Rant Thread

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rant Thread

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:33 pm

I know...but it's so hard to! Which was why I mentioned it here: I need to get it out of my system.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:36 pm

It's even harder when they're in the same house as you :P Find an escape hatch quick!
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18365

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Actually, everyone is asleep here. I was talking about someone online :p

Which makes it even worse because then I can't physically slap them if I want.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:54 pm

You mean you don't have a key for the springy punching glove?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:57 pm

No unfortunately my computer didn't come with that button. I wish I had known before I bought it though. It would really come in handy.

ill make the other posts tomorrow btw. im going to go to sleep....
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Alright, well goodnight!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 pm

HOLY **** THIS EPISODE IS SCARY AS HELL!

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:21 pm

What episode?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Supernatural Season 2...episode...uhhh they're in a prison. I don't know the episode number. Towards the end of season 2 though.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Oh well I didn't know, it's like you expected me to know which one you were referring to :P
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Well Lee, if you actually paid attention to my life, you'd know the only scary thing I'm watching right now is Supernatural. Duh :p

lol im kidding. I just freaked out because the ghost scared the **** out of me. I didn't care that you didn't know what I was talking about. I just needed to get it out of my system :p

And, I realized I was supposed to have done this in Randomness Core. But I was so scared, I did it in the wrong thread :p

Btw, I will not be posting Heroes tonight. I'm working on the Korra OC fanfic right now...in addition to trying to regain