Nintendo 3DS

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:18 am

im talking about the gamer reviewers. like ign or whatever the other ones are called. those people are gamers and even though they work for a magazine, they're supposed to give their honest opinion.

like i said, its like how movie critics are. just because they get perks to see movies in advance or get interviews with famous people in the movies doesn't mean they're supposed to give sugary coated reviews for every movie they see.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16979

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:33 am

Still reviews by the majority of gamers will give you a better idea.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18348

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:08 am

Hey LS, have you tried or bought/downloaded Zelda 64 in any form? I only ask because they have one for the 3DS and I advise holding off until you can get a copy and the system.

Not only are there more features and easier controls, but the graphics compared to the original are ten times better. The characters look like jagged polygons in the original, but they're so smoothly detailed, it's like an entirely different game.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:32 pm

^ no i never got it. we had the fire before i went to go and buy it off the Wii network. and now i can't get it cause I don't have a Wii and i don't know where my gamecube is.

i was holding off to hear about the 3DS version as well because i did hear it was going to be easier.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:27 pm

I wouldn't say it's easier. It's about the same difficulty and you can handle the difficulty LS :P

The graphics are very nice and the way they have the ocarina and item menu set up is easier then how they did it with the N64 or any of the other versions. It's also cool that if you tilt the DS in any way, you can pan the camera to the sides, up, and down, both in first and third person.

I tested the game demo at Best Buy, I'm going to be getting it, even though I've played the N64 and GameCube version.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:22 pm

^ i heard they redid a level that was very difficult in original game. something with there being glitches or something so they fixed that. i think it has to do with using boots in an ice fortress....
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm such a sucker, I had to buy it :P

There isn't really an ice fortress. I would more or less call it a mini dungeon because it can be finished fairly quickly. I don't remember it being hard though.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:29 pm

i dont know if its hard or not. im just going by what i read from one of the creators.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:37 pm

The only glitch I remember from that game is running into a wall and banging into a vast dark emptiness. But yeah hold off for this game, you'll like it a lot more.

Plus seeing the world and characters in 3D is pretty badass to.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:44 pm

well i have to hold off on the game regardless :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Right, well now you have another reason. I just wanted to let you know cause I wasn't sure if you got the game somewhere else yet.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:48 pm

So...apparently KH3D for the Nintendo 3DS now has a Three Musketeers World and a Tron Legacy world. Not really too keen on the Tron Legacy bit but Three Musketeers is one of those movies that I know isn't that good but I still watch it occasionally and if it's ever on tv. With that being said, I think I'm going to get a Nintendo 3DS but I think I'm going to see if I can get a refurbished one at Gamestop because there's only two games that I want so far. And I tend to not play Nintendo DSs all that much so it would feel like waste if I went for a new one. I mean, I only have like 5 games for the DS.

I tried to ask my sister if she would be willing to split the cost of a new one and then we share it but she doesn't want to do that.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:51 pm

The 3D effect for the 3DS is really delicate, or so I've heard. So if you're going to get a refurbished/preowned system, make sure all of it works before buying it. You can never know with some of those game retail stores.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:55 pm

it won't be the end of the world if the 3D doesn't work. personally, I dont really like the 3D craze to begin with except when they show old movies in 3D for a limited time.

I think Game Stop has a policy though where if it doesn't work 100% you get a refund. At least, that's what my mom told me when she was looking into getting a refurbished Xbox for us.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:02 pm

If something doesn't work 100% I wouldn't buy it. If it's not working but like 80% or whatever, whose to say if it won't drop its percentage of usage sometime later or earlier. You just get lucky with preowned stuff sometimes, but not always.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Right. I can also use the money I get back for my 'broken' Nintendo Ds lite and put that towards the Nintendo 3DS :p i have a couple of options but im basically going to play this by year until I know if my dad's getting me anything for christmas. the game doesn't came out until March for Japan so I got plenty of time XD
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:52 pm

The term is 'Play this by ear' but sounds good, hope you get it!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:41 pm

I've heard it both ways. :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 pm

That's because it's a simple mistranslation when people mishear someone. It makes more sense for it to be play it by ear. Because if someone was to play it by year, that would indicate a long time to wait.

Play it by ear is saying I'll hear and therefore know, when the time comes. Which reminds me of your fiction mix-ups with the term might as well, which you typed as mine as well :P

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060922140435AAL3M8S
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zlex8ja2eNI

OMG HECK YES!!!!

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:06 am

Quite long for a trailer. Not sure if minutes of people talking is the best way to captivate an audience though.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Oh trust me, it is.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:39 pm

I wasn't really captivated. There was just too much stationary talking for a good bit, until it started to pick up a little more. They should had mixed it up a bit.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:55 pm

they always start with talking in KH trailers. it's pretty much the standard format.

i always think the most successful parts of the trailer are when they show recaps of previous games to show what you've been through with the series and then they show the new stuff. basically, i like it whenever they play the theme song :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:07 am

So what you're saying is if someone throws in the song you're all over it?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: