The Heroes of Little Springs

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Heroes of Little Springs

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:49 am

"Yeah but--" Quiver began. But it was too late: Jet had supersped his way to whatever plan he had in mind. A puff of air escaped her lips. She then looked down at the two kids whose confidence had clearly wavered since the last encounter. Susan moved her foot around in the dirt. Tyler had his arms folded across his chest. They both looked at her.

Quiver scratched her head.

"So...uh...what do you think of the plan Tyler?" If she could, she would have slapped herself on the forehead after asking her question.

"I don't know, why do you keep asking me?" Tyler asked, frustrated. "I'm not a superhero."

"Tyler, Susan, listen--" Quiver started to say. But the problem was, she didn't really know what to say. She wasn't good at these kinds of things. They both looked at her, waiting for her to continue. "Uhh--"

Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16955

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:30 pm

As if one cue, Jet sped back towards Quiver and the two kids. A gust of wind may or may not had blown from where he halted, as his feet screeched across the cement flooring.

"Everything's ready to go!" He remarked with a grin, as if pleased with how his plan would go. Or at least how it should proceed, if it was up to his mind. "Now we just need to bait him." Jet whispered lowly, so that only Quiver could hear.

He made sure not to let anyone else in on the plan. It was perfectly clear that he also wanted Quiver to be the bait. Or at least do the baiting in some way. It wouldn't make sense for him to do it, since speed was the key to powering all the lights on in time. And he didn't really trust the kids enough. They would probably bicker, fight, become sidetracked, forget the plan through a short attention span, all of the above, or something he didn't mention and or think of.

Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18329

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:54 pm

"Right," Quiver said, in a response to both of Jet's comments. At first, she was willing to leave things as it were and to play the role of being bait, leaving Jet with whatever problems would continue with both Tyler and Susan. But the two were still looking at her, as if waiting for her answer that she had promised.

"Jet, as a superhero, you get scared sometimes, don't you?" Quiver asked. In case he didn't get the hint, Quiver gave him a look. And, if he still didn't get it, she was prepared to jab him discretely.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:04 pm

At first, Jet was confused by Quiver's question, action, and behavior. Then he noticed her stare, after he had shook his head, and shrugged. "Uh...oh! Oh...um. Uh...yeah!"

Immediately he placed himself in the situation, even if it was a bumpy start at first. "Yeah sometimes if I run too fast, I might get stuck in warp speed. Forever." He added the last word with much drama and emphasis.

"I'm going so fast, that everyone is completely still. They don't even go in slow motion, like those ninja movies." Jet explained, as he tried to set the scene. "So I'm all alone, trapped in a frozen world. No one to talk to...Nothing to do..."

He recalled, what he considered a reoccurring dream. At least ever since he found out he had superpowers.

"Oh uh...what were we talking about before?"

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:42 pm

"All alone?" Tyler repeated as he contemplated Jet's words. However, both Susan and Tyler looked at one another after Jet's last comment.

"Okay then, if you don't mind Jet, I'll take that flashlight if you still have it," Quiver said. She held out her hand. If Tyler and Susan wanted to continue talking, Jet would surely keep them company. And give them the confidence they needed. Hopefully.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Absentmindedly, Jet handed Quiver the flashlight. Not that it would matter if the freak show actually showed up. It wouldn't work and just constantly flickered, even if there were no power sources inside it.

"Well it never actually happened to me. I haven't went that fast either." Jet remarked to Tyler's question and both of their worries. "I also don't intend to. Sometimes you just have to be responsible and in control of your powers.

Because if you're not, then who is?"

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:26 pm

As Jet spoke to both Tyler and Susan, Quiver quietly slipped away from the group with the flashlight in hand. She made sure to make eye contact with Jet so at the very least he knew she was leaving and the plan would (hopefully) be set in motion.

"I would totally be in control if I had superpowers," Susan said rather confidently. "I just wish I had some." After all, the way she saw it, she could already do serious damage to the bullies at school so having superpowers would lead to an endless amount of possibilities.

Tyler remained silent to Jet's words. A part of him felt as though the superhero's words were directed towards him. But still, he pushed these ideas away and continued to deny the notion that maybe the Thin Man was only real because of him.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Jet told Tyler what he wanted to say and what the kid needed to hear. He however addressed Susan next. It was mostly due to her comment of wanting to use super powers to bully the bullies.That's what he assumed, since she was getting into fights a lot. Or at least, that was the case the few times he met her.

He was going to comment on how heroes don't pick fights, but he didn't want to be the stick in the mud. That was Quiver's job, after all. Instead he smiled and ruffled her hair. "Just because you don't have powers doesn't mean you can't be a super hero. Look at Quiver, for instance.

Not to mention, you have quite a strong arm."

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:49 am

Whether or not Susan was satisfied with the answer was unclear as the next thing she said was "Where's Quiver?"

It was then Tyler and Susan noticed the second hero's absence. They searched the darkness for her but she was nowhere to be seen.

Quiver could see Jet, Tyler, and Susan from where she was. She waited in the dark for Jet to finish his talk with the two and then take their positions within the building. At least, that's what she assumed was to happen to next. She didn't want to turn on the flashlight with Tyler and Susan able to see it in case they decided to run after her.

Because having a flashlight that went on the fritz whenever the Thin Man was around was a good detector for actually finding him. She hoped anyway.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:57 am

Jet wasn't entirely sure if Quiver had successfully slipped away to the predestined spot or was unfortunate enough to actually be claimed by this 'thin man' Whatever was the case, if she was kidnapped there wasn't much he could do now. He just had to hope she was in the spot and they could go on with this trap springing.

Or he would just have to think of something on the spot, if she was actually gone. He'd cross that bridge when he got to it. Instead he pretended to look around confusedly as well. "She was just here a moment ago..."

After finishing with an unsure tone, he shrugged to finish the touches. "Maybe she went over here for clues." Jet suggested as he walked towards the intended spot and hoped Tyler and Susan would follow.

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:30 am

Susan and Tyler stared skeptically at Jet. As he walked off to 'look for clues' Susan and Tyler both rolled their eyes to each other before following.

As they moved away from the light, Tyler and Susan walked increasingly slower as they tried to navigate through the dark.

Meanwhile, as soon as the three were far enough away, Quiver turned on the flashlight and began to walk in the opposite direction.

The night was quiet and eerie. Whether this was because there was a legitimate threat on the loose or because Quiver's imagination was running wild was unclear. But with each passing step, she felt her heart rate increasing. What if she wasn't able to make it back to the trap in time? What if this flashlight didn't give her a heads up?

What happens to people after they're captured by a urban legend?

Just then, the flashlight began to flicker. Quiver scanned the area, knowing she had very little time to find the Thin Man and then successfully lead it back. At least, the quicker she did it, the least likely she was to actually get herself captured. She only hoped they had reached their spot in time.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:22 pm

Whether or not that the children were convinced, Jet decided to continue with his charade. Sometimes he stopped walked, as he pretended to be scouting the area. It almost seemed like he was imitating one exploring the vast land of a jungle.

Oftentimes he would proceed forward to the location, as he crouched, as if to avoid being caught. Like a child attempting to sneak out or around the house or a criminal trying to slip away from a confused cop.

Eventually he made it to the spot, which took a lot longer then he anticipated. Getting kids to follow you anywhere was like pulling teeth, especially in the dark.

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Jet's antics went mostly unnoticed by Tyler and Susan mostly due to the fact that they were busy concentrating on trying to follow him successfully in the dark. For, the farther they moved away from their sanctuary under the street light, the darker it became.

"Now what?" Susan asked when Jet had finally stopped moving. Although it was dark, Tyler and Susan still had enough sense to realize they had entered a building, one that seemed predominately empty.

______

All Quiver needed was to see the white of the Thin Man's face before she was on the move. As she navigated towards the building, the white face appeared out of the corner of her eye. She tried to move faster and luckily she did have a flickering flashlight to help guide her way. It was better than nothing after all.

Quiver entered the building, her footsteps echoing.

______

"What was that?" Tyler asked as a noise filled the building.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:53 pm

"I don't know...I thought I saw Quiver over here." Jet scratched his hair, or rather his mask, which was between his hand and head. Suddenly the echoing of footsteps rattled across hallow plywood.

"What was what?" Jet asked, although he knew very well what it was. Footsteps, even in a dark and desolate construction building, were difficult to go unnoticed. "I don't hear anything, it must be your imagination."

It seemed Quiver was finally getting around to luring whatever there was into the trap. Hopefully there was more than a stray cat or some entranced insects curiously following her. He just hoped she could get to point A and B soon and without anymore inconveniences. They've had enough of those this grueling week to write a book about it.

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:22 pm

A dark figure appeared in the room as Quiver stepped in. In the darkness, she could vaguely see the lights in front of her, all in their proper place. She moved towards the spot and didn't dare look behind her or for any sign of Jet.

Behind her, the dark figure of the Thin Man with the white face followed. He was close, so close she might be grabbed at any second.

Tyler and Susan gripped onto one another's arms as they saw the Thin Man just feet away. Their once harsh whispers had dwindled to complete and utter silence as they placed their fate in the superheroes' hands. Both tried to hold their breath, afraid that even breathing would cause the Thin Man to see them.

Finally, the Thin Man stepped onto his mark.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:35 am

At first Jet was wondering whether or not this would actually work. He wasn't thinking if the lights would harm this entity, but the fact that it seemed to be taking forever for the thin man and Quiver to even get to the intended spot.

What if they Quiver somehow took the wrong path and forgot where the mark was? Or maybe the thin man wouldn't follow her entirely and wind up somewhere else. He just hoped she would step in the zone soon, so he could stop over-thinking this step by step trap.

Once both were in place, Jet was relieved to see that the thin man took the bait. Or at least he hoped so. At this point he didn't care, he was going to strike quickly while the iron was hot and the kids didn't have a chance to screw it up in anyway.

"Like I always say," Jet remarked loudly, as he held a bulky switch in his hand. "It's better to light a few 1000 watt lights, than to curse the darkness!"

All of the construction lights turned on immediately after he switched them all on via the breaker. They turned on one after the other, with a loud click, and basked the area Quiver and the thin man were in. The light continued to barrage from all sides and from the top, detailing the two figures, and the ground from the intense light.

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:14 pm

The lights came on, blaring all at once. Quiver maneuvered out of the way so that the lights wouldn't blind her or do any serious damage. She pointed her arrow in the direction of the Thin Man just in case the plan failed. Tyler and Susan covered their eyes due to the sudden change of brightness.

But the Thin Man appeared to dissipate with the introduction of the lights. He faded slowly until there was nothing but an empty circle of lights.

Tyler and Susan stared at the circle.

"Is--is he gone?" Susan asked. It may have seemed like an obvious question but Susan had secretly seen enough horror movies to know that you can't always trust what's presented plainly in front of you.

"But where'd he go?" Tyler asked.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:57 pm

At first it seemed like the thin man might've disintegrated from the powerful lights. Similar to how a vampire would react to the sun or technology that harvested the power of the sol. At least that's where Jet got his idea from, thanks to all those old cheesy classics he used to watch with a midnight snack.

But even those vampires acted out in agony or there was some hint that they were burning either through effects or turning into dust in the wind. Granted the budget wasn't always the greatest, it was clear what had happened to the antagonist.

So maybe the thin man wasn't harmed by the light after all like most creatures of the dark. They didn't seem phased in the slightest and just dissipated. But if that was the case why did they fade away into nothingness or not try to reappear somewhere else? The thin man wasn't near the kids or him and it surely wasn't pursuing Quiver anymore. It was nowhere in sight.

Then Susan and Tyler asked their questions, which brought his attention to them. Maybe Quiver was onto something. It wasn't until Tyler was blinded too much to do anything else that the thin man left. With his sight blocked, there was no sight or surrounding to see, nor imagination to bring about through such intensity.

"He went back into you." Why else would such intense light, rotten tomatoes, or powerful hurricanes not hinder them? If they were part of his subconscious. "He's not real. He's only real because you think he is."

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Tyler didn't say anything and it was difficult to tell exactly what he was thinking based on his expression alone.

"Tyler..." Susan said. "The Thin Man came out of your shadow before. When we were in the street." For once, Susan's voice was quiet as she said this.

"But--but if it really is me then how do I stop him from ever coming back?" There was a hint of fear in Tyler's voice as reality was starting to set in. "And how do we find Zach?"

"Well, if The Thin Man isn't real anymore then Zach and everyone else can't be taken anymore, right?" Quiver offered. It was the only answer Quiver had at the moment. How does someone retrieve a missing person from something that never existed in the first place? Let alone, where does something that doesn't exist put missing children anyway?

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:22 pm

"I hope you're not suggesting we get taken away by ol' suits and tie." Jet remarked to Quiver, as he folded his arms in disappointment. He made sure that the kids, especially Tyler weren't close enough to him when he made that remark.

The only other thing he could think of doing was getting Tyler over his fear of the thin man, but how would they go about doing that? Helping him beat the game finally? Cause if Tyler's score in the game indicated anything, he wasn't making much progress at all.

However, after playing so many rounds himself, Jet couldn't stomach the feeling of going through that excruciating ordeal again. There had to be another way around this. Maybe they could just knock him out.

Nah...

Could they?

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu May 01, 2014 9:39 pm

"What? No, I'm saying maybe now that Tyler realizes The Thin Man isn't real, the missing kids will return," Quiver replied after hearing Jet's statement. She then paused. "It made sense in my head anyway."

Quiver sighed as she knew her and Jet's discussion wasn't helping. She looked to Tyler.

"I can't begin to pinpoint what your powers are and how you control it. But luckily for you, there are other people in this world that can help you. We can find someone to help you Tyler."

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 am

OOC: Jet was mostly referring to getting taken away by the thin man to see if there is a dimension X or somewhere where they're being kept prisoners. And for the record, Jet really has nothing to say other then what he already said.

Jet really didn't care at this point whether the thin man was real or part of Tyler's imagination. He just wanted some progress to be made. Again this seemed like a total bust. They were no closer to solving this case then before.

If the thin man was real or not, or part of some kid's imagination, they still didn't finish the job. There were still kids missing. Where did they go? Inside Tyler's head where they were trapped in some void? Was the thin man keeping them locked away in some dank dark dimension?

What if the thin man took on a being of its own, even if it was manifested from Tyler's mind? Then what? Giving the kid a short talk about what they assumed it was didn't seem like it would work. Especially with someone as stubborn as a child. They'd have to overcome this crutch themselves, if this was even their doing. They couldn't have someone fighting their own battle and telling them what to do. That never worked in any situation.

And then there was Quiver's suggestion. What were they going to do? Offer him a shrink? As far as he knew, there weren't many people with their powers just standing around the corner.

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat May 10, 2014 10:43 pm

With uncertainty, the group left the confines of the construction building. After all, there was no need to be there anymore. All there was was the small hope that perhaps the missing children had appeared just as Quiver had suggested.

They did not. The streets were as quiet as ever.

It was only a matter of time before a series of flashing red and blue lights made its way to the front of the construction zone. Tyler and Susan were safely in the back of one of the police cars as an officer entertained them from the front.

Detective Hendricks stood a ways from the car with Quiver and Jet.

"Well, I expected things to be a mess the first time around. But at least we're hopefully on the right track now," he said as he glanced back towards the cop car.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun May 11, 2014 5:50 pm

"Just make sure they get home as early as possible." Jet commented, "We found them wandering the streets by themselves." He didn't want either the police or the parents, whenever the cops would deliver the news, to think that they were kidnapped or held against their will.

Things were problematic enough and they didn't need angry parents or picky cops also being added to the situation. So it was best that that little bit of information was out immediately before anything else.

Jet couldn't help but to think that they were running around in circles with this entire case, as they learned nothing and were only left with more questions. Yet, at the same time that's still progress, but not the kind that he was hoping for.

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed May 14, 2014 7:28 pm

"Of course," Hendricks replied. "And we'll be sure to look into some help for Tyler. Or, at the very least, getting to the bottom of where these missing kids might be."

"Let us know what you find," Quiver added.

"Will do."

He walked to his own black car, one that was old and rusted and had seen better years. One by one, the police vehicles vanished, leaving the two superheros alone.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum