Final Fantasy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Final Fantasy

Post  Lee on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:54 pm

It's also not something like a Final Fantasy esque landscape with different war wreckage just laying about.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18348

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:11 pm

^ you mean FF9? Cause all the Final Fantasies have different looks to them....
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16978

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Before FF7, most of the Final Fantasy games had the worldly designs that 9 possessed. You've played 9 right? Great game, you should give it a try if you haven't. Anyway it's always remarked as a return to the actual Final Fantasy.

7, 8, and the ones after 9 were always like modernized versions, which I couldn't get into as much as the other fantasy eqsue versions. It was always like some wannabe hipster bull crap.

Anyway so yeah Final Fantasy 9 and the other games before 7 is the approach or research I'm looking into.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:05 pm

^ i havent played 9. nor have i beaten 10 or 12 because they suck.

10 doesnt have a modernized look. it does in the beginning in Zanarkand but then it moves to a different look that takes place in the future. you might want to look into that. though, it has more asian influences than other final fantasies so im not sure if you'll be interested.

and i actually like the modern look FF7 has at least. i always loved the way FF7's world looked. and of course, Crisis Core was just so damn amazing. but that's just me :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:10 pm

FF7 was a good game, but it was really over-hyped. You should play a little of FF9. The music is really awesome to. I don't really care for what I've seen in 10's atmosphere though, then again I simply just watched a little here and there when my cousin played it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:22 pm

10 is horrible. i can see why you didnt like it.

i still havent played 7, just Crisis Core which is like a spin-off game centering around Zack. I wanted to play 7 but that game is really hard to find and its super expensive. I know you can get it off the PSP network but I held off when I was going to get it because rumors were going around that they were remaking the game for the PS3. so I waited. but now I dont know what happened with that rumor :p. its been going around for years is all i know but they keep making it seem like its going to happen and id rather get it with good graphics like Crisis Core had.

i told myself im not allowed to play anymore FF games until I beat 10 as crappy as it is. unless 7 comes out as a remake first.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy

Post  Lee on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:32 am

I think I remember that, but that was meant as a April Fools joke. Or maybe it was when the PS3 first came out. Yeah I think that's what it was. They remade a small clip of FF7 with better graphics to show the possibilities with the PS3. Fans immediately assumed it meant they were going to remake the game, but they explained that was not the case.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:03 pm

^ no there were talks of a remake way after the PS3 came out as well. It was like maybe two years ago or so they were talking about it. Right around when the last KH game came out.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Take that with a grain of salt, if there is no actual clear evidence of the creators of SquareEnix confirming this. Articles and reports can say a lot of things, but they are the final say.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:54 pm

yeah i know. but at the same time i feel like theyve been teasing the fanbase about it for a while now.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Can't say I've been keeping track of it, but if you've heard little of any development, you can rule it as the April Fools prank, their test trailer for the PS3, or overly optimistic fans.

I'd rather have a Final Fantasy 9 remake. They nailed the series where 7 and 8 failed...and the others after it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:46 pm

i disagree, i want a 7 remake. only because those are the characters i know of and i love a majority of them. i wouldnt mind seeing that be redone. and i really like the world they created personally.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:51 pm

You haven't even played the game, so how would you know? :P
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:04 pm

because i played crisis core which is a spin off, kingdom hearts which has a majority of ff7 characters in it, and i have final fantasy 7 advent children.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Those two things are not even close to what FF7 is like though.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:17 pm

Which two? KH and Advent Children?

KH is not, definitely but what I'm saying is I feel like I know the FF7 characters more than the other FF characters so I'd rather have a remake of FF7. and Crisis Core and Advent Children take place in the same world as FF7 and I really like the way it looks.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:14 pm

I guess both, I've never really played KH. I watched Advent Children, but it's really nothing like the actual game was. It was really weird, and I can't remember much about the movie. Last time I watched it was when it was released or close around it.

I have the dvd I think, but I'd need to find it. Still I rest my case that FF9 has some of the best music. Mostly because the music composer left after 9, so the music sucked afterwords. 7 and 8 had good music to because of him.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:05 pm

i havent heard 9's music.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Here's a few, just so you have a sample to go by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWD6-x20J5A&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLb7kQG40pM&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDO9rk6JULI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8abxqWkJbY

^ This song goes with this. Just watch the ambush part, anything after it is just a boss fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eSYOMrTIxk
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:16 am

ill just leave this here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIfzE8VXUyk

and yes, i liked the music you posted.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 am

I think you posted this once before somewhere. Also one of the FF9 songs is in dutch. That was intended. Something I've noticed is that the Japanese enjoy giving some of their characters foreign languages or music.

Like the last boss of Phantasy Star Online Episode 2, he speaks in this demonic English tone. It's hard to even make out what he's saying as a native speaker of English. Sometimes I can just hear OW!"

Here's the FF9 song I was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HM5dlsVLQg&feature=relmfu
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:30 pm

^ i feel like that's anywhere though. if they want to go for more 'choir'-esque music, it's usually from another country. ive seen it in other things besides anime.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:51 pm

I was mostly talking about it being implemented into games. The Japanese really do it excessively in a lot of their RPGs though, it's just something I've noticed.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:37 pm

they do it in anime too though. ive heard italian, russian, latin, etc. in various shows. but yeah, they do it in video games too.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun May 20, 2012 9:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu6sc831EQk

Best theme song. Also awesome game. I dusted off the game yesterday to get farther in the game. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 1 and 2 are really awesome and I think you'd like it.

It's about this book that some kids find, which traps them in the world of Final Fantasy. Every kid has a horrible life, being crippled, being without parents, ect ect

So when they come to this world they have parents or are able bodied again. Yet you need to force your friends back out of the world as they're steering towards the corruption of the book. Although it looks like the main is just being a dick.

Also you throw potions...

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top