Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gullibility As A Kid?

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gullibility As A Kid? Empty Gullibility As A Kid?

Post  Lee Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:35 am

Normally I'm not one to really look into the past, so often when I remember things I surprise myself that that even happened.

I don't know how a certain memory just popped into my mind, but I have a new job. I'm not sure if I mentioned that, but yup. I have two jobs though, I'm sure I told you how I help on a farm. I also have another job, which isn't the construction one because of that serious illness I fell down with during last Summer. I could hardly breath before I had to quit that job the same day, so I knew it was time for change.

Anyway with this new job, it can get pretty boring, although I have plenty to do to keep me busy. It's just tedious, so often I'm alone working and have a lot of time to think about stuff.

One thing I thought of or remembered was how gullible I could be when I was a young kid. Hell half the stuff I believed that people told me was just ridiculous. So I figured why not share some of my gullible beliefs and stuff as a kid and we could all exchange them for a good laugh.

I'll see where this goes from here, so I'll only list one for now. I never cared much for soup when I was a kid, I still don't, but I eat it. I ate a lot of things as a kid, but soup and pea soup particularly just wasn't one of them. To get me to eat my pea soup, my parents would tell me that it was Ninja Turtle Soup.

They told me that all the ninja turtles were blended in there and that's what flavored it. Honestly I don't know why that made me want to eat it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Gullibility As A Kid? Empty Re: Gullibility As A Kid?

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:02 pm

My friend in high school almost convinced me Goofy wasn't Goofy's real name. and, even though I'm a huge Disney fan, the way she was speaking, it was so convincing I thought for a moment she was right. it's a moment I'm not very proud of =p

This one time my parents told me our pet ducks 'flew away'.

I can't really think of anything completely ridiculous at the moment other than my sister saying everytime a plane went by "Airplane Mickey Mouse" and my dad told her to go get her things and were going to Disney. and she'd go and get them everytime.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:23 am

I was more or less asking for your share of gullibility, not someone else. But they were all nice and funny. I'm pretty sure you've been fooled as a kid more then with the Goofy thing though. I mean a lot of the times you come on the forum Zfish and I always happened to make you believe certain stuff, to which you would damn us.

Normally it had to do with the RP, but still lol :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:35 am

oh im sure ive been fooled many times because im so gullible. i just cant think of any at the moment.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:51 am

Really? Man, I'd thought you would be all over this place. Anyway I got another. This was when I was really young. My sister's wanted to be mean and evil when I was just old enough to understand stuff when people talked.

So they told me that if you get caught near a flushing toilet, it might suck you down because of its force...yup.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:48 pm

someone told me the shark at Universal Studios actually eats people as well as the dinosaur on the Jurassic Park ride. they said if you got eaten, you had to hide in the machine until the ride was over and then they let you out. But I don't remember if I believed them or not...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:28 pm

That reminds me of that one scene in the beginning of Back to the Future 2.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:38 pm

^ you mean when he says the shark still looks fake and the 3D shark jumps out of the billboard or something?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Right, that's the one.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Okay, I REMEMBER ONE!

When I was little, I found out Walt Disney was dead and my parents told me that he was frozen so there was a chance of him coming back one day.

Then, in high school, freshmen year, my teacher told us the truth, that it was an urban legend. I felt a part of my soul die that day XD.

I don't know if that fully counts because they actually believed that was fact when they told me. And, when I told my mom recently that I found out it was an urban legend, she was like 'WHAT REALLY? o_O'

Oh crap, there was another one that I just thought of...but I totally forgot it.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:35 pm

That's just creepy. I think that the Simpsons did a spoof on that for one episode lol...Walt ended up turning out like Hitler or something. They could only save his head, so they stuck it on some machine, which ended up terrorizing everyone.

Kinda funny that you believed it for a long time.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Because I wanted to meet him as a kid so I believed he could really come back some day XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:19 pm

I remembered one of the gullible moments as a kid, which is what sparked this idea of the thread. Don't know why I didn't remember it sooner, but here it is!

You know that Florida Orange company who makes orange juice? They have those commercials where it shows a bunch of farmers working out in a area full of orange trees and vineyards. In the commercial they would sometimes have the farmers holding a carton of juice and shove it into the bushes of the vineyard. Immediately there hand would pop out into a grocery store freezer, where they would stock their juices.

Well when I was a really really young kid, I always peeked into those opened coolers, thinking that I would be able to see out into an open farm land.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:07 pm

oh wait, we're counting stuff that we got from television and that we made up? i thought we were only talking about when parents or peers said something and we believed it.

well, in THAT case:

-I used to think Peter Pan really existed and I convinced myself that I flew once for a whole 10 seconds before coming to the ground. I also had some glitter that I was convinced was pixie dust. He never showed up at my window though =/

-I had a wardrobe and one time I climbed to the back of it to see if I could get to Narnia. But it didn't work...and I was very strongly against getting rid of the wardrobe because I was convinced ONE day I would get to Narnia. But we got rid of it...

-One time there was a thunderstorm and as I woke up I saw a streak of lightening and felt as though I had been shocked. I was convinced that aliens had something to do with this odd occurrence and that they possibly had tried to abduct me.

-I waited for the mail everyday hoping to get my letter from Hogwarts. It never happened though.

that's all I can think of for now....and yes, and you can probably guess, I wasn't extremely young with these things. I think I was around 10 ish the latest.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:58 pm

well, recently, i had the random inkling to ask my friend if she believed in the theory of evolution because i was curious.

then i started thinking and i realized that in school, i always believed in the theory of evolution without question. but then i also remember believing in Adam and Eve because in high school one of my teachers said the Bible had metaphorical stories and that Adam and Eve didn't physically happen and i was like 'really!? O-o'

so....somehow i managed to believe that both the theory of evolution and Adam and Eve happened without contradicting one another....

psssssssh i was an idiot. XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:35 am

oh wait, we're counting stuff that we got from television and that we made up? i thought we were only talking about when parents or peers said something and we believed it.
Gullibility comes in all forms doesn't it? Now this is what I meant! lol at flying. What happened, did you jump and think you flew?

Those are all really good and funny...though about Harry Potter, you told me you didn't start reading until you saw the first movie right? That wasn't that long ago, I think.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 am

I did fly for a whole 10 seconds =p

HP one came out in 2001 so I was 11.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:35 pm

You were using some strong pixie dust :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Actually, it was glitter.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Talking about this reminded me about my cousin and pine cones. I know this is about us, but I found this just too funny. When we were younger he would freak out about pine cones.

He would scream and shout if one was in front of him or fell from above. Apparently he thought pine cones were grenades and always thought the entire forest was going to blow when he was in it.

So of course, I just had to chuck some at him :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm

^ lmao

i dont sound so crazy anymore.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:08 am

Well he was really young, like three or something. I just remember cause I was around seven.

I don't know, waiting for a delivery from Hogwarts at 11 is pretty funny still.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:23 am

i know. but it made sense because that's when you're supposed to get your letter! XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Not that I would know much about the story. I can just picture you sitting idly by your mailbox.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:16 pm

i didn't sit by the mailbox lol. i just asked if i got a letter everyday.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum