One Piece; The Great Pirate Era

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: One Piece; The Great Pirate Era

Post  Lee on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:05 pm

OOC: I'm just going to post as Flint for now, if you want to RP as Anais, be my guest.

After their disguises were dispersed, Anais and Hawkins had already slipped theirs on. She wore a fisherman's yellow raincoat, which came all the way down to her feet as it was one size too many, and had an attached hood.

Hawkins on the other hand only had accessories and props to hide his face, if anyone could even say it did that. After he removed the heavy and furry jacket off of him, Flint stared at it and then at his crew who had changed into costumes...or whatever they were doing.

He didn't have enough time to ponder on what was going on, as Hawkins seemed to be readdressing a sore issue he would rather avoid. As he was condescendingly stared at, Flint fidgeted. "There isn't no problem here! Nope, no problem at all!"

Although his tone and the fact that it raised throughout his statement stated otherwise. "Oh geez, why is it hot so suddenly!" He exclaimed, as he began to fan himself with the collar of his jacket.

"Alright, fine you win! These are all different gun parts!" He explained, as he finally caved in from the pressure. If there was any to begin with, as he crumbled almost immediately. "Are you happy!?"
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Hawkins made no effort to put any sort of pressure on Flint other than his last question. He could see Flint would cave in and fast. So he waited until Flint finally confessed everything. Well, at least Flint was the guilty type.

"So what gun parts do we need?" Hawkins finally asked after everything had come out in the open. He spoke through gritted teeth, annoyed that they would now have to go on the hunt for parts yet again. But still, he tried to suppress as much anger as possible. "And be specific this time!"

Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:41 am

"What!?" Anais barked through a shrilly voice, both disappointed and angered by this unwanted news. "You have to be kidding me!" As her anger had gotten the best of her, she threw the empty wooden mug into Flint's face.

As Flint didn't have the time to react, the cup bashed directly into his forehead, as she then directed an equally annoyed expression to Hawkins. "We don't have anything to trade with, let alone the time!"

When she was complaining to Hawkins, Flint who had finished mending his throbbing forehead, began to inspect the quality of the wooden mug. "Hey, this is some really good craftsmanship. Where did you get it?"

"Don't even think about it, I'm not done with you!" She angrily barked back, before swiping the other mug out of Hawkins hands. "Here you want another one?" Anais asked, before throwing it into Flint again. "Take it!"
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:06 pm

"Stop throwing our bargaining chips at Flint," Hawkins said. He looked at the gun parts he now had that were wrong. Perhaps they could trade these parts for the right ones. But as Anais had pointed out, they simply didn't have the time.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:41 pm

Although both mugs banged into Flint, and quite forcefully, they both remained intact. As did Flint's head, even though it throbbed painfully. If it wasn't for the fact that they needed the gun parts, Anais would had thrown them at him as well.

However, they didn't need them, so what was stopping her was the fact that they were in Flint's possession. If they weren't and were in her hands instead, they would be barraging him as well. "You two are like kids!" She barked annoyingly. "You're out getting drunk off your ass and your just screwing around when you should be concerned about the challenge going on!"

"Alright alright!" Flint barked back agitatedly, because his forehead still stung from the double strike, as well as that he wanted to quell her anger before she found anything else to throw.

"I messed up, but just give me some time. I think I can fix this." He stated, as he held the two mugs in his hand. "I am kind of hungry though..."
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:46 pm

"It was for a good cause!" Hawkins replied upon hearing Anais' remark. Hawkins then turned back to Flint. "How are you going to fix this? Because if I don't hear a decent idea from you, the money for your meal is going towards whatever we need to fix this mess."

If they weren't so pressed for money, Hawkins would have given Flint the meal but given their situation, he just couldn't afford to waste any resources.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:48 pm

"Wait?" Flint remarked, after hearing the mention of money and a meal. He had thought they were all out of money and all resources the way the two were talking before, but that didn't seem to be the case. There was also talk about Hawkins getting drunk, but that didn't surprise him. It wasn't like they had anything to lose from it anyway, since they were broke before they even got here.

Unless Hawkins managed to find something, which he didn't inform the others about. "Look who's talking, where did you find the money to get drunk off of?"

While Anais did agree, she didn't want to side with either of these fools at the moment, and instead folded her arms grumpily. "The gun, how are you going to fix it?" She gritted through her teeth.

