Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaker Spoilers

2 posters

Go down

Leaker Spoilers Empty Leaker Spoilers

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:18 pm

Here is a link to the pictures (where they legit come from):

http://believeinwinx.forum-motion.com/ <= you have to sign up to see that.

but here are tumblr pictures: http://avataraang.tumblr.com/post/15857739218/more-leaked-images-the-bad-guys-they-show-up

i'll post more when i find them...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Leaker Spoilers Empty Re: Leaker Spoilers

Post  Lee Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:26 pm

Not going to sucker myself into looking at them too much. I want some things to remain a surprise until the show airs. Though where is this all coming from?

I feel that some guy or gal is doing it just for attention and Mike/Bryan and the rest of the crew are pulling their hair out because of it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Whoever's doing it, they're clearly doing it to promote the winx website. they just released one clip and say they're going to release a clip every week.

the video is on megaupload I can't embed it because the site doesnt support megavideo...

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.megavideo.com/v/SAF59EO4449132421170c5247e2db3112ed19dba2" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="363"></embed></object>
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 pm

So is this leaker someone from the company? I mean I wouldn't think someone from the team would have the time or want to operate such a shoddy looking site.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Supposedly this is the story:

The leaker got it from a screening that only licensing companies could attend.

The leaker tried to glorify the moment by saying the episode would come out within a week. Well, Viacom found his ass and started monitoring him.

The leaker gave it to this Winx website person and this person is basically making the EXACT same mistake the first leaker made i.e. they only released a clip and said they would keep releasing clips every week.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:10 am

So what? Someone's going to monitor him and or screw over his forum?

Edit: See I knew it. That cheap shot really helped their hit ratio. They still have over 200 members online.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:15 pm

No, but if they had prolonged the leak, they would have been caught way more easily. Plus, they have the forum's name written all over the leaks so anyone that wants to shut down the leaker (i.e. Viacom) doesn't have that hard to look.

Yes, they're getting a lot of attention. But assuming Viacom's monitoring everything, that person is going to get in serious trouble.

And the reason why there are still 200 people online is because more leaks were posted.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:19 pm

So supposedly the entire episode is going to get leaked soon. Just thought I'd share that with everyone :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:50 pm

What? Why? And Nick or the Avatar crew aren't doing anything about this?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:19 pm

i dont know. i just know the leaker is saying he's going to give the admin of that forum the full episode. i guess because a lot of the fans are being obnoxious and asking for it. granted, i dont mind them asking for it but they're asking for it in really rude ways.

so i guess he's giving in and going to put up the episode? and Nick hasn't done much to my knowledge.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:21 pm

This has gone to far if you ask me.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:30 pm

omg my cat deleted my entire post @_@

i dont really care what happens in terms of the leak.

i think people feel as though its gone too far because the leaker released clips first instead of just doing the entire episode all in one go. honestly, i think the fanbase would have flipped with excitement to get the first episode without question. but seeing as theres clips then the episode, its almost like the leaker is playing a game with the fanbase or just soaking in all the attention. when in reality i just think the leaker doesnt know wth he's doing. but thats just me :p

i also think part of the reason people are being so demanding and rude is because Nick still hasnt given us a release date for the show. normally, this wouldnt be an issue, but its an issue with Nick because Nick has had a tendency to 'screw' the fanbase for no reason with release dates i.e. what went down with Season 3. so the fact Nick isnt giving a release date is unsettling to a lot of people. which means that if someone throws bait in front of them like this episode release, they're going to jump at it and demand to see whatever this person has access to.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:33 pm

I think Nick should do what most series/channels do. They normally give an episode out about a season or two before the actual entire series airs. They should do this before this attentionseeker does it. He or she will get the praises, all of them, when they truly should be towards the actual crew.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:40 pm

but that's the smart thing to do. and we know Nick isn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to Avatar :p

and, on the other hand, that might not be good either depending on how they plan to release the show. because Young Justice did that too and you know what? its been over a friggin year since the show came out and we are still not done with season 1. wtf. seriously wtf is up with that ****. it's unacceptable and, honestly, i dont even know if im going to keep watching it (at least, not on tv) when you only get five episodes and then months and months worth of breaks. so honestly, if Nick plans on doing something like that (which they have done in the past) im not going to lie, i will be pissed.

what they should do (assuming they know about the leaks) is they should release a statement explaining why Korra doesn't have a release date yet. i mean, jesus, Doctor Who fans were surprised that there was no release date for season 7 after the christmas special and what did BBC do? they explained that they can't really reveal anything and they can't have a conclusive date because they haven't started filming it yet. There. Simple. done. everyone's happy and content. I dont understand why Nick can't just say 'we don't have a release date yet because______'

and when they release the series, they should do a worldwide release or close to it. but thats just something that i think every form of media (with exceptions) should do in order to avoid piracy, illegal downloading, etc.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Well some fanbases are more civil then others. While the Who fans were ok, I think Avatar fans would act like brats. At least the younger ones. It's still a kid show.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Doctor Who is directed towards younger audiences actually. not 6-11 but its apparently directed towards all ages. like i said, Doctor Who actually gives their fans constant information on what's going on, Nick does not. Nick makes the fans guess and the fanbase relationship with Nick is not a good one. the fanbase relationship with Mike and Bryan is good and thats why so many are torn.

but i do think the Avatar fanbase is ridiculous on so many levels.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:38 am

I never watched Doctor Who, but it always struck me as a show/series that was more complex and not intended for as young as the audience was for Avatar. Sure Avatar garnered all different kinds of ages, but so did that new series My Little Pony or whatever.

It's the only art and discussions I see on DA or places like Tumblr/Twitter.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:21 pm

from my understanding, a lot of people in the UK have been watching Doctor Who since they were kids. so it is for all ages, it can just be really confusing at times...plus, the UK is a lot more open about stuff on tv than we are ive noticed...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum