Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

4 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section - Page 13 Empty Re: The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:37 pm

Well considering I would hope I know who Ai is and where she is at all times, I was talking about Lita. I think.....

Has anyone seen Ai by the way?

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section - Page 13 Empty Re: The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Am contemplating what to do next just for the record.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:23 pm

Sure no problem, also I thought you said you weren't posting any of your creative essays? Anyway it was an interesting read. I like how you got pie and carton in the story right away.

It sort of reminds me how one of my classes (a long time ago) had us put down ten or so words for different questions. Like one of them would probably be question 1: what was the first word to come to your mind?

And then each other question needed only one word and then you made a story out of the combination of words from a select few classmates. Mine was a story about the Civil War and cheeseburgers, or something.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:48 pm

I said I wasn't going to post my personal essay because it was, as the name implies, personal.

Although, I got my grade back today and the professor basically said 'hey this isn't a personal essay' and i sat there like 'yeah, i kind of figured.'

I can't help it if I want to write ridiculous things. And the other ridiculous stories I had in mind that may have been more personal were character related. And I could already tell from a previous class that they would be party poopers so I was like 'hell no I'm not sharing those stories in class'.

So I guess since it wasn't all that personal, maybe I will share it. I wrote about taking my sister on the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland only I wrote it as though it was "real" rather than a ride.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:54 pm

I can see your other personal essay already. It will involve you battling space pirates with your family.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:02 pm

Nah, I'd do the story of how my friend and I were in a neck and neck race with nobody (as in, no one was in the other car) and we won. Cause we get **** done.

Plus, it would have been embarrassing if we had lost to an empty car.

I had really wanted to do the story about how I got my picture taken with Sockhead Syd and we had a really odd relationship after that but you know...life ruiners. I did write the story in my journal though so yeah go me.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:12 pm

You could had lost, if the emergency brake failed. I don't know if you've ever watched A thousand ways to die, but there was a skit about that. Some thug robbed a store and got ran over by an unmanned car.

So I'm guessing Syd is from Pirates of the Caribbean?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:27 pm

...I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a joke or not but the winner of the race is predetermined. :p You don't actually race in the ride, it feels like a race because you're going fast in a car but in the end, a system determines who wins. So the other car we were 'racing' was empty.

No, Syd is one of the Bootstrappers which is a group of pirates that come out in the New Orleans Square area (where Pirates of the Caribbean is but they walk around that entire area, not just by the ride as I unfortunately found out) and they sing/play old 'pirate' songs.

Sockhead Syd is also very good friends with the Dormouse from the Mad T Party...which was the main reason why I felt like my class would ruin things...because the story isn't funny and ridiculous and flat out embarrassing unless you know Sockhead Syd and the Dormouse are friends. And I just felt like I'd get really stupid questions that I didn't want to deal with.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:16 am

Oh...it was a ride. I thought you meant that you and your friend were driving by some parked car and pretended you were in a race with it. Which is why I said that the emergency brake failed and the unoccupied car ended up winning.

So Syd is just some character that was made for the park and wasn't in any of the movies? That's cool, the name Bootstrap just sounded familiar.

Well if you don't mind, I'll read whatever essays you post here. Don't feel forced if you think they're too personal. How long does the class last by the way? Also are you taking the class for mostly fun or something else?

Sorry I haven't been too active lately. Been a bit hectic of a week with death in the family and the such.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:53 pm

I don't even know how to respond to the first part because I don't understand how someone would think it's a good idea, let alone fun, to race against a parked car.

Yeah, no, Syd's not in any movies. The only other names I remember are Cupcake, Bob, and something the Merchant. They're in my autograph book. And that's the only reason I know his name is Syd. I usually just called him The Pirate Guy or My Pirate Friend.

I don't know when class ends, I never really cared/paid attention. I honestly only took it so I could apply for Disney Professional Internships again. I'm still in the running for some but...I don't know I hear people are already getting offers and their second interviews for some. So who knows how that went. But at least now I'll have a writer's portfolio.

I'm sorry to hear about that. Are you doing okay?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:51 pm

I don't know :P You pretended you were Indiana Jones during one of the rides...so.

I'm fine, thanks. I mean it will take time and all, but I'm not falling to pieces. It's still sad, like a few days ago I saw someone who looked strikingly similar to my aunt to the point where I thought it was her. But then I realized I'm a dumbass, because she died.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:03 pm

We weren't Indiana Jones, we were tourists trying to save Indiana Jones. There's a difference :p

I'm still sorry to hear that. I don't really know what else I can say...except a stupid joke that I'm honestly not sure is appropriate or not. So I'm just going to leave it at that.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Well laughter is the best medicine for most things. Which is why even in times of war or terrible situations people find refuge in humor/laughter.

If you're going to make fun of my aunt though, that's a different story lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:19 pm

No, I was just going to say at least you don't have to deal with a babysitter from hell right after like I did :p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:23 pm

I don't get it. Were you placed in a daycare during a viewing or something?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:35 pm

No!

Jeez Lee, I've told this story like twice already :p When my babysitter passed away, I was sent to a new babysitter that was terrible. She was watching like 10 kids in a small, cramped room that smelled like formula and baby (and not in the good kind), had no toys, no sprinkler system or anything for outside when it was hot, no air conditioning, no tv except Thomas the Tank, and when I asked if I could bring my game cube that we bought so us older children had something to do, she told my mom no. We weren't allowed into the rest of her house to use the newer tv because the tv she had us watching was so damn old, it didn't even have the audio video plug ins.

So all we had was My Little **** Pony toys. That was the only toy she had. I mean, I would bring books and my gameboy but you can only do that for so long before you start to go bat **** insane.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Yeah you told me this story, but you always add more to it every time. Like one time you stated that you were in a day care of hell. Then it was a babysitter. Now you told me it's because your old babysitter passed away.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:11 pm

pretty sure ive mentioned the old babysitter passed away every time. I mean, I mentioned her when I was ranting about Clopin so....

i mean, with the amount of kids this woman was watching, it might as well had been a daycare @_@
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:14 pm

I remember the Clopin bit with your old babysitter, but not that the two were related.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Probably not going to post in the Hero thread tonight. just fyi.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:20 pm

Gonna double post.

Can the Thin Man like....take Jet or is that not allowed? :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:41 pm

It's your story...I was hoping for some confrontation/engagement before/if something like that happened, but still it's your story.

Cause I'm not going to lie, I feel like Quiver and Jet have been poking their **** around for a long time trying to find incredibly useless clues, only for the big reveal to pitter out. I don't know what's in store ahead, so maybe it will be interesting.

If kidnapping = Jet will be out of the picture for a long time, then yeah you might want to think of something else, unless you like Rping alone lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Well, no offense, but like the One Piece thread, a lot of the stuff that did happen in the thread wasn't supposed to happen. So, it probably wouldn't appear to be as bogged down looking for useless information if a lot of those things didn't happen...like the whole let the kids play thing.

I get that this story happened this way because characters have to act in character. But now, as the Thin Man, I'm essentially forced to make it seem like he isn't doing anything when in reality he probably would have just kidnapped Jet from the get go and had been done with it. And no, there was never supposed to be a confrontation, it was supposed to be horror-movie type thing. Hence why the Thin Man doesn't react to the ice around his feet. Typical horror movie villains just stand in place and then you turn around and they've escaped the trap you had them in.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:59 pm

But now, as the Thin Man, I'm essentially forced to make it seem like he isn't doing anything when in reality he probably would have just kidnapped Jet from the get go and had been done with it.
I could say the same about Ai/Quiver/name it on a thousand occasions, but then you'd probably have to make a new character each and every time lol.

For example, the part where the behemoth barged out of the bank in the last arc. Quiver was all chill when this was happening, getting up in its grill, and all. I was half tempted to just have the rancor like beast step on her, but you know...that wouldn't be too fair.

If you don't want Jet to confront the thin man, I'll do something else.

As for the parts where things might had gotten sidetracked (because you're the one who knows the plot) you could had told me to steer away and find another approach or whatever. Other times it was probably because I didn't really care for the one sentence posts.

There have been times in the different RPs, where I had to spell out what you probably should do.

Cause yeah, sometimes things seem easy for me to understand and realize, but that's because I'm the one controlling the RP. In this whole arc, I had no idea what I should be doing lol. I just started doing whatever in hopes of stumbling across a clue, but that never happened.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:25 pm

As for the parts where things might had gotten sidetracked (because you're the one who knows the plot) you could had told me to steer away and find another approach or whatever. Other times it was probably because I didn't really care for the one sentence posts.

But that's the thing. Because on one hand, the philosophy is I can't tell you to do something else if you're not godmodding which you're not. So I have no right to say 'Hey, you can't do this'.

I mean, the rest of your stuff just makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one that goes through it.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next