Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW TRAILER!

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NEW TRAILER! Empty NEW TRAILER!

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:50 pm

http://tv.ign.com/articles/121/1219419p1.html

OMG THERE'S PHOTOGRAPHY IN THE AVATAR WORLD NOW!

and OMG KORRA IS AT A PRESS CONFERENCE

AND OMG IT'S JUST SCREAMING BATMAN!

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

NEW TRAILER! Empty Re: NEW TRAILER!

Post  Lee Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Looks interesting, but I still hope that there's challenges for Korra to overcome (as in tough enemies) and I don't want it just be that these enemies stay in the shadows and have the brains while she is all brawn.

Otherwise it'll be the typical gungho female lead, which we have too many of.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:22 pm

^ i think the thing Korra is going to be lacking is the spiritual component to being the Avatar.

and that would make sense if the overall conflict is going to be spirituality vs. technology or science vs. faith or whatever.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Still if there isn't any opponents who are her equal or stronger, this show is going to be a snooze. It looks promising, but it also looks like she might be the Goku of the show.

DragonBall was amazing in the first season because Goku wasn't that strong, but after that it was nothing was a problem. As in enemies. You'd have to watch DragonBall to understand, Not Z, the first series when they were kids.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:48 pm

im pretty sure Amon's going to be a tough enemy. i mean, just look at him: he's got the creepy mask and everything.

i think he might be one of those guys where you think he's just smart but then when Korra faces him, you realize he's not only smart but also really strong.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:50 pm

I hope so. But not only Amon, we need some other challenges because Amon probably won't be confronted personally until a while in the series.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:55 pm

the Amon arc is only 14 episodes so im sure he'll make at least a couple of appearances.

i have a feeling he'll appear at turning points of the show. like, if the entire mini-series is broken up with the 3 act structure, he's probably going to show up right before act 2, right before act 3, and the climax at least.

but that's just my prediction :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:56 pm

I thought the series had 24 episodes licensed?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:24 pm

right but season 1 is the first 14 (or maybe it's 12, i dont remember) with Amon and the second season has something else.

from my understanding anyway.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:42 pm

I don't know, I think I'd like an ongoing plot more.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:44 pm

^ id rather they keep it the 14 episodes that they originally intended for the mini series and then do the season two as the additional episodes personally.

because then that would have meant they would have had to have gone back and stretch out the plot more of the first 14 episodes or whatever. and that would have 1. pushed Korra back even more and 2. might have stretched out the story too much.

but thats just me. ill wait and see until it airs.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:19 pm

Right but Avatar The Last Airbender wasn't intended to be as long as it was either.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 pm

i thought it was slated to be 3 seasons but they made the first 13 so that if the show got canceled by Nick due to its unpopularity, it would have a decent ending still.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:00 am

No they only planned for it to be so long and they didn't plan for any of the many episodes it had.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:40 pm

^ are you sure because i could have sworn they said at Comic Con one year it was supposed to be 3 seasons from the beginning. or maybe im just making **** up again XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:42 pm

No they didn't. It was only supposed to be so long, but after they started getting half way through Season 1 or whatever, where Nick asked for more, they had to stretch it out.

I mean seriously most of season 2, even though I really liked it, was a wild goose chase where none of the main plots took place until the very very end.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:07 pm

^ but it was originally supposed to have 3 seasons, correct? not necessarily full 20-whatever episodes but at least 3 sections where Aang masters all the elements. cause honestly, that's pretty dumb if they had this whole set up leaning towards there being 3 components or at least where Aang defeats the Fire Lord and then have it end with season 1 where that final confrontation never happened....

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:08 pm

No they had that idea still, but it was supposed to be a super quick series that only lasted a season. At least that's what a very old interview thing said.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:11 pm

oh okay.

well then i cant really say which id prefer unless we were to get a taste of what Avatar would have been had it been short.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:15 pm

It would probably feel rushed and with less character development. The plot is cliche if you take apart all the element bending and whatnot. What intrigued me, with anything were the characters.

However the plot needed to be there as well as the danger of the war, which brought out the characters even more. Here in Korra the way I'm reading it is that there really isn't much of a big threat and it's more of a joy ride with some Batman villains here and there.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:26 pm

^ not necessarily true in terms of character development. if a movie can effectively develop characters in an hour and a half, a tv show can do it in a season.

cliche plots can also be done well if its done right. i mean, a lot of plots are pretty cliche when you think about, its just the way that they're done that makes them different.

for Korra, i guess it depends on what Amon actually does. there so little we know about him that he could be anything at this point really. i get a number of impressions from him. its almost like he's going to be an evil version of V from V for Vendetta. and, if thats the case, then damn he'll be a threat. but i cant really tell since...you know....he's barely in the trailers. i think its too early to tell with him though.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Right but a movie usually only focuses on one or two characters. So that means Aang and Katara would be focused on when everyone else is overlooked, or Zuko switches places with Katara or something.

cliche plots can also be done well if its done right. i mean, a lot of plots are pretty cliche when you think about, its just the way that they're done that makes them different.
That's what I said wasn't it?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:03 pm

^ i thought you were saying because its cliche, it needed to be expanded more. im saying not necessarily. my bad if that's what you werent implying.

and yeah about the characters but at the same time, the tv show would have had more time than a movie but less time than the way it was. so it could have worked. can't say it definitely would have, again, it would depend.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:06 pm

It depends how much time they focused one everything, but something would had to suffer.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:24 pm

right. but, as ive said before, i wouldnt mind if some of the 'filler' episodes had been gone especially some of the ones from season 3 like the Painted Lady. i mean, i think they could have developed the characters through the plot points rather going off tangent a little.

but that's just me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum