NEW CLIPS

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NEW CLIPS

Post  Lee on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:10 pm

While it's cool to have new clips, wtf? Even all the other Avatars had to learn from other masters to even begin bending the other elements. Kind of disappointed that she's a total marysue already.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18365

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Lee, you're just not Korrasexual yet :p
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16996

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm

What the hell does that even mean? :P

I just remember the first series showing how Roku, Aang, and all the other Avatars had to go all over the world to start their training. How in the world did she do it by herself? It just gives her an extra MarySue boost if you ask me.

Granted if she lives with other benders in the tribe, and picked up, or trained from them somehow, I can understand that. Other then that, picking it up from thin air without any credible information to go by is kind of weak.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Korrasexual is what people are saying in regards to their attraction to Korra. It's all over tumblr and other avatar forums...at least ASN.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:54 am

I kind of figured, that's why I put an :P at the end.
Spoiler:

The Fire Ferrets, apparently that's what Korra, Bolin, and Mako named themselves for their tournament matches. Looks interesting, but can't say I would want most of the series to consist of this.

I can sit through a few scenes of these, but it doesn't look like much else could happen besides what they already shown.

I also can't help but to see Tron in this. At least in their suits.

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-launch-pro-bending-clip.html
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:15 am

there is definitely a Tron thing going on with their suits and the earth discs.

im not sure how i feel about the tournament. i mean, i really like the concept but i also think it could be a little bit more badass.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:40 pm

My point exactly. I was engaged with ATLA's fights, even in the tournament because of all the stuff besides the fight that was going on and the scenery. Here everything is kind of the same and stale. There's not much landscape wise to keep my eyes engaged.

On another note the announcer totally sounds like the same voice who sings a song in FallOut (they have radio channels in FallOut) and the songs are from the 1930s/40s.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:08 pm

i think a lot of the reason why the bending is kind of played down is because its set up to be like a boxing match.

im hoping as the tournament progresses, the fights get more intense. i have a feeling this scene is at the beginning of the tournament which is why it isnt as engaging.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Maybe the tournament is not the big deal of this series and is just like cut ins.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm

that could be.

but then again....nvm. i think there's spoilers involved XD
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Yeah I don't want spoilers if you're like reading book loads of leaked information. But yeah they never said that the tournament would be the big deal.

They said that Amon and his corruption was going to be the big thing, so why would they focus too much on a lighthearted tournament?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:44 pm

the information im thinking of wasnt leaked but it was mentioned somewhere on the website that launched recently...i think. it definitely didnt come from the leaks though.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:29 pm

So apparently there's a bunch of different trailers that were released. I don't know much as I'm tired of watching and spoiling myself with teasers. Just start airing the series if you're going to dangle this stuff in front of everyone.

How many trailers are they going to give us before they do start the show? We know the series premiere is on the 14th of this month, but will they continue from there or make us wait more?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:39 pm

^ Oh yeah I saw those.

Honestly, the clips happen SO FAST, a normal watcher probably wouldn't really intake the things that were shown. Not fully, anyway. But since a good number of the fans are crazy (such as myself) we actually went through every single individual shot throughout the trailers :p There were some really nice things in there XD

So, for the basic viewer who isn't going to look into the trailer and just watch it straight through, there really isn't an issue in terms of spoilers.

I'm pretty sure the show is going straight through with season 1 at least. I dont think they'll break it up. The season's too short to break it up. If they do a Young Justice then they're idiots.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Well it's not like they told us what they intended. As far as we know, this might just be a small taste of what's to come, half a year from now or whatever.

I don't understand, what's the point in trying to figure out everything before the show even airs? Just seems silly. It's like reading the last chapter of a book before you start it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:49 pm

For the record, I read the last page of a book before I finish it :p

And Im not trying to figure anything out really at this point. There's too many things they haven't shown us that would allow people to know the full plot.

This is really all we get from the trailers: Amon might have some sort of ability that allows him to block people's bending but isn't exactly what Aang did in the season 3 finale and that Korra kisses Mako.

I don't think those two things are really all that spoilerly. We've been suspecting Amon's plan would somehow be to get rid of benders and since he's connected to Chi Blockers it would make sense that he might be able to screw up people's bending. That theories been kind of going around for a really long time even before the leaks. And some people are speculating who the victim was in the trailer. Though I'm pretty sure of who it is.

And Korra kissing Mako...again if you watched the first episode that they're in together, it's a pretty good indication that that will probably be the canon pairing. So the fact they kiss isn't really surprising....Some people are saying it's a dream but I don't really care the context of the kiss so much...like I said, I'm not really looking to figure anything out.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:59 pm

Wasn't it already explained that Amon and his goons could block chi and bending though? I thought a lot was spoiled because that's what it sounded like what with all the drooling fans lol.

Also I kind of figured that Korra and Mako would be the love interest of the series. Kind of lame though if you ask me. Why is it always the fire benders? I also find it really funny that people say that Mako's story will be a lot more complicated then Bolin's because of the way he lives.

Ok, they're brothers. Whatever they have, they share. It isn't rocket science. If one is poor, the other one is to. Just because Bolin takes a happier outlook on things doesn't mean he's richer or has it better.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:22 pm

It's always firebenders because firebenders are hot Lee. When are you going to see that? Just look at him. lol

By more complicated, they mean more complicated emotionally not by what the brothers physically have. Based on information that was given, Mako was the one of the two that was always protecting Bolin. So, there's a good chance that Bolin has a positive outlook on life because Mako shielded him as best he could from the darker side of life. He's supposedly very protective of Bolin.

It's sort of like Sam and Dean's relationship from Supernatural. Dean is the more serious of the two because he's the older brother and was the one that had to essentially be a parent to Sam.

That's what the fans are getting at and it makes a lot of sense. This is why I said Mako wasn't emo he just grew up too fast. And I am expecting some sort of backstory with the two brothers.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:27 pm

I guess the reason it gets to me is because my family used to be really poor. I had a really positive outlook on life still, but another member was always moppy. Because of that people always assumed they had it rougher, which pissed me off.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:30 pm

^ they should have said that person wasn't taking it very well or as well.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Well I guess that's why I'll more likely relate or like Bolin's character more than Mako.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 pm

I think I'm going to like all of them as an awesome trio. but romantically wise that goes to the firebender :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:37 pm

But eventually what happens is Mako saves Bolin and Korra at the risk of his own life. The two then honor his life, deed, and name by naming their baby Mako.

I'm just screwing with you.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 pm

^ Death has never stopped me from loving a character.

Just ask L.

although there are some people that think its possible Mako will die because in the trailer he gets like...seriously shocked.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum