands for Advanced Placement.

We're studying the Civil War now in my American Studies class. Very Happy
HaruWolf
HaruWolf
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:24 pm

^ Well there are those who are too young to vote. Then there are those who are ill who cannot go out to vote. Lastly there are those who have too much on their shoulders to stop to vote.

Before post sees something about Civil War.

Civil War!? Where!

*Pulls out gun and starts shooting in case any rebs are nearby.*

Hey HaruWolf, ask your teacher if he or she knows anything about the United States Regulars (in the Civil War) Not many know of them or their great thankless deeds during the Civil War.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:43 pm

^ and there are also the people who just dont want to vote just because they dont see it as important. and im sad to say i know some of those people =/
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:27 am

Ok just posting this here. Lately a lot of sites have been plagued with different spam bots. It's likely at one time this site may be hit with one of them.

If you're ever on and see that their is a new registered member with a really weird name, like say Free-Movies, or some wacky name, give them a PM. Type something like "Hi" or anything else in the PM and send it. Bots cannot continue once they receive a PM.

The message that says "You got a PM" pops up, but they can't click if they want to open it or view it later, and so they stay stuck at that position until the timer logs them off.

It's not as effective as banning them, though it will stop their onslaught until either Zfish or I come to deal with them.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:11 pm

unless they are like capone/, who don't seem to exist at all.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:39 pm

Well I did some research on that user. Everyone who has a forum affilated with Free Forums got this member. It's a bot, a friendly bot as I've heard to filter bad bots.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:18 am

So, as of Jan 15th, Dattebayo is officially dropping Naruto Shippuuden from it's subbing projects. They've struck a deal with Viz and Crunchyroll, so as of Jan 15th 2009, people watching NS in japanese can watch it for free a week after it airs in Japan on the official Naruto website, or pay a miniscule fee to watch it on Crunchyroll on the same day that it airs in Japan.

They're taking new steps to keep the support of their viewers, while still supporting the owners of the shows. Cool, no?

Check it out: Announcement and Feedback Forum
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:42 am

So now you'll have to wait until the dubbing episodes come out, or learn Japanese real quick.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:45 am

No Viz will be subbing them instead of DB.
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:31 pm

Did you guys see the trailer for the live action Dragon Ball movie?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:05 pm

i think so...i dont remember though. i have no intention of seeing that movie....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:10 am

Well if you guys didn't here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBi5qMDgABQ

Hollywood turns out another master of disaster. Why must they always tamper with the actual series of whatever it is? I somehow have expectations for Nights Avatar movie now. Though I will give it some time. The deal breaker or winner will be when I see the actual trailer.

Movies made into games suck, and games or any other franchise series not taken very seriously yet always suck.

I hate how the world still views cartoons/games as juvenile. There are some actual heavy plotted games and cartoon series out there. But until socitey gets their head out of their butt, they will not see them as nothing more then a kids waste of an afternoon. It's thanks to crap shows like Spongebob, and other craptastic shows that just keep cranking out of the animation labs.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HaruWolf Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:32 pm

Lee Tamotsu wrote:It's thanks to crap shows like Spongebob,

SpongeBob is one of the best animated shows ever! It's hilarious!
HaruWolf
HaruWolf
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:07 pm

It was good in the beginning, I admit that, but then they started milking it out everywhere possible. What I'm saying is that adults hear the word cartoon and the picture of a juvenile show such as Spongebob pops up in their mind. Not something like Avatar, anime, X-men, or actual non-juvenile shows.

That's why animators have such a hard time. Either they make a great show and it goes unnoticed or not as noticed as a show that does not deserve it. Anyone remember Kids Choice awards? Spongebob and Avatar were nominated. Avatar won, but they never announced it, simply they showed a 2 second screen shot that if you missed it would never know. Had Spongebob won it would have been different with confetti popping out of the sky, lights the whole works, and you know it.

Many come out in the business world in hopes of making good animations like Avatar but it's what the fat big wig wants that gets shown. Hey they like stupid shows, no one likes stuff like Avatar! Lets dumb down America ever so more! And then there master piece work gets thrown into the garbage as they create animations they didn't want to in the first place, example Juvenile cartoons which look like someone was on drugs when they made it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:38 pm

Nick is coming out with X-Men now actually.

and that's just Nick. Cartoon Network has some decent stuff on now: Ben 10 Alien Force, Total Drama Island, etc.

and anyway, Spongebob was originally supposed to be for adults but the creator had to change it because of Nick. that's why the old episodes are the best.

I do agree that Spongebob is getting old but I don't understand what that has to do with Dragon Ball. I would place Dragon Ball under the category of movies Hollywood is taking from Japan and trying to make their own XD.

And I don't think all movies that are based off of something else are all terrible. It all depends on what the company tries to mess with and what their budget is. Though honestly I can't give an opinion about this movie because I was never a DB fan and I don't plan on becoming one which is why I will never see this movie.

and i dont remember what else i was going to say XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:56 pm

Nick is coming out with X-Men now actually.
Really? Where did you hear this?

One reason why Dragon Ball seems so out of place is since they are using references and characters from both Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. Plus some of the actors don't even look like who they are supposed to be. I'm not much of a fan either but I do know some things about the series.

Below is pictures of first the cartoon characters and then the actors below it.

Goku
http://www.kungfucinema.com/images/goku.jpg
http://trylobyte.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/goku_set.jpg

Bulma
http://www.lbmdragonball.com/imagenes/personajes/bulma/thumbs/bulma1.jpg
http://dragonballzlatino.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/goku__bulma_dragonball.JPG

Yamcha
http://rocketfuel.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/yamcha.jpg
I can't find a picture of him as the actor, he's in the trailer though.

Roshi
http://100megsfree4.com/abcsofdbz/gallery/roshi2.jpg
http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/master-roshi.jpg (More shots of him are in the trailer as well)

Piccolo
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img128/2336/piccolo8tz.jpg
This guys also in the trailer. He looks more like the Evil Koopa King from the Super Mario Brothers movie.

I guess the only two who look somewhat decent are Goku and Yamcha. The others are just way off, even for cartoon to human transformation.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:51 pm

it's all over Nick Toons. because for the past couple of months they have Steve Blum come on and talk about the X-Men show because he's going to be Wolverine and each time I scream "OMG STEVE!!!!" and then when people ask, i say "I met his best friend!!!!" like a dork. =P. and then when Liam O'Brien comes on, I always scream "OMG I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH AND I MET YOU!!!!!!!!!!" XD and my other friends scream too whenever it comes on....

i think it's coming in February....or maybe it's only going to be on Nick Toons....that could be ^^

yeah i get what you're saying about the characters not looking like themselves. that's one of the things i noticed too at least with the green guy...i think his name is Piccolo? Confused
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:59 pm

No fair! You suck Nick Toons! You think you're better then us Nicks? Well we'll see about that after a good boot kicking!

I hope it does come on Nick. It'll finally give it some diversity, which it desperately needs. It's either juvenile foolish cartoons or over stereotyped teen toons/sitcoms. All which are in pretty bad taste as of lately.

Yeah that's his name. I never really watched DBZ, I seen it here and there. Though I have watched Dragon Ball, it's more of a comedy mixed with action, though it works it off flawlessly. It even has so much adult humor that I don't even catch it all. Not like dirty mind humor but jokes kids wouldn't get.

That's where Yamcha is from, though for some reason he's with grown up Goku from DBZ. Bulma doesn't even have the right hair color.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Nick Toons has a lot more avatar on it too....though I stick with Toon Disney because they have all the superhero cartoons on it....and House of Mouse....but mostly I stalk it for Batman which came on once! it was sweet.............

i learned that Teddy Roosevelt is an episode of The Legends of Tarzan XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Teddy Roosevelt? You're kidding right?

Did they have him on horse back?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:18 pm

no, im not kidding.

i didnt see the entire episode, just the ending. but as soon as the guy said ... ok i cant spell this right but it sounds like "Boolee" i knew it was him. and then i looked up the summary and it said Teddy Roosevelt. ^_^
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:58 pm

Teddy Roosevelt, as in Theodore Roosevelt, the President? (wait, was he a president? My American History is very incomplete!)

I think I actually heard something about the Avatar movie on tv some time ago - I don't know what they were talking about, it was one of those entertainment-gossip shows, which I wasn't paying attention to, and I heard the words "his movie Avatar". When is it supposed to be coming out, btw?
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:58 pm

I heard talk of it on a local radio show as well, though all they stated was the cast and the such. They probably didn't even know what the show was, such as this gossip show near you as well. The first movie is supposed to be done some time in 2010. So I'll say probably 2015 or so they'll have all three movies done, or maybe 2013 if they push theirselves in completing one each year.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:03 pm

maybe they'll do it like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies - the second and third ones were shot at the same time. Maybe the shootings of each of the three movies will overlap with each other so they can release one per year or something......

Do you know who the cast is going to be, then?

edit: K, I did some research right after I asked this question. So the Avatar movie we're waiting for is now called "The Last Airbender", and the "Avatar", which I heard about on that gossip show, is James Cameron's new movie... not sure what it's about. But M. Night Shyamalan seems to have announced a cast, or at least his desired cast:

"After an open casting call in Texas, Shyamalan discovered karate star Noah Ringer and offered him the part of Airbender's 12-year old hero, Aang, an Avatar with superpowers who must stop the Fire Nation from destroying the world. Twilight's Jackson Rathbone has been asked to play Aang's pal Sokka, while Nicola Peltz (Deck the Halls) will star as his sister Katara. Genial singer Jesse McCartney, meanwhile, is negotiating to play against type in the role of the Fire Nation's evil prince Zuko."
- http://www.mnightfans.com/

Apparenly there's some controversy about the cast being completely "white-washed". Seriously, my only problem is.... Jesse McCartney. As Zuko. Seriously? Really??? Isn't he a poster-boy pop star? He'd better do a good job of being really badass. I think Jackson Rathbone might make a good Sokka, though, even if his performance as Jasper in Twilight wasn't that great..... I don't know who any of the other actors are.... hopefully things will turn out well for this!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next