Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Currently Thinking

3 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 3 Empty Re: What Are You Currently Thinking

Post  Lee Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:58 pm

What do you plan to do with your laptop then? More then likely, you'll lose your connection.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 3 Empty Re: What Are You Currently Thinking

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:10 pm

oh yeah...i didnt think of that lol XD

well if i lose the electric, i'll probably work on the Disney project. i dont need the internet for that.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:14 pm

You'll get about four hours, so use them wisely.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:16 pm

im probably going to start it today so i dont have so much to do tomorrow and sunday when i'll have no power (assuming i dont get power i dont know what will happen).
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Well that's good. Just always assume the worst that can happen, that way either way you're ahead of the game.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:05 pm

^ exactly. even if i don't finish it this weekend, i still have plenty of time to do it. my biggest worry is the video i want us to do.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:14 pm

What will the movie be about? A promotional trailer?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:16 pm

yeah, i was thinking like a trailer. that and we only get 10 slides to work with so if there's something that's going to take up too many of the slides to explain, we can explain it in the video.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Sounds great and interesting! Is this the project that you're not allowed to show anything about? Even after you're finished?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:44 pm

oh im showing stuff after it's all done and i know we didn't win. i just didn't want to post anything and go into too much detail because i want to keep the idea as secretive as possible until the contest is over. i feel like every time i enter a contest where i can actually see the winners and i release my idea/entry early, a whole bunch of people either copy/do something similar or clearly looked at my project and came up with something that they knew was better.

not saying that you would do that but guests are allowed to come on this site so i want to keep the details to a bear minimum. after the contest is over, im pretty sure there's no problem showing work. i didn't see any rule that said you couldn't do that.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:46 pm

Well after it's over, I would really like to see what you've been working on! I'm sure it's great!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:56 pm

yeah, i'll show what i personally did. though most of what ive been doing so far is leading the group with the development of the project. but as i said, i drew a pretty badass Oswald that's so going on dA when this is over :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Well hey leadership and organization is a must. Don't sell yourself short LS.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:03 pm

i meant so i wouldn't have much to show you because ive been leading :p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:06 pm

It's a group project. It's all of your project, so you've all contributed to make it what it is. It's not a I did this much and this guy did this much or whatever. If you want to get technical sure, but I don't see it that way.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:23 pm

for this project they want you to be technical with who did what because you're not just judged as a group but also as an individual. like, even if you're team doesn't win, you can be rewarded because of your individual work.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:27 pm

Well still, look at it as a group accomplishment as well. Whether you win or not.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:51 pm

^ oh of course. i just don't necessarily want to put up the other group mate's work unless they let me. and i dont know if they will.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Oh I see. I really don't see the point in not sponsoring your own work. (After the contest is over I mean)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:30 pm

the only time when i dont sponsor something that's mine after a contest is if the contest rules forbid it. sometimes they have written you can't share this on the internet even if you've lost. which is stupid but whatever.

Oh, and i thought id mention this since i was talking about the Little Mermaid before. i had to go through some old VHSs today and guess what i found? my 5th birthday party where Ariel came :D

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Technically it's created by you, so they should have no say. Sounds cool about your B-day!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:59 pm

^ they shouldn't but some do anyway.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:05 pm

I know that a lot of schools claim they own your work, which you do in school.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:10 pm

i dont think my school does that. if they do, they never told us this or had us sign anything (which i would think they would have to do)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:14 pm

We never signed anything either, but our professors told us. My old community college mascot was created by a contest. Several people sent in different designs.

The result that there was no winner (probably) and the college created a Frankenstein mascot animal out of all the different sketches. Or so I've been told, but whenever people mentioned it within the school, they kept quiet. Like someone would be watching them.

But yes, it probably applies to every school. They just don't tell you, like my old school, and then sucker punch everyone when they steal designs to make their own copy using the "Hey your art is our art" thing.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum