Rant Thread

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rant Thread

Post  Lee on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Unless your swapping schedules discreetly, I think you're more like a secretary :P
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18361

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:54 pm

We are swapping our schedules in dark alleyways wearing dark sweaters with hoods on them actually.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16993

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:05 pm

Sure you are, and I'm as sweet as sugar.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Is that your new catchphrase?
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:42 pm

Wow can you believe it has been since July since I made a rant comment? God, give me a medal or something.

I think I should get another medal cause this is a rant about myself and my stupidity instead of me venting on someone else.

I CAN'T GET OVER THE FACT I **** MISSED CLOPIN!

One of the things I made sure to pack was my Hunchback of Notre Dame book that my babysitter got for me as a kid where I helped Clopin save a puppet show so that I could meet Clopin and have him sign it. Because as a kid, I'm not going to lie Hunchback was one of my least favorite Disney movies. So when I got that book and everyone else was getting like Pocahontas and the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, I'm not gonna lie, I didn't really appreciate the one I had.

But then something happened and I got obsessed with this damn movie pretty recently. And especially Clopin. Cause like ****, this movie is really dark for a Disney movie considering the villain is willing to tear down all of Paris cause he has the hots for the main female character. And well, my babysitter passed away a really long time ago and this is the only gift I have left that she gave me. So I wanted to take it to Disneyland, show it to Clopin, and get him to sign it as I dont know a sign of closure or something since like I said I never really appreciated this gift in the first place. I had already planned to do the whole 'we've met before. when i was six i helped save your puppet show and i have a book to prove it' thing.

Like, when my classmate went ahead of me to California, I asked her IS CLOPIN AT THE PARK. And she said no. But I was still hoping he'd show up at one point. And when long lost friends week had happened and I realized I had missed it, the first thing I asked was 'DID ANYONE SEE CLOPIN? WAS HE THERE?' turns out he wasn't. And, thinking he was never there, I brought the book to the Chamber of Commerce and they got Clopin to sign it.

AND THEN LIKE AN ASSHOLE I REALIZE HE WAS **** THERE WHILE WATCHING THE LONG LOST FRIENDS VIDEO ON YOUTUBE SON OF A BITCH

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't care that Clopin looks stupid in the mask Disney made for him, I don't care that I'm pretty sure Clopin is friends with the Mad Hatter after seeing the video. I STILL MISSED CLOPIN AND NOW ITS GOING TO HAUNT ME FOREVER.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:25 am

It's not surprising your last rant was in July. After all you were busy at Disney :P
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:27 am

BUSY MISSING CLOPIN YEAH!

@_@
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:38 am

You should just get someone to dress up as them and then sign your book.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:05 pm

T_________T

No.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:50 pm

Isn't that what they do at Disney anyway?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:51 pm

No.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:22 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's how it was when I went to the one in Florida. Maybe I just met some really bad mascots during my visit.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:03 am

Disney doesn't have mascots, they have characters. And there's only one of each.

Stop ruining the magic :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:23 am

I was going to type actors, but I thought I'd see what you would say about mascots.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 am

It's neither.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:12 am

I know, I won't ruin the magic. You remind me of Sanji when he meets his first mermaid :P
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:34 pm

I only take this seriously because I found out while at Disneyland that some people may or may not have lost their jobs because fans of Disney took things too far.

I don't want to be one of those people.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Interesting...does that mean they ruined someone's Disney childhood or 'gone too far' = vandalism?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:36 pm

PMed you.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:16 pm

So, I had something else written here but then I got over it kind of. So instead, I thought I'd share a rant that has been seeping into my brain every so often (mostly because it was recently Valentine's Day) and I figured I'd share it instead. Besides, this rant is way more interesting and humorous in my opinion.

Well, in case you don't remember, while I was away at Disney, I made a post on the Korra forum something to the effect 'can I just have a boyfriend already?' to which a comment was made that basically said there's a lot of them off on the streets, just pick one.

WELL as it turns out, not long after that comment was made, my prayers were in a sick and twisted way answered. Except they weren't really.

What basically transpired was I was working one day and I went to this place called The View (no, we don't sit at a table with ladies talking about hot topics) where we sell our pictures. I was only there for legit five minutes. And so I was just talking to some people, getting to know them cause I was new etc. Whatever, no big deal. I go home and this guy sends me a facebook request. It took me a good few minutes to figure out who it was but then I was like 'oh yeah, he was at the View today'. I was like, oh that's so nice (cause other co-workers have sent me friend requests) and I accepted it.

A few days later or something, he starts messaging me. Basically, he asked me out on a date at one of the fanciest restaurants in the park and offered to pay for it. Now, I'm sitting at my computer like 'what the hell, I've only talked to this guy for like five minutes.' I didn't want to lead him on or abuse my powers as a woman in this case and just say heck yeah and get the free meal. So I was honest and was like 'well I haven't really talked to you so why don't we just go hang in the park for a little while'. I figure, you know I'm giving him a chance to get to know him.

So we meet up in the park and it was, in short, a disaster from beginning to end. And not in the cute way. I mean, he legit barely said a word. And just followed me wherever I went. I asked him where he wanted to go, he'd say it doesn't matter. And then that was it. So we get to Pirate's Lair where I heard Jack Sparrow was hanging and I found the little sucker by some buried treasure. I went in total fangirl mode obviously. Jack Sparrow asks who the guy is and I'm like 'Oh, he's just a friend'. Cause, you know, I've only talked to him with him actually responding for like five minutes.

For some reason, my response upset my companion as he then proceeded to put me on the spot while we waited in line at Haunted Mansion. He asks me 'Do you consider this a date' and I said 'Considering I'm the only one that's been talking and I've only known you for like five minutes, no, this isn't a date.' Now, at this point I'm pretty pissed because if he had actually taken the time to, you know, get to **** know me before asking me out or whatever bullshit we're calling this, he would know that I DESPISE being cutesy, talking about relationship problems, etc. in public. You do that **** behind closed doors, ain't nobody want to see it in public. So, the fact that he's putting me on the spot in the middle of a line where I know people can hear what we are saying angers me to no end. But, whatever, I'm going to let it slide.

So we get in the first part of the Haunted Mansion right and this little **** gets an idea in his head that it's okay to put his hands on my shoulders. I immediately push him off me. And he's all confused. HE'S CONFUSED ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME WE HAVE ONLY SPOKEN FOR FIVE **** MINUTES AND YOU THINK IT'S OKAY TO TOUCH ME!? I swear to god, I am going to invest in a class that teaches me how to effectively punch a man in the face. He apologizes and I, trying to be the kind hearted person here, say it's okay just don't do it again.

Guess what this little asshole decides to do? Yup. He tries touching me. AGAIN. I'm sitting in my seat at this point like 'You little **** I will cut you in your SLEEP.' I tell him to stop. He says he's sorry and that he won't do it again. I'm like, okay fine. Whatever.

At this point, I'm trying to get the hell out of this date without calling him out on his bs because I know as soon as I start, it's going to be a rant like the one I'm writing now and I will inevitably make a scene. And I don't want to do that. So we decide the last ride we're going to go on is pirates. I get in the ride and sit close to edge just cause that's where I usually sit on the ride cause I like to be as close as possible so I can see the stuff.

"Why are you sitting so far away from me?" is what he says. And I'm just sitting there like 'Cause I want to see the **** on the ride? WHY IS THIS AN ISSUE AND DOES IT HONEST TO GOD MATTER WHERE I SIT? I DO WHAT I WANT!"

So we're on the ride and BIG **** SURPRISE HE TRIES TO TOUCH ME AGAIN. I am just like **** this I'm out of here. I legit made up an excuse and was like I'm gone. As I look back, I am so surprised by how calmly I handled this situation because if I knew then what I know now I would have publicly humiliated him.

He says he's going to text me back. I'm just like 'lol whatever'.

But then, this is the part that makes me angry the most. This is essentially what his text said: I'm sorry I kept trying to touch you I just really wanted to hold your hand.

^ THIS my friends is the problem with our society and how we teach men to treat women. This guy thought it was okay to touch me when I clearly didn't want to be touched in ANY way (hell, I don't even let people I like touch me) because he was a hopeless romantic who didn't know how to talk or do anything with me. So he thought that gave him the right to make unwanted advances.

My mom then tries to defend this little **** by saying 'Well maybe he's just shy.' Excuse me. I'm shy. I ran away from Sockhead Syd for three months, trust me, I'm shy as hell. That doesn't mean I ask someone out on a date that I've only talked to FOR FIVE **** MINUTES and then proceed to make unwanted advances on them. BEING SHY DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO **** TOUCH PEOPLE. But, for some reason, men (except you Lee) seem to think that this way of thinking is okay.

I mean, Jesus, I'm so pissed just thinking about this ****. And the thing is, I don't think this guy was being a sleeze as weird as this all sounds. So in a way, I think my mom was right: he's shy. But the thing is, and this is what pisses me off, is that he thought it was okay to act that way he did because that's how we as a society teach men to behave towards women. He thought it was okay because society has told him that 'as long as your heart is in the right place and you're a good person the woman you want is going to fall for you if you show affection'. I mean, how many times have we seen this happen in movies where the hopeless romantic makes an advance on a woman and it's deemed as okay because he's the 'hero' and because he's the hero, the woman automatically wants him. It's just terrible. Teach your kids the difference between reality and fiction for ****'s sake. You don't see me parading around thinking I'm going to fall in love with a guy in a matter of three days and live happily ever after because that's what happens in every damn Disney movie. I can understand a teenager behaving in this stupid manner but you are a grown ass man. Get your **** together and get it through your stupid thick skull that NO MEANS **** NO.

I AM NEVER ASKING FOR A BOYFRIEND TO JUST DROP FROM THE SKY EVER AGAIN LESSON LEARNED THANK YOU UNIVERSE.

@_@

And people wonder why I constantly suspect I am just going to end up as a crazy cat lady when I'm older. WHY CAN'T A NICE, NON-DUMBASS, BE ATTRACTED TO ME!? I'M ADORABLE!

^because i couldnt find the one i was actually looking for.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:28 am

Your first problem was going out with a guy you didn't know anything about. No offense. Sure maybe media in some form brainwashed him, but he could also be a legit creeper who was trying to lull you into a false sense of security.

I don't know, maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but throwing the most expensive and fanciest dinner into someone he only knew for five seconds sounds like he was just aiming for sex. Sorry, had to be blunt. Was easier then beating around the bush to find appropriate terms. Also shy and touching people seems to contradict each other...just saying.

There was a girl who asked me out one time, but when we were in high-school she bit someone's ear off. So yeah, going to dodge that bullet.

But, you'll find someone out there for you, so don't fret over it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Well I KNOW that was the problem. I just didn't want to be a jerk about it and immediately write him off. That's why I said 'hey why don't we just hang out.'

And yeah I suspected the second part as well at first too. Which was why I suggested we go to the park just to hang out because I didn't want to insinuate anything but I didn't, again want to be an a-hole, and make assumptions about someone I didn't know. Which was why I said yes to HANGING OUT. I.e., I never saw it as a date.

I suspected he was shy because he didn't say anything. And, I know that feeling where you like don't know what to say so you don't say anything and you just listen. I do that all the time. But again, I don't ask people out on dates and I don't touch people. Like I said though, if you're an idiot and you believe everything you see on tv and what you see around you is how real life relationships work, not going to lie, what he was doing wasn't far-fetched. Especially if you have no previous experience. I mean, it's disgusting some of the couples I see in public. Like, Jesus, get a room for god's sake, nobody wants to see that.

But who cares because what it all comes down to is I chose Jack Sparrow over him and I'm sure it was embarrassing :p

And if that whole fiasco was him trying to lull me into a false sense of security, he sucks at it.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:47 pm

Well I didn't say he was good at it, and whatever, just chalk it up as you dodged a bullet also. You seriously don't need someone like that in your life lol.

Just like I didn't need someone potentially going Mike Tyson on me.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:56 pm

It's more like I dodged a bullet that was severely misfired from the beginning :p I'd say the same for the scenario you gave XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:59 pm

Granted I think it was in middle school and something to do with a cat-fight, but I want nothing to do with that.

So just laugh it off.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top