Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cana

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cana Empty Cana

Post  Cana Alberona Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi
I recently got into Avatar when my best friend told me the cartoon was like way better than the movie. I was surprised at how much the cartoon caught my interest, and well I RP ( or try to too) for Fairy Tail when I can and got bored and looked around for an Avatar RP.
So Here I am!.

I study Creative writing In University so while I’m busy I do get considerable spare time meaning I can post easily once a week (Tuesday I have off but review my peers work).

So um yeah this place seems OK I can’t promise I’ll be very active so I don’t mind my character not being too main or central, as I have assignments and can’t always give notice. Though I can give you the due dates of them so I disappear near the dates you can assume it’s that

I see you need some villains ( I read your rules and gosh do you have a good few ) so I’m happy to make a bad guy out my character though I’ve never played a villain before but I have designed a few for dramatic writing scripts . So that’s it really ask anything else you want to know.
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Non-Bender

Female Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Cana Empty Re: Cana

Post  Cana Alberona Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:23 pm

I've been reading some of character analysis threads ( only a few pages each I wont lie) and you guys have kept a RP going for four years! that's incredible for a small site.
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Non-Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:14 am

Welcome aboard! You might notice that we often don't stay on topic, we're often just random like that!

Hope you enjoy your stay and if you got anything to ask, don't be shy!

Also don't fret too much about your activity here. We're all busy during the winter/spring time due to school and all. We don't follow the rules strictly to the last period. It's just a written document in case someone wants and understanding.

I've been reading some of character analysis threads ( only a few pages each I wont lie) and you guys have kept a RP going for four years! that's incredible for a small site.
Yeah we just realized that a little while back and were shocked.

For the record, I did see your character sheet, but it's really late. I have to be up super early tomorrow, but I will get onto it later tomorrow. I probably wouldn't even understand what I'm reading on account that I'm so sleepy lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Cana Alberona Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:19 am

So how does your RP work?
Do you travel similar to cartoon or is it just create a thread and go from there?

Um do characters know each other off the bat or do introductions in IC?
I'll just ask as it goes along. If I need to change anything let me know I'm rather happy to edit my character to something you need rather than be slipped painfully.
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Non-Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:37 am

Right now because it's exam week, not much is going to be happening. That much can't be helped and I'm sorry for that. Though school comes first and none of us want our grades or classes to fail.

So don't worry, we understand your situation at school. Creative writing sounds pretty nifty! I had to take a class like that, where we have to write up different scripts for projects.

As for the story, it's kind of tricky. Since the story has been an ongoing project for four years or so (but has only spanned about two seasons in the actual series) there are people who knew each other and those who didn't.

We actually have several different RolePlays. We have a superhero Rp like Justice League where every arc is a different villain. Right now I'm controlling the baddies, but next arc another member gets to assemble the bad guys and their plot.

We also have a Detective RP based in the 1930's when authority still didn't have that strong grip on many parts of United States just yet. There are some goofy RolePlays which are mostly random, and a few others. In fact if you think of one (Avatar or not) you can post the idea or RolePlay in the sections.

If anything needs to be changed with your character, I will let you know, but we're not strict with rules. We just don't accept people who can do things like bend all four elements or kill people with the flick of their finger. Ridiculous stuff like that.

As for the main Avatar RolePlay, it has its own plot that it follows. Although it is set in the same time of Aang's adventures, they rarely crisscross. Some of the characters have made appearances like Azula, The Boulder, and so on, but like I said it has its own plot and impact.

If you've ever played a game called Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS, it's like that. The adventure of Ramza is left out of history and so is the adventures of the RolePlaying cast of this adventure.

If you do want your character to know any of the existing characters, just let us know.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cana Alberona Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:03 am

Sounds really cool , I've been looking for a casual RP for some time. I don't think I need to know anyone so It should be more fun to come in fresh ( more so if I'm antagonist ).

Well my course covers W101 ( poetry) W102 ( Prose ) and W104 ( dramatic writing) so it requires three pieces of 1000 word equivalent weekly !

But it's a really great course and I've met loads of people in it. I'm looking forward to this it seems cool. Just let me know when your ready for me. Tuesdays are the best day for me to post and weekends if I'm not out.
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Non-Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:50 am

Why do I always miss when people come on!?

hi and welcome. those classes seem really interesting. ive only taken Story Structure in terms of writing.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Cana Alberona Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:55 am

Loyal Subject wrote:Why do I always miss when people come on!?

hi and welcome. those classes seem really interesting. ive only taken Story Structure in terms of writing.

Hi and thanks.
They are though poetry is very difficult and has over 40 different terms ...* shudders*. Writing structure, is that to do the form of writing or the narrative ( story=/plot). I think we cover some of that in writing essentials and Prose. By the way my settings have it so people can't tell if I'm on-line but since this seems like a small site I may change it to public.

You seem really adept at literary analysis from the character threads I glanced over. I hope my character doesn't end up disappointing you. hopefully not it would be really bad if I can't considering my area of study right.
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Non-Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Story Structure just teaches you how to write a script for a film. I've actually never taken a writing course other than that unless you want to count English in high school XD

I don't really get disappointed overall with any character in the RP. I mean, yes sometimes they do things that are disappointing but that's to be expected. And I'm sure I'll love your character especially since you have a lot of writing in your background :)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Cana Alberona Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:07 pm

I hope so , Rping is so different as you only control your character it can conflict with the control I'm used to.
Though hopefully I'll rise to the occasion after all Avatar is more about team work than glory hogging and being bad-ass. Is Bad ass OK to use on this forum? some don't like light cussing.

I'm finding it interesting how Cana will turn out as a villain in all fairness she's not a typical one. That's why I edited in a love of money greed is a good motive I thought.
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Non-Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:15 pm

Yeah, it's hard being in a story where you only control one piece of it. It's like how actors have to sometimes improv a story and work together that way.

And yeah, I think it will be interesting just in general to have another RPer as a villain and to see how this villain will turn out/be introduced.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Cana Alberona Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:21 pm

I'd like to shoved in like Ty-lee or Mei called upon to do something. It doesn't work well if i meet you beforehand , well it could but I think it would be better if I didn't build a bond or know you guys. That way I can function as a antagonist (which will probably be a better term than villain as my character herself is not a "bad" person).

I hate how actors and us playwrights have to improvise, my lecturer Lucy laughs how we keep putting in those extra stage directions. though my play was success I had to cut a character and that hurt.
We have to think before we write if we could afford X amount actors for a short play and if every character is essential to the story.
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Non-Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:35 pm

where your character comes in is probably going to be up to Lee since he knows what's happening with the story. I don't really know what's going to happen lol XD I can only speculate. But when you mentioned your character being an antagonist, my first impression was that your character would actually meet with other antagonists before meeting us.

my liking for improv depends on the situation. i dont mind it when im just one of the players but when im controlling the story I hate it lol
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Loyal Subject wrote:Why do I always miss when people come on!?
Muwahahaha!

I have some ideas and if you want to join any of our other existing RolePlays, feel free to do so!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:28 pm

i agree :p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:24 pm

School schedule is looking uglier everyday...unfortunately until this week is over I don't think anything big will be happening. I'm sorry, but I don't want to jeopardize my last semester.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:37 pm

thats okay. this week was kind of busy for me as well. but i should be clearing up in the next week or so :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:50 pm

Yeah things are starting to slow down this weekend, but right after they'll be picking right up again. That's normally how the month of October goes. I'll try to be more active here, but things are getting hectic.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:00 pm

^ October's always hectic for everyone I feel. It's just the law of nature :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Oh by the way, happy belated birthday, I think. I saw something on DA about it, but I hardly go to that place anymore.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:05 pm

thank you :) it was a very interesting birthday...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Come to think of it, I think we might have the same birthday, lol that would be funny.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:07 pm

i was going to ask you that because you said the same thing last year but i wasnt sure if that would sound creepy XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:12 pm

What's so creepy about that? If it's October 16th, then yes we do.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:15 pm

nope, one day off. im October 15th
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down