"Well..." Flint muttered, as he inspected the quality of the mugs. They were sturdy enough, since they could withstand being thrown and all. "I'm going to jury rig a gun with this." He remarked as he showed off the mugs, the gun parts they found, and his own broken gun.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu May 01, 2014 9:19 pm

"It was supposed to be an investment!" Hawkins barked after hearing Flint's pestering. When he had managed to cool down, he looked at the materials Flint had in his hand. It seemed like a decent enough plan. Then again, he knew nothing about crafting weapons.

"Okay," Hawkins said. He took out one of the few remaining meal tickets they had left. "Get half of it done and this meal ticket is all yours."

Hawkins figured this was a fair trade. He knew Flint would need energy for both the tournament and to complete his task. But at the same time, he couldn't just give away a meal ticket and then have Flint find out his plan was a complete and utter failure. It was the best and only compromise he could think of at the moment.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri May 02, 2014 11:53 am

"Better yet, how about we cash our tickets in now." Anais suggested, so that they could be at the restaurant, with their meals already served. Their would be dining, silverware clanging, and the aroma of food surrounding them all. "And we'll hold Flint's meal ransom until he makes some progress."

"Oh no way...that's so not fair..." Flint muttered, as he was completely depressed by this incentive they were dangling over his head.

Last edited by Lee on Sat May 03, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat May 03, 2014 7:33 pm

"Good thinking. That'll give him motivation," Hawkins said. He took the ticket and gave it to Anais instead of Flint.

The tavern was crowded due to the tournament being temporarily on hold until the next round. And, like any other crowded tavern, there was a ruckus coming from inside. And this wasn't necessarily due to the customers that were drunk.

With the tavern overflowing with customers, at first it seemed as though they might not get their meals after all. But luckily, they had someone who was on the smaller end on their side and who could easily slip passed the crowds and secure a recently free table in the corner of the tavern.

Last edited by Loyal Subject on Sat May 03, 2014 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat May 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Although the tavern was packed, Anais managed to weasel through the rowdy drunks, crazy eaters, and just about everyone else. There were a few who managed to bump into her or squeeze her against a wall or table, but her feisty attitude made them think of attempting such an action again.

Since she didn't want to be wedged in between all the chaotic partying, she found a secluded table far away in the corner. It would be the perfect place for them to eat, without worrying about anyone getting in their way, as well as a perfect workshop for Flint.

Once Flint and Hawkins arrived, she handed them their food meals. That is to say, she kept one for herself and gave Hawkins the other two. "You remember the bargain. Make some progress and the meal is yours."

"Yeah yeah...just dangle it over my head won't you." Flint remarked irritably, as he dropped all of his work parts onto the table.

There were two wooden mugs, whose alcoholic residue could still be smelled. The four wrong gun pieces, a sear screw, loading gate catch, cylinder stop, and backstrap screw.

What remained of his previous pistols, which had lost a few pieces after thorough inspection. Possibly lost during their rough sea ride to the island. At the very least, the barrel, or main projectile piece, was still in his possession, as well as the stock, and a few other bolts, screws, and other pieces.

It didn't help that he had to sacrifice a few pieces as bullets on his first challenge. He'd have to find a way around remedying that situation.

Luckily each mug had a few wooden planks and handles at his disposal, as well as the metallic bands keeping the pieces altogether. Not to mention, there was the slingshot handle and the rubber sling.

As he spread out each piece, evenly spaced, he began to tinker. His eyes wandered to each piece, as he rubbed his chin. Then he stopped momentarily and eyed the tobacco pipe in Hawkins mouth. "I need your pipe to."
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed May 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Hawkins handed over his pipe without question. It was just a prop after all and he didn't have time to gain a sentimental attachment to it anyway.

He propped his glasses on his head, underneath his hat, as he watched Flint work. While it was true he probably could have gotten his own meal right about now to further motivate Flint, he decided to wait.

Of course, as he placed his glasses on his head, the toupee Anais had given him fell off. By accident of course. When Anais wasn't looking, he kicked it off to the side, as far away as possible where he hoped it would lost amongst the crowd.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun May 11, 2014 6:03 pm

With all the pieces at his disposal, Flint stared at the material. He carefully analyzed every use and way that each piece would go together, as if fitting a puzzle together. It was a good ten or fifteen minutes before he actually started any work or dismantling of his possessions. He only had one chance at this, so he didn't want to ruin anything.

Thankfully a knife, fork, and spoon, worked just as good as any tool. Or it they were more efficient to use then his hands, as the very least. The first wooden mug was completely broken down to its bare materials, which consisted of a wooden handle, an oval bottom, several miniature planks, and two metal bands which would had held them together. He had plans for the other cup, so he put it aside where it wouldn't get in his way.

With his trusty fork and knife, he pried and tightened the stock, barrel, and most of the original pieces back into its former shape. He was fortunate that he had two makeshift pistols, as he needed every piece of each to remake one. Between the shipwreck and shooting pieces in the contest, they were lucky he even managed that.

The two metal bands were wrapped around the stock and barrel of the pistol, in order to keep the both tightened and intact. It looked like a real pistol, only in its state it wouldn't be functioning as one.

Meanwhile during his whole jury rigging ordeal, the waiter had taken their free meal passes and served them a dish of their choosing.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun May 11, 2014 9:19 pm

As soon as the free dishes came onto the table, Hawkins immediately took Flint's and pulled it towards him, along with his own. With an extra plate, Hawkins placed half Flint's meal on it and gave it to Flint. Half for now, half for later. He figured that was fair.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed May 14, 2014 8:45 pm

"Hey! No fair!" Flint barked accusingly, as he flailed his half finished gun around. "You can't go back on your word. You told me to get this done half way and then I'd get my meal."

"But you did." Anais remarked, as she began to sample from her fish soup and breaded oysters. "We just implied you'd get your meal."

"I'm pretty sure I heard full meal in that sentence."

"I'm pretty sure you didn't."
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed May 14, 2014 8:53 pm

"Consider this a deposit," Hawkins said after the two were done arguing. "And if it makes you feel any better, I was only going to eat half of mine for now. So stop complaining."

He cut the head off his cooked fish before taking a bite.

"Besides, how the hell am I supposed to know your halfway done? It's not like I know how to make a gun."
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:12 pm

"Well if that's how it's going to be..." Flint's statement trailed off, before he swiped a breaded oyster off of Anais's plate.

"Hey, give that back! That's mine!" She protested defensively.

"I get half you get half," He stated, before eating the oyster in one fell swoop. "Fair is fair."

"You jerk! I'm going to kill you!" Anais shouted, before roughhousing with Flint. "Mmm, that was good!"
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:37 pm

"Will you two knock it off!" Hawkins bellowed. He shifted his plate slightly away from Flint. "And stop eating each others' food!"

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:46 pm

Since the pistol was mostly intact, Flint only had to worry about making it function properly now. It wouldn't be falling apart anytime soon. He couldn't compare his older tubed pistols to this new version, but he was certain it was more sturdy then before. Or he might have been imagining that bit. At the very least, he was pleased with his work.

After having calmed down, and as everyone resumed their meals, Flint sampled one of his batter fried catfish strips. If the other pieces Hawkins was holding captive were just as good as this one, he had to finish this soon. Otherwise they would be cold and ruined forever. Plus he was totally keeping the dipping sauce as hostage to, which wasn't very nice.

There were a few more gun pieces to work with, some of the left over miniature planks from the first mug, and the slingshot. There was also a fully intact mug, but he wanted that to be intact for something he conceived at the last minute.

Armed only with a knife and fork, attaching the slingshot to the pistol was no easy task. Not only were the tools inferior and not intended for this type of work, the smallest mistake could ruin either material. Finally the slingshot was attached to the front barrel of the pistol. The handle was below the stock and the two prongs rose up beyond the top.

The handle was sturdy enough to support the pistol entirely on its own. So if someone wanted to hold it by the wooden sling handle, instead of around the pistol trigger, it could be managed. There was no wiggle room and it was tightly screwed.

Because there were a few missing pieces to the firing mechanism, Flint bypassed them by using the sling. Simply put, he would pull the sling to the hammer of the pistol. When the trigger was pulled, the hammer would snap the sling back in place, and the gun would fire.

As an extra bonus, he yanked off the drinking mug's handle. This miniature barrel would be placed atop the pistol. The sling would go over the mug and the hammer, keeping both in place. Throw whatever projectiles you wanted into the mug, pebbles, marbles, acorns, bullets. It would be the perfect spread shot for dealing with certain situations.

"Tada! Check it out!" Flint remarked pridefully, as he waved his masterpiece around. "I told you I could do it!"

OOC: In case you're having a hard time figuring out what it should look like, open the spoiler tag.
Spoiler:

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:32 pm

Hawkins continued to eat half of his meal now that things were settled down. However, he kept an eye on Flint's work all the while. Not because he didn't trust Flint, but more so he was curious as to how Flint was going to create a new gun out of what seemed like nothing.

When the gun was finally complete, Hawkins looked it over.

"Pretty impressive," Hawkins replied. "You sure it works?"

It seemed functioning to Hawkins, at least, from a distance, but whether or not it would potentially fall apart as soon as it was used was beyond him.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:45 pm

Anais mostly kept to herself, as she occasionally glanced over to Flint's craftsmanship and to her plate. Once he was finished and showing the final product, she was impressed, much like Hawkins.

"Wow, I was half expecting garbage that was mashed together." Her second comment was much more of a compliment, however. "This is pretty good!"

"I don't know," Flint responded to Hawkins question. "Only one way to find out." Without warning, he pulled the sling over the hammer. He was in the process of aiming, in no where particular. Immediately Anais began to wrestle with his arm, so that she could stop a mistake before it happened.

"What are you doing, you idiot!?" She bellowed, "You can't shoot that thing in here!"
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:16 pm

"What the hell are you doing?" Hawkins shouted at the same time as Anais. Before Flint could send a bullet flying, Hawkins pushed the rest of Flint's meal in front of him. He figured a plate of food in front of Flint would stop his idiotic thinking. "We'll test it when we're finished here."

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Flint slumped back into his seat, as most of the customers within the restaurant stared in their general direction. "Fine..." He bemoaned, as he was disappointed that he wouldn't be able to test it out just yet. It's not everyday that you jury rig a pistol, so he was just as curious as the others to find out how his contraption would fare. Actually, he was probably even more eager to test it then any of the others, considering this was his profession...sort of.

However, such a disappointing thought was short lived, as he spotted what was in front of him. Deep fried and breaded catfish, with dipping sauce, was the meal of his choice. It took all of his will to not cave in and gorge on these while he was working. Yet, nothing was stopping him now, as his mouth watered uncontrollably. He was just about to grab the tail end of the second strip, before a loud bang came from the sky.

This took him away from his eating habits, even if only momentarily. With the fried fish limply in hand, he stared at the ceiling, before shrugging and going back for the bite. "What was that?" Anais asked confusedly.

"I don't know," Flint remarked, having to stop to address her question, before hoping to finally sample his meal. "It sounded like an explosion."

"I'm sure it's nothing." Flint stopped again, but more aggravatingly. "Besides, it came from outside, not here. We're fine." Not all that convinced with Flint's answers, which were mostly to stop her from talking so he could eat, Anais turned to a passing waiteress.

"Excuse me, what was that noise outside?"

"Oh?" The waitress noticed a young girl addressing her. "That was just a firework. It signals that the final match is about to begin."
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:04 pm

Seeing Flint was about ready to enjoy his meal, Hawkins decided he could relax and maybe get a moment's peace without worry looming over him. In fact, he felt it was even possible to maybe take a drink again. Which he gladly did.

However, his moment of tranquility was over before it even began as a loud noise echoed outside.

"Sounded like a canon," Hawkins said as he took a sip. He wasn't entirely sure what to make of the noise but he saw Anais was already on top of things.

Hearing the waitresses' explanation, Hawkins roughly gulped down whatever was in his mouth and grabbed the plate of food in front of Flint.

"Looks like you're taking this to go." He was already getting up and ready to make a dash towards the arena. "And your new pistol better work."
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Before Flint could even sample his meal, it was stuffed in a bag for him. Not even the most tiny and insignificant of bites could be had. He wanted to just ignore the fireworks going off outside, all the commotion, and his teammates bothering him to rush, and instead eat his fried fish.

But he knew that they would probably fight with him until he did as they said. Or worst, do something terrible to his dinner where it would be irretrievable. Not to mention that they really needed this grand prize, whatever it was, so that they could get enough money to even begin their adventure. So far, they were just getting lucky, but they needed more then luck if they were going to make it to the Grand Line.

Plus a boat, because they didn't even have one of those either. They wouldn't even be able to set sail off of this island without one of those. So that's what they were intending to use this prize for. Or at the very least, an investment.

"Fine..." Flint remarked begrudging, as he held the bag limply in hand. "But I'm eating every last bit when I get there."

"Fine, whatever." Anais barked out, "But we have to get going now!"

"Oh, you folks are fine." The waitress remarked. "The last rounds are mostly for the royals. You can sit back and relax...but I'd hurry if you're part of the contest. Cause you're almost late."

"Oh no!" Becoming worried now, Flint tightened his doggy bag, before rushing off. He came back almost immediately, and grabbed his new pistol. "I don't want to forget this!" Flint exclaimed, before rushing off.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: