Korra to be delayed 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Korra to be delayed 2013

Post  Lee on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:19 am

I've been hearing a lot of different rumors about Korra being released in 2013 and not 2012 now. They even have an article for it on Avatar Wiki.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ol%C3%B3rin_The_White/%27Korra%27_postponed_until_2013%3F

Spoiler:
The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra has previously been slated for release in Fall 2011, but was later postponed until the middle of 2012, now, however, two separate sources[1][2] (in a span of a few days) have stated that Korra will be released in 2013. Fans have already begun speculating that it is a rumor or that it is a typo. However, the possibility grows increasingly unlikely as more sources report Legend of Korra is going to be out in 2013, not 2012 as previously reported.

EDIT: Several people have been saying in comments that this is likely due to time constraints, however, this is not the case:

"Except that the addition of the second season did not postpone the air date. I promise. There are other network factors that are playing the role of "delayer." It has nothing to do with the pick-up."

-~Staff member on the air date of LoK

ANOTHER EDIT: Dante Basco has said in his recent interview (which was filmed months ago) that the Legend of Korra finale has been filmed already. That means it has not been delayed to timing.

They really don't have an exact date for it now nor the reasons why. Thought I would just let you know, in case you haven't heard. I'm a little fine with that, because it gives us some more time to tweak the forums better before it airs (that way if we get guests they could be more likely to sign up then now)

On the other hand delaying it for two more years seems like a mistake. You'll lose all those eager fans. Sort of like the effect that the third season had on us way back in 2007 and then again in 2008.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nick has a hand in this somehow (because it was their fault the last two times)

The first time when we waited almost a year and then again in 2008 when they wouldn't show us anything and then every other freaking country got it before us. I mean what the hell? The one time we have an awesome cartoon/show created by us and we don't even get to see it first. The hell is wrong with that?

I hope that doesn't happen this time, because if it does I'll be pissed that Mike and Bryan went back to Nick.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18348

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Korra to be delayed 2013

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:14 am

yeah i heard about it. and i think it's stupid. this is why so many people had a problem with season 3: we had to wait for a long time, the hype was built up, and then people were disappointed because it didn't exceed expectations. this is the same problem Avatar (the blue people one) had: the hype was built, it took 10 years to make, and it was mediocre at best.

if they extend this to 2013, the same thing is going to happen: they'll make people wait this long and then everyone is going to be disappointed because it will never exceed expectations.

Nick is retarded if they continue with this plan. It's a stupid business move. And, if they give the show to other countries first and delay this until 2013 for the US, I honestly will not support them and watch it on television.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16979

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:36 pm

I'll still watch in on TV whatever they do, because half the times the clips uploaded are of crappy quality or are taken down before they even get started.

I don't mind the longer wait if it's for production purposes and whatnot. You might want them to dish it out faster, but I'd rather wait it out for something that seems complete rather than time constraint and lacking somewhere.

That always happens with games. They rush to meet deadlines and than throw out garbage because people eat it up anyway. Like Fall Out Vegas, that game was horrible with the glitches. And don't even get me started on the loading times...absolute crap.

Where was I going with this? I don't know. I will say that Season 3 met and exceeded my expectations. I really enjoyed it. I honestly don't know what you expected the first episode to be like or have...they only have less than an half hour of time to fill.

Throwing too much in there would had felt like it was hastily slapped on.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:11 pm

^ it's not due to production. i saw the interview Avatarwiki is talking about before they even had that as evidence. season 1 of Korra is done. they even said so at Comic Con. so it won't decrease production value at all. it's just Nick has to get their asses in gear.

i wasn't expecting so many 'fillers' from season 3. yes, i get they wanted to develop characters but honestly, you can do that while moving the story forward at the same time. you don't need episodes that solely dedicate to developing a character.

and again, it's the hype factor. we heard for years Mai and Ty Lee would be more developed but never did I imagine their development would mostly be shoved into one episode and rushed. the Beach was way too rushed in terms of character development. they could have easily stretched it out a bit. also, Combustion Man was supposed to be this huge badass but he was anti-climatic in my opinion. basically, i didnt really care for most of the beginning of season 3 with a few exceptions. i think they should have made the comics that were released into episodes and just not done half the filler they did instead. the only 'filler' i really enjoyed was Sokka's Master.

but that's just me.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:48 am

I feel a lot of the episodes were brilliant, the only two I didn't care for too much were The Painted Lady and The Southern Raiders. The first episode to me was awesome, it had action, a little character development, and just a tiny bit of everything.

Now we couldn't have everyone or everything crammed in one episode, like Azula, TyLee and so on, that would just be too much.

you don't need episodes that solely dedicate to developing a character.
I disagree, we always have them for Zuko but no one ever seems to complain. Sokka really needed one for himself...he needed one since Season 1 and I felt Jet just really didn't do that justice.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:16 am

^ no one complained because the only episode that was fully dedicated to Zuko was Zuko Alone and Zuko Alone developed the plot by introducing his mother. hence why so many people were like 'wtf' when the mother thing was never resolved. they did move the plot, they just never finished the plot point. the rest of the Zuko episodes pretty much moved the plot forward at the same time as developing his character.

Sokka's Master also moved the plot because we got more information on the Order of the White Lotus by knowing Sokka's Master was a member and that there were people who opposed the war in the Fire Nation.

so basically, those episodes did have other important information to give besides just character development. Painted Lady didn't have any of that other than being a repeat of the Imprisonment or whatever that episode was called. and as i said, the Beach was too rushed. instead of showing Mai and Zuko making out every five seconds, they could have put more developed stuff in those snip its. Ty Lee and Mai barely appeared until the Beach episode and then all of a sudden they were developed in one episode meanwhile everyone else had developed over the course of several episodes.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:18 am

Mai and Zuko didn't even make out in The Beach. At least not from what I remember. It was more of Zuko trying too hard and screwing up.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:21 am

^ i was talking about before the Beach. like, instead of showing them as a couple and isolating themselves from everyone else, they could have done something else to at least get the character development slowly starting until the Beach came along. this way, the Beach wouldn't have felt so rushed.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:26 am

The only time I remember is when they shared one kiss, before being interrupted by Azula up on some hilly mountain.

They did develop Mai's character slightly there. It's subtle stuff, which you have to pay close attention to.

Like when Azula tells her TyLee needs help (but she's really saying go away) Mai gives off a sharp glare when her back is to Azula.

Another time is when Aang and group head back to Omashu. When Azula gambles with her brother Tom-Tom, you can see the fear and indecisiveness in her eyes. She ultimately agrees with Azula because of her fear.

(In a way it's sort of like the subtle hints that I throw into the fan-fiction. Which you sometimes pass by.)
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:33 pm

im not saying that they shouldn't be subtle. i saw both of Mai's instances there. what im saying is, there's a way to develop characters so that their development feels natural. the reveals about Mai, Ty Lee, Azula, and Zuko were too rushed and were too out in the open. and it might not have felt this way had they had more development in prior episodes. because when I just watch the Beach, I feel like I'm watching an episode of Dr. Phil or something. and things have come out in the open like it did with them before for other characters but because we've had this slow build up for the other characters, it isn't as noticeable as it was for the Beach. at least, i didn't think so.

basically, i guess what im trying to say is the Beach was mostly telling rather than showing.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:12 pm

I actually liked The Beach. I guess that's because I found enough character growth of all the characters in the other episodes and series to not make The Beach seem like the only episode directed to them.

Like Mai and TyLee's betrayal (although way after The Beach) was pretty badass. It also shows a lot to, like Mai actually acknowledging that she feared Azula.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:40 pm

^ Mai and Ty Lee standing up to Azula was completely badass.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Speaking of the Boiling Rock, Sokka and Zuko's offensive and defensive patterns on Azula were just as equally badass. She was all smug thinking she could kick their ass and then they back her in a corner.

She was owned twice in the same episode.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:53 pm

because the Boiling Rock was a good episode by balancing everything out. it had action, romance, character development, plot development, comedy. those, to me, are the best episodes of the series. for the most part.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:12 pm

I wasn't talking about Boiling Rock as a whole, just the part where Azula was owned twice. I just liked that Sokka and Zuko stood their own against her and actually had her on the defensive. That's pretty unheard of for her.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:13 pm

either way, i agree.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down