Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randomness Core

2 posters

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Randomness Core - Page 36 Empty Re: Randomness Core

Post  Lee Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Well let's just hope you didn't try screaming that at them...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:12 pm

So I started playing Red Dead Redemption again, just to see where I left off. It's the wild west game made by RockStar, the creators of Grand Theft Auto. You should really give it a try, the landscape is amazing. And just about everything else about the game.

Anyway there's a second version, called Undead Nightmare, where instead of the main plot, it involves the west being overrun by zombies.

And not just people zombies, but everything. Zombie bears, cougars, horses, birds, ect...and they're not so much zombies as the undead. So people who've been buried for fifty years will pop out of the ground if you pass by a graveyard or something.

I just wanted to share a scene, which I found hilarious. During the travels of this hellish world, you come across an eccentric filmmaker hoping to make the next breakthrough in filming, which is a new art.

Anyway he wants you to go out in the wild, hogtie a zombie, and bring it back so he can make a movie about them.

Film Maker: Kindhearted neighbors turned into savage flesh eating monsters. It will make a fantastic movie!
John: Who would enjoy that?!
The Film Maker: What?
John: What kind of a sick person would like that?!!
The Film Maker: My kind sir, the Lowest common denominator!!! My people.
John: (Walks off in disgust) You're gone, friend.

Or in the very beginning, you come across a deserted town. A researcher from the original game meets John and after a lengthy discussion, he tells him he wants to join John so they don't die.

"I'm just gonna wander down that lonely, deserted street, and get my bag." I'm sure you can tell what happens like two seconds later.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:02 pm

I think I'd give the zombie one a try first :p

In all seriousness though I still have to beat KH Final Mix. It's the only PS3 game I actually bought and it's the only one that remains unfinished lol.

I also think I want to find another Assassin Creed game that the library doesn't have for the PS3.

And looks like I'll be on tonight since I called out for work tonight. Woo hoo I guess? O-o
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:34 pm

I would seriously play the first...first lol. The zombie is just an expansion, which is kind of short. But the landscape is really beautiful. The undead version has the same landscape which is awesome, but there's not much variety in weather.

It's either foggy or really dark, because they're trying to keep it spooky like, which seriously works. You'll be in a town where it's bright and sunny then hop on your horse and go through the plains and suddenly fog surrounds the area.

My alive horse died, so I needed to find another horse to get out of the undead infested plains and the only thing around was a dead decaying horse. I'm glad I wasn't literally the one riding that thing. There was a swarm of flies all over it.

Also what do you mean you'll be on?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:17 am

I had meant I would be online that night because I didn't have work anymore.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:51 pm

Guess who's going to spam everything with Les Miserables videos because I saw it on Broadway the other day?

ME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8WSysB5vKM
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:14 pm

Yeah sorry I was really busy yesterday and today, so I wasn't online at all. :P

I managed to get a lot of things done, I'm actually surprised.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:24 pm

It's fine.

I still have to write my story :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Are you planing on doing that tonight?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Working on it now. I also have tomorrow......

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:35 pm

Oh, well good luck!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:38 pm

thanks, im going to need it. im just doing a quick job now just to get it done and then hopefully tomorrow ill proof-read it and make sure it's all good.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:42 pm

How many pages do you expect it to be when it's finished?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:38 pm

I just finished today. It's okay, not the best I want it to be but whatever.

It's currently 19 pages. I'll probably do the same thing I did with the story I just posted and wait to hear feedback before I post it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Is 19 pages what it's going to be or is that what you currently left it off on? I don't think making a continuation of a story is unreasonable, but it just sounds like you have a professor who is set in their ways.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:11 am

19 pages is what it's at. Though after getting my grade, I might go back and re-tweak things to make them slightly smoother. So it could be longer.

And she was okay with it being 19 pages. I just have to read the first 10 in class and the next story I write can be shorter because I wrote a long story this time around. So it's all good.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Oh I forgot to mention that I did read your story, earlier today when I found some time. Overall it was pretty good. It seems like you were inspired Nausica, or whatever it's called. At least I vaguely remember planes and hunter pilots with harpoons, who were attacking winged animals, when I saw the movie way back. I think it was on Cartoon Network, when they used to air decent shows.

Anyways it was great, I'm not sure what your professor thought of it, but I think it's good. Did you have a guideline you had to follow? If so, what was the rule for the story this time? I know there was one essay where you had to make a personal story. Which you ended up turning into a fantasy or whatever lol.

So was this story supposed to be related to some life experience in some way?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:53 pm

Aw **** man I didn't even think about Nausicca but you're kind of right lol.

We didn't have any rules. Just write a fictional story that was roughly 5-7 pages. I only got the idea because there were those articles being posted about how the government is trying to make it so SeaWorld in California has to free their whales. And then I started thinking about how back in the day hunting whales was okay and yeah...idk I just kind of wondered what it would be like if we lived in a world where we were hunting whales but they lived in the sky instead of the ocean.

I got an A by the way :p

And I didn't write a fantasy for the personal essay, I just wrote it as if the ride was real :p There's a difference. XD

I actually think I'm going to submit that one to the Media Collision (the school's festival or whatever).

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:56 pm

That's awesome, hopefully you make it in!

Also whatever, I just wasn't sure if Reese was supposed to be you. Like maybe you were trying out for baseball and thought you could hit a jet as the ball was pitched. Then disappointment ensued.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:19 am

Oh.....

Yeah, no that ain't me. I care way too much about math homework :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:27 am

So did you get your grade back for your almost twenty page essay?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:14 pm

No! And I was supposed to get feedback before my next story is due Tuesday. Damn.

I don't know she gave me really good feedback (i.e. that the story was good) from what I read in class. My only issue is whether or not I botched the last 9 pages because I was rushing :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:41 pm

Well I'm sure if you email your professor, they might give you more feedback about the remainder of the essay. Or maybe not. I mean it's not like you paid for the course or anything. And they might have actual paying students/courses to worry about first. Unless they're a volunteer professor who is only dealing with the free courses.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:00 pm

that's not how the class works. I'm in a class where other students paid to take the class. So it's not like the professor is prioritizing based on whether or not they are getting paid. They are getting paid.

When you take the class for free, you are essentially enrolling yourself in a class that everyone else has to pay for. You get in for free because you're an alumni.

the professor is kind of scatterbrained so she probably just forgot :p i guess if i don't hear soon I can always email her but i'm like almost done with this last work anyway so....yeah.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:25 pm

I'd like to know why interesting shows are killed off half way through, but somehow manage to be aired fully overseas when the series itself was created by US companies.

Star Wars Clone Wars and Beware the Batman, just to name a few, were aired fully at other places. Or how Canada and the UK got the first half of the third season of Avatar back to back, while we had to wait god knows how long.

Almost seems like we have monkeys handling the television business. Plus, even when the US makes a decent animated series, we still don't get to see it first. Canada and the UK can cram it, I want to see it first.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next