What would you like to see?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What would you like to see?

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:29 pm

im talking about in the far future. like, if they get to do more of what they want to do.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16993

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:58 am

I'm pretty sure that they thought they were done with the series with Aang's adventure. Unlike Harry Potter and the others you mentioned, those books implied that they were unfinished.

The Last Airbender summed up everything that really needed to be dealt with in the plot. The Fire Nation was defeated and peace restored enough to call it an ending. Just in case you say something about Zuko's mom, that wasn't a crucial plot for the actual driving story. So it didn't really need to be clarified in order for the Fire Nation's defeat. With Korra it's a totally different plot, so I'm sure after Legend of Korra ends, there probably won't be a third series to follow.

And if they somehow did, I think the best approach would be to have it set in a different world and everything, unless they go the 1000 year range or something. Otherwise it will be the same lands and everything all over again. Making it centuries after or something will be enough time for the lands to have changed somewhat.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18361

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:19 pm

^ if they thought they were done then they should have made the book years ago. but now, since Korra is out, I think they should just wait.

Zuko's mom was a plot point that they could have revealed in said book because it was something that was expected to have a conclusion but didn't. ive been over this before so i wont really say anything else about it :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:30 pm

It was not needed for the Fire Nation's defeat though, that was my point.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:32 pm

i know and im agreeing with you.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Okay, so since we made this thread about what we'd like to see, I also think we should talk about how the things that we wanted to see are now being fulfilled/unfulfilled. Basically, I just wanted to post about how excited I am that Korra's been fulfilling many of my expectations.

-Dark Knight references/similarities: Chief Bei Fong so far is exactly what I wanted her to be. Amon is so similar to the Joker in terms of the story (which I am still fairly certain is total bs) he tells the equalists. And Mako is Batman. Enough said.

-Film in Korra: although we haven't seen film, they're clearly using 1920s film as a way to recap the episodes (although they're doing late 1920s but whatever, I'll take it). With that being said, I think it's safe to say that film does exist in Korra.

-Korra is a bamf- I don't need to go into details here I feel.

-Mako's entire being

-Gangsters

~Potential Spoilers Now~

-Teacher/Student relationship: although i was originally thinking Tenzin and Korra might have a sort of teacher student relationship without actually going there, it turns out that Penma and Tenzin probably had a teacher/student relationship due to their age difference and im pretty sure it said on Korra's website that she met him by being a student at the Air Temple Island.

-1920s party: we see Korra wearing a party dress in one of the trailers

-Love square instead of Love triangle: although it hasn't been confirmed, the newest picture of Asami strongly suggests that the love square will be Bolin, Mako, Korra, and Asami. Although, worse case scenario, it will be a love triangle with Mako, Korra, and Asami. THANK GOD WE'RE NOT DOING A TWILIGHT/HUNGER GAMES/WHATEVER.

and that's all i can think of right now.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm not reading any of the spoilers, sorry. When I saw the recap vintage film style, I immediately though about you and how you wanted so badly to have something like that.

It's not going to happen, but I want to see how they would create their own version of a gun or cannon. Guns can be controversial in shows like this, but many kid shows have cannons implemented into them, so it's not that much of a stretch to try adding one in somewhere.

Other then that, I guess just seeing some other Avatar The Last Airbender characters, mains or not. I'd prefer some of them be alive, but if they're dead maybe we could see some of their achievements or hear about them somewhere during the journey.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Yeah I kind of figured which was why I separated it. Though, the two I mention are only 'kind of' spoilery only because they've officially been released by nick on the Korra website (not Korra Nation, the official Korra website)...it's just something I didn't think you'd want to know in advance.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:14 pm

I don't care if it's official or non, I normally don't look into that stuff with anything. So I'll keep myself spoiler free, because that's just how I like to enjoy the series.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:33 pm

i know, i just wasnt sure if i clarified that the spoilers were totally not illegal. :p

...well...except one
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Aha! You've been had!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:01 pm

To be fair, I saw it by accident. Someone reblogged it on my Tumblr dash.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Tumblr has seriously taken over you. It's a parasitic infestation, yet I must endure. As the lone wanderer, I will not succumb.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Hey, I haven't been on tumblr really at all today. i just went on to see if the sherlock screening contest winners were announced, saw some korra spoilers for the 4th episode because it got leaked, and then got the hell out of there.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:17 pm

That's why I stopped going there, even to promote the site.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:19 pm

makes sense but i usually like spoilers so i dont really care.

oh yeah and i also found out there today the phone numbers for the phone booths in the UK section of EPOCT. I'm totally going to call one of the numbers and pretend I'm looking for the Doctor. Or pretend that I've time traveled. Or pretend I'm a Disney character.

OMG THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:21 pm

And then someone won't care and hang up :P
Lee
Admin

View user profile