What would you like to see?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What would you like to see?

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:11 am

oh right!

yeah, sort of like that. though i was thinking of something much more gruesome XD
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16979

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:23 am

What else could they do? Magneto pretty much took the minerals that were inside the guards body, although they were smuggled in by Mystique, same thing.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18348

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  charlaine2124 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:01 am

I reckon there should be an awesome thing that Airbending can do. So Water gets Bloodbending/healing, Earth gets Metalbending, Fire gets lightning. What does air get?

Also, to what extent does the avatar master the elements? I've always been a fan of the idea that The avatar could be the most powerful waterbender, but never get the healing thing, or the lightning thing or whatever. I hope that Korra either does or talks about the fact that she can't do lightning or healing or metalbending...
charlaine2124
Non-Bender

Female Number of posts : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:04 am

I think this was discussed a lot in different forums, and the thing most people always came up with is creating some sort of vacuum like space.

I'm not sure we'll see an extra special air bending move. I think all the other elements earned one, except for Air, because Aang was already the Avatar. I suppose they assumed they didn't need one.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  charlaine2124 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:07 am

what about the second part, the 'mastering but never being quite as good as just a (element)bender, even if you are more powerful'?
charlaine2124
Non-Bender

Female Number of posts : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at, but we might see some interesting moves from Tenzin. He's really the only airbender left who would be capable of such a feat. What that would be though, I'm not sure.

The only things I can think of are too powerful, like a hurricane or tornado, or something that wouldn't really be useful like creating a vacuum space.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:38 pm

Lee wrote:What else could they do? Magneto pretty much took the minerals that were inside the guards body, although they were smuggled in by Mystique, same thing.

They could do what I said and have the minerals on the skin and be able to peel off people's skin. Like, dust pretty much comes from dead skin and our skin tends to have a lot of salt on it I believe.

So yeah, we should have earthbenders that rip people's skins off. Just sayin' :p

And I agree: I think the Avatar shouldn't necessarily have access to metalbending, bloodbending, lightning, etc. since they already get to master all four elements. but, i think its possibly okay if they get access to whatever special technique is in their 'natural' element.

Id have to think about a kid friendly airbending specialty move.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Id have to think about a kid friendly airbending specialty move.
Right my thoughts exactly. Not something kiddish, but something that wouldn't break away of what the monks would do, since they live a life of peace and harmony.

Certain debris and dust aren't really earth material though. Dead skin flakes, no one would be able to bend that. I'm not so sure earth benders would be able to bend salt either.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:29 pm

im sure people have dirt on them if you really take the time to look and are precise :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Yes filth maybe, but that doesn't mean it's all dirt/earth.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:17 pm

It would be interesting if we could see another combustion man or at the very least have his type of attack/bending explained. You'd think that with a villain shooting exploding fire out of his head it would be explained more. They sure like explaining the obvious and leaving the not so obvious to question.

I mean sure I know he's using his mind and that it looks like he's igniting the oxygen in the air, but that still should be explained in more detail.

It would had been really nice if they made a well detailed and artistic encyclopedia book of a lot of the world of Avatar. I saw something years ago for the Star War series. They explained even the most trivial things like each animal in the ecosystem.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:19 pm

it would be smart if they did that. they do it for all the other big fanbases...
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:26 pm

I've only seen it done for Star Wars though. I was bored and browsing through stuff in Barnes n Nobles.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 pm

they did for Harry Potter and Doctor Who definitely.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Of course you would know that.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:41 pm

well my point is, they do it for the big fanbases so i dont know why they wouldn't do it for Avatar.

actually, i dont know if the Harry Potter one ever got published. i know there was an issue with it though where someone was selling a Lexicon of HP information and JKR sued them because she planned to do a book like that. but, like i said, i dont know she made it or not.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:46 pm

I know there's a huge library of information on Avatar wiki, but it's not the same as getting the full straight source from the creators.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:34 pm

right, i agree. but i think if they're going to make one, they should wait for Korra now.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Why not make one for Korra and one for Aang? I mean chances are that different lands will be introduced.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:01 pm

yeah....but usually the guide is about the world itself which would mean you would include both in the same book...idk it just makes sense.

like the star wars one you saw, did it have everything in it from beginning to end?
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:04 pm

I can't remember, I just read a page or two.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:12 pm

they have different ones apparently but they do have one that covers everything.

so basically, they should release three: one on aang, one on korra, and one on both. like, the only aang and the only korra one would be cheaper while the other one would be more and that one would also be the one that is constantly getting edited with information if the universe continues to expand.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Sounds like what keeps happening to the Zelda series...
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:16 pm

they should make one that had all the Doctor Who stuff in it...but they havent because there's too much to go over XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:18 pm

I doubt they would have to tweak too much with the Avatar books though. Really there's only two series so far and one hasn't even been released at all.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: