Admin

Male Number of posts : 18333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Super Hero Name: Quiver

Name: Anaea Elwood

Powers: Communicate with nature. She doesn't necessarily talk to animals, trees, etc. but she has a better understanding of them than most people do. Think sort of like Pocahontas.

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkV-of_eN2w

I'm considering it a 'power' since it's intuitive rather than her having to learn it.

Other Skills: Archery. She can shoot regular arrows but she also has arrows that are equipped with unique powers:

Wind: wind arrows go faster than an average arrow. they 'ride the wind' so to speak.
Water: Arrows that are much sharper than an average arrow and send a chill when it hits its intended target (the arrows are covered with ice).
Fire: Arrows that are literally flaming.
Earth: Arrows covered in poisonous plants.

Personality: Anaea is very 'earthy'. She loves and respects all aspects of nature but understands the importance of the circle that binds everything together. She takes her 'occupation' very seriously and can seem cold and distant when 'working'. However, when she is herself, she can be a bit of a wild child. She's not afraid to try new things and enjoys exploring and wandering off. Anaea also dislikes wearing shoes and will go barefoot whenever possible.

Appearance: Anaea has fiery red hair and piercing green eyes. She's average height. This is sort of what she wears: http://davelandweb.com/dvd/images/losttreasure/TinkEvolution10.jpg only darker green. Her costume is a different color and slightly different style depending on the season.

History/Background: Anaea is a decedent of nymphs from her mother's side. It is her mother that taught her (and, in a way, passed down) the importance of nature and understanding the connections between all living things. Her father loves Erroll Flynn movies which was how Anaea became interested in archery (she knows a bit of fencing but this is merely a hobby and she mostly just does 'Flynning'). She lives on the outskirts of the city where she can be surrounded by greenery. Anaea became a superhero because she hopes that through her example, more people will begin to understand the connection that is being lost between man and nature.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16959

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Wow awesome bio, great job. As for our superheroes. Would you rather have them already a team or unite during a certain circumstance, which would be the first villain that enters the city?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:28 pm

I think they should unite under circumstances.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Alright, yeah that's what I was thinking. I actually had a good idea for a villain, but it might take me some more time to think up the plot. You might want to assume where you character would be during the beginning, plot regarding or not.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:58 pm

what season is it in the RP?
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:02 pm

Spring I suppose. Not yet Summer.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:41 am

im confused: so Jet and Anaea are now watching the television through someone's window or something?
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Basically they are in an alleyway, but there's a window. The guy watching it has the television positioned so it can be seen out of the window as well.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cana Alberona on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Name: Mirajane

Visual Age: 19

Powers:
Enhanced Endurance: Despite being out of battle for over two years, Mirajane is very resilient.

Enhanced Durability: Mirajane has shown herself to be a durable combatant. She fairs better against alien and supernateral attacks than she does technology however.

Enhanced Strength: even her younger years, Mirajane was shown capable of breaking a large table in two with a simple downward movement of her hand placed vertically, even without the aid of Satan Soul her demon form. In demon form she is able to attack with enough power to throw cars like baseballs.

Immense Magic Power: As a half demon she can use magic but this skill is not unlocked and comes in the form of physic power when under stress. ( Such as telekinesis when scared , pyrokinesis when angry etc)

Other Skills: Is a former police woman and is good at cooking.

Personality:

caring and sweet she is normally well liked. Mirajane is very protective of people and often uses her powers too drastically. Unlike most demons she has no ill intent towards humans and strives for peace between them. She has very low self esteem and often takes the back seat in most situations unless advice is needed , in which case she is very forward and motherly.

Appearance:

Demon Form

History/Background

TBC ( probally monday)

Cana Alberona
Non-Bender

Female Number of posts : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:05 am

TBC ( probally monday)
What does TBC mean?

Your hero seems a little overpowered if you ask me. I know in the Justice League SuperMan was like the Haus of the group, but he pretty much did everything. In an RolePlay with other members contributing that's not as good. I don't want to sound rude, but it would be like hogging most of the fights.

As for her demon and human form, it sounds like something that would be good for Halloween, but unfortunately we're already too far into one villain arc and probably won't be finished in one day lol.

So just a few things I suggest (or that you should tweak)

1. It would be understandable if she maintained her human form (if she is or was part of the police force) Meaning that the city of Little Springs doesn't know about her demon identity. That is not something people would come to accept, especially in a criminal ridden place.

Maybe there's even a downside to this demon form, like she can't control it. Which is bad for everyone.

2. She can be resilient, but only so much. If each enemy keeps pounding her and she isn't taking any damage, then that won't fly. Sorry there's just a few things I want to make clear with my RolePlay.

Take my character Jet for instance. He is fast, so he can avoid bullets easily. If one actually hit him, he's only human so it would hurt. It wouldn't hurt your character as much, but if you expect her to be able to come out of explosions unscathed, then I suggest reworking this.

3. Her extra form makes her even more strong, but where's the downfall? Does it only work for so long and almost kill her in the process because it drains on her power? This is the sort of stuff we need, otherwise you're a one man army.

4. I don't know about the magic thing...you seem to have enough powers as it is. I'll have LS read over and see what she says. Until then your character is temporary reviewed.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:11 pm

TBC= To be continued.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:22 pm

Oh well if that means you want to add more, don't add anything else to your skills department. Your character has too many as is, and probably too much.

I was hoping to get your feedback on the character's creation though LS.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:36 pm

I think we should wait for explanations. The way I'm reading it, it seems like she can't really control her powers. For instance, her magical abilities are locked and she can't control them. When she's under stress, she can be very dangerous to anyone around her, good or bad. And since she doesn't have a lot confidence, it seems like she doesn't use her powers as often as she could be because she's afraid of losing control.

but that's just what im getting from reading it.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:57 pm

But still our characters have limited powers in themselves. Yours can only use a bow with three different types of arrows and my dude just runs really fast.

I just don't want someone joining the mix who is as tougher or tougher then Superman. Sure most SuperHero shows/comics have that type in it, but when it's an collaborated work, it's not too fair to everyone around. Do you catch what I'm saying?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:04 pm

Yeah I do. That's why I'm saying we should wait for an explanation. Because her character wouldn't really be all that powerful if she can't control her powers and her powers are dangerous. It depends on how dangerous she is and how much she can control them. It's not that clear in the description.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:10 pm

From what I gathered, there was no uncontrollable powers in the mix. I honestly think if she wants to have that uncontrollable power thing, it should come with her transformation.

That way her super demon strength comes with a downfall and to just get rid of the magic.

Because with all her untampered powers it is super strength, transformation to greater strength, super defense, and then magic. Not to mention that it looks like she can fly in the pictures (which I don't know if that's what she wants or not)

So that's a little too much.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:59 pm

^ different interpretations then. hence why we need a better explanation :)
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:25 pm

Yeah we would need some more information to go by (meaning to explain parts more) But also getting rid of at least one enhanced power, because your character is a tad too powerful.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Im still trying to think of something just so you know.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Right, it's cool. You do know that just because she can't use her legs to break free, she can use her legs as other means. Seriously maybe you should pop in a super hero movie/toon or watch some online. It may just give you that idea you need.

Because she isn't super powerful maybe also watch some shows/toons with heroes without powers like Batman or Green Arrow.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:00 pm

right, i should come up with something today. i just got really busy all of a sudden so i didnt really have time to think about it.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Okay, I got something.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down