Early suggestions

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Early suggestions

Post  Lee on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:48 pm

We can easily make a new banner, which has Avatar and One Piece in it, or whatever else we would then sponsor.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18365

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 pm

that works too :D
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:02 pm

okay, wont be on today cause its kind of hailing right now....

anyway, so, this thought just popped into my head: this idea of One Piece, is it kind of like that Pirates of the Caribbean game where you have fleets of ships or whatever and control them and go on different quests and stuff? just curious.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Well...not exactly. I don't know this game, but it kind of sounds limited and restricted with what was done. If that is the case, no.

The idea is that no one is part of a pirate crew at the time when this is started. The marines are a different story, but I also didn't want someone being like really high in rank.

So anyway the first island, which I would control and do the plot for just to set the story, environment, and scene wouldn't thrust everyone into a crazy frenzy right at the get go.

Your character could be the pillage type of pirate or the more honorable type like the Straw Hats. You could also be a marine of any kind ranging from strict and harsh to mellow and meek.

People who are pirates, the term is really loose in One Piece though, wouldn't all be like "Hey let's join up, k?"

That would be up to them to decide after interactions and stuff during that island or another, depending on how the story goes. Does this make sense so far?

So no there wouldn't be no huge ass fleet to command. You would control one character of your choice and if you're controlling the island you would also control the important baddies/others of that islands plot, does that make sense?

There would always be something serious or interesting about each island. Say like for one island one of the crews ships gets marooned. Well they got to find a way out, and maybe just maybe something else lurks in the creepy hot humid jungle they wrecked onto.

I already said it, but the pirate crews aren't all together, in fact they could turn into rivals or something. So my guy and your guy/girl might band together to start off what is a pirate crew and someone else might get three followers and go on separate paths. They don't have to go to the same island. Although enough people would stick together for the island and plots to be meaningful and not a waste because only one or two people are rping.

In the beginning we might just have it where everyone sticks to the same island, just so nothing goes wrong, until enough people come around.

Sound good?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:16 pm

awww man. yeah i get it lol.

can we have more than one character on a different quest thing?

oh and just so you know, this idea has sparked an entire page of doodles which i will be posting eventually =p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:19 pm

What, you don't like the idea? I guess you can make more than one person, but try to keep them separated in the story most of the time. RPing by yourself is just meh.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:55 pm

^ i was kidding lol. although, i did have an idea but it would probably have to be one of the quest things...

and yeah, i get the RPing by yourself thing is boring. I meant, having more than one character (like maybe 2) but there would be other characters around the situation.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:01 am

Well this is the brainstorming part, just shoot your idea out.

If we can get more people interested or actually to come and register, we'll go through with this plan. If you know any friends online or where you live that might like this idea, let them know. That is if you feel comfortable with that.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:59 am

Yeah...I dont know anyone that likes One Piece or that would be committed to doing it.

I was thinking of a Pirate Ship with Gypsies. that was just the basic idea.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Sadly that's the problem with a lot of things today. No one is committed enough to anything. It's like if it takes a little work, everyone is out and only a few are left. It's a little upsetting actually. I've read up on a lot of different history, and it's pretty surprising how not lazy and ambitious most were back then compared to now.

That's why if we want members we got to think of different ways to lure them in, which will take a lot of work and teeth pulling. I mean you've done a few group projects and I'm sure that you had to pull everyone if not most people's teeth just for them to do some insignificant thing. People are just lazy, it doesn't really go deeper than that.

I was thinking of a Pirate Ship with Gypsies. that was just the basic idea.
You mean for one of the island/different adventures? Sure if you want to, you can work and flesh out that part for your controlled adventure.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:01 pm

^ oh yeah, there's been a lot of teeth pulling with group projects. <_<

and yeah, i was thinking that as one of the island/adventure things.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Alright, well write it down or keep it in mind, for when this project gets running.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Ok! I created a few more subcategories in the General section, just so things are more organized. Now you don't have to search through to find a certain thread, just remember what it was based off of.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:56 pm

i noticed :)
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:16 pm

I know it might take some time getting used to for you, but it keeps the place a little more organized.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:56 pm

While I'm not really all that into FaceBook, it came to my attention that creating a facebook account/club for our forum and story might draw in those forum members/guests that we've been trying to gain.

I was wondering what your thought on that was. It's one of the better social networks or more popular, so we would be able to possibly get more views and views means guests.

We gotta start somewhere. We're basically so far below the Google search engine it's not funny. Even BS dead site is searched before ours and so is that one time website that Zfish made before we decided not to use it.

I wish he was still here, only if so that we could ask him to take that down to...would make things a lot easier.

Plus I haven't received any word from the forum support group about what they're going to do about our situation. They said they forwarded a PM to the GodFather (the big staff support man there) but I don't think he even bothered to look into the matter.

Because some other support threads which were created way after mine got him to post into it. I hate when problems seem like you're pulling someone's teeth...ugh.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:48 pm

i dont know enough about Facebook to know whether or not that's a good idea to be honest. it's like a whole other world to me.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:15 pm

A lot of forums I used to frequent and some I still do have made facebook accounts for the forum. I think of all the places, it might actually be one of the more popular sites where it would be looked at more. Hell it's not like I'd lose anything by trying it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:18 pm

then id say go for it ^^
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:20 pm

We don't have much to lose by doing it. I'll put it on my to-do list document, while I tackle other projects.

Yes I have a document for all my project ideas, so I don't forget any.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:22 pm

that's a good idea...i should do that XD
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:39 pm

I normally do that for the FF to. Normally the notes can't be put into the chapter at hand, but I keep a note down for when I get to that certain part of chapter where it is best needed. Then I delete it after I finished revealing whatever it was. That way I never forget and am a step ahead. I started doing that half way around this time of the FF edits.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:59 pm

I usually write notes down in a notebook that I carry. But sometimes the notes are so ambiguous, i don't remember what i originally intended =p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:08 am

I make sure to type out explicit notes, that way I always know what I meant.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:38 am

yeah i dont always do that. =p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down