What Are You Currently Thinking

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Are You Currently Thinking

Post  Lee on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:51 pm

So will Ryuzaki be interrupted by a boomerang to the face?

Also of course Ariel and Rapunzel will be similar with similar scenes. They're made by Disney. And of course Ai will have traits from all of them, because you're a huge Disney fan.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18361

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:22 pm

^ yeah but I've never really noticed Disney 'recycle' scenes like that. yes, stories have similar plots and character types but they usually manage to make it different enough from one another and just throw 'easter egg' references to their other movies.

and it's just weird because when we made the RP, I wasn't a huge Ariel fan. I was a fan of Belle. and Rapunzel wasn't around then.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16993

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:50 am

Well I'll take your word for it, as I don't really watch a lot of Disney movies. I just figured it was something to point out, as they were created by the same company.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:10 am

yeah, i mean, Enchanted doesn't even have that close of a scene similarity and that movie is supposed to be referencing a Disney Princess movie in every scene XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:12 am

But that movie wasn't made by Disney, was it?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:40 am

yes it was :) i mean, they have it down to shots are mirrors of previous Disney films. granted, they do that sometimes in the animated movies but that's mostly if they don't have time to redraw certain scenes so they just trace over a previous shot they used XD. they did this with Beauty and the Beast at the end: it's actually Aurora and Phillip dancing. and Lotti dancing with Naveen is also Aurora and Phillip dancing.

and now, i am thinking that my boss is a pain in the ass. really, this entire 'crisis' could have been avoided and they're making it more difficult than it needs to be.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:44 am

You keep mentioning this crisis, but I have no idea what you mean. I know it was work related, but if you want to, you can elaborate/tell me about it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:02 pm

They wanted a condo for the weekend by the beach (Labor Day weekend). So they got a place and then they were having problems filing the paperwork. they said they couldn't have time to do the paperwork and kept asking me to tell the realtor they'd bring it with them today (crisis started yesterday)

Realtor said you can't do that because they need to do a background check beforehand.

So first, they made me negotiate with the realtor and she finally agreed to do the background check after. Then they email me saying 'oh well we're just going to do the paperwork tonight/tomorrow morning' wtf? but i was like, okay whatever they're doing the paperwork.

then they kept asking me to ask the realtor if the place had an ocean view. umm, why didn't you ask this BEFORE you agreed to go see the place and before you decided you wanted it. so i told them that it didn't. then they kept asking me to ask for a place that had an ocean view. but the realtor only had one place. they're lucky they even got this one place on such short notice, there isn't any other option. so then they say okay.

now i get an email this morning saying that the paperwork is too extensive and they'll come down to look at the place for next year. but they're bringing the money with them that would be used for the weekend. and they want me to tell this to the realtor. first of all, the realtor's probably pissed at this point and second, YOU'RE GOING THERE TODAY. why don't you just tell the realtor that when you get there if you plan on going anyway? it makes NO SENSE. you're causing aggravation for no reason and, to be honest, i wouldn't be surprised if the realtor was like 'screw these people' and then didn't offer them anything for this weekend or next year.

and again, my mom complains that i have no conception of reality or the real world but im not stupid enough to do what these people are doing.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:06 pm

You'll run into a lot of people like them. They're not dumb, they just don't care. They have their head up their ass and don't care what inconveniences they may bring to others.

While this is the real world, like your mom said, I'm not that much of a ass where I would inconvenience others with my own problems, unless there's no other way around it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:18 pm

^ yeah neither am i. not only would i not want to inconvenience others, id also be making things more complicated for everyone (including myself) than it needs to be.

and id still call them stupid because in the end, they're just putting more stress on themselves because they're dragging this issue out longer than it needs to be. the whole point of my being an assistant is to relieve the stress so they can work on their project, not make the stress worse :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:39 pm

I don't want to come off as rude, but it sounds more like a secretary job and less like an assistant producer job.

In the long run, I don't know if you would want to put this in your resume, for a variety of reasons.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:43 pm

production assistant is just a fancy way of saying a secretary :p you're essentially doing the menial tasks of production. so yeah, you'd add that on your resume.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:33 pm

Oh well when I heard assistant, I was more under the impression of being involved more into whatever project it was.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:16 pm

^ yeah no you'd think that's what it would be but it's not. im also supposed to be doing dramaturg work.

to be honest, i hope im doing mostly dramaturg work. the crisis ended with him emailing the realtor at the last minute saying he wasn't going @_@.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Wow haha...I'm sorry.

This coding thing is such a pain, LS can you tell me if the similar topics section (at the bottom of the threads) is beveled?

I just felt the edged boxy look was too ugly. So I'm coding all of the background to be curved. Do you like it?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:39 pm

yes it is. and so are all the others.

when i got to the 'post a reply' though, the boxes return to just being boxes.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:42 pm

Not everything is fixed, I'm working with it. I basically need to know what everything is named, code wise.

Like the posts will be .post, for their codename, but everything else is different. So I'm basically typing in random things to see if it works, like .border, .forum. template and so on.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:45 pm

I got it! Score one for me!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:45 pm

yeah no, i get it. i just wanted to be as specific as possible in case you wanted to know that too :)
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:47 pm

How's it look?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:50 pm

i like it :)
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:59 pm

So how was your little trip?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:40 pm

it was okay. the worst part of it all was we had to prepare for the storm when we came back.

speaking of which, i don't know if i will be on this weekend. the hurricane is supposedly coming right towards me so i dont know if i'll have electricity for those two days. im going to charge my laptop fully tonight so i can hopefully come on sporadically.

of course, One Piece came in today and now i dont know if i'll even be able to watch it yet :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:42 pm

One Piece is worth it, come hell or high water :P

Yeah it's going to hit all of east coast. If power does go down, I'll have my laptop. Though I don't know what I'd really use it for...maybe for watching a movie.

Mine only has like 4 or so hours of life fully charged.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:55 pm

^ yeah so does mine.

i dont like watching movies on my laptop for some reason.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum