Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom Hearts

2 posters

Go down

Kingdom Hearts Empty Kingdom Hearts

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Yeah, I did it.

Honestly, I don't expect this conversation to get very far since I don't believe you've ever played it. All I can say is, it's a really good game and you should play the first one at the very least. Skip Re:Coded cause trust me, it ain't worth it XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Hearts Empty Re: Kingdom Hearts

Post  Lee Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:40 pm

You're right that I've never played through any of the games entirely. I've watched my cousin play the very first one, when it came out, here and there. Though I didn't watch much and I think him and I mostly (got it and watched) so that we could see the FF characters.

However it was more of a Disney game instead of actual Final Fantasy characters, so that was a bit disappointing. I can't say I've watched too much though.

I did end up buying the first and maybe the second preowned. They were like five bucks or something years ago. I bought it along with a Resident Evil game. I played a few seconds, I think I stopped where the main characters have a race (to name their ship or something)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:09 pm

I personally was addicted to the game from the start because it was Disney.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:42 am

Well I know you would be, you're a big Disney fan. You've played a lot of the games, are there a lot of Final Fantasy characters/levels/or any references?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:17 am

yes but they arent the main focus of the game. it's more like they're making cameos. but they usually have one world thats dedicated to them but its integrated with main plot points and/or disney stuff.

this is a list of characters:

Cloud
Zack
Aerith
Yuffie
Leon (Squall)
Auron
Cid
Sephiroth
Tifa
Rikku
Pain
Yuffie
Tidus
Wakka
Sephie (I think that's her name...she's not really in it that much so I dont remember :p)
Vivi
three people whose names I do not know. I think one of them is Seifer or something.

and thats all i can remember. they kind of reference stuff that may or may not have happened in previous final fantasy games. like, KH is an alternate universe for the Final Fantasy characters but its suggested the FF characters may have gone through similar events they went through in their respective FF game. and this is exactly what i meant by KH being more confusing than it needs to be at times :p. the next game is going to have characters from the DS game The World Ends With You (not sure if you've played that or not).

and ive played all the KH games that have been released in the US :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:04 pm

I've never played any of them, except watching my cousin a few short times and playing the first game for about five minutes or less. I actually completely forgot I had the game.

It's nice to hear that Vivi makes an appearance, which one is that for? If he's in that one, I'm sure more of the cast from FF9 are in it as well. I really loved that game, best Final Fantasy I've played. At least from the PlayStation era. FF7 was good to, but I think it got a little overrated.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:13 pm

Vivi is in KH2 and im pretty sure the other characters from 9 are not in the game...but I honestly don't know because the only FF characters I know of are the ones from 7 and 10. I kind of know 8 but I only know like one or two characters from it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:57 pm

If they have Vivi I'm sure some of the others make a guest appearance. He wasn't necessarily one of the more main characters. Good to know that I have both games then. I might play them just for the sake of seeing Vivi.

...Or maybe I'll just Google or youtube that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:14 pm

im almost positive vivi is the only one.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Not listening to you! Don't ruin my optimism!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:33 pm

well if you're going to play the game to find out, i recommend doing the first game first because you wont know wtf is going on if you just skip to 2. trust me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Is that what you did? I would be just doing it for the cameo appearances, so the confusion wouldn't probably bother me as much as it did you.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:43 pm

no, i played the first game when it came out and then continued with the series. im saying because i know what the storyline is, if you're going to play the game for cameos, you really should start at the beginning. unless you dont care about the story. but if you do or if you find yourself somewhat interested, i recommend you play from the beginning XD even if you play from the beginning, you never fully know whats going on...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Well gee that argument just makes my idea look even better. I won't know wtf is going on anyway.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:03 pm

it does, doesnt it? :p

i love KH but its got its issues. and confusing storylines is its biggest flaw.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:36 am

Kind of reminds me of how you felt about Lost. Never watched it so whatever. Anyway I might start up KH 1 this weekend. I'll see how far I get though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:22 pm

yeah LOST has a confusing storyline but LOST has a problem where plot points just ended with no resolution. with KH, you get a resolution, its just a confusing one. and it usually begs more questions than answers.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Oh well, I'll throw the disc in when I'm finished with my other games. I still haven't finished Donkey Kong Country Returns and I had that for about a year now. Actually I kind of forgot I had it...what with school and all.

The game is really beautiful though. I'd suggest getting it whenever you replace your Wii. It's a great homage to the SNES DK games.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:19 pm

let's just get through Ocarina of Time and Skyward Swords first lol. One game at a time otherwise you're just encouraging me not to finish my games :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Don't forget Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks! Oh and Fire Emblem and Tales of Symphonia!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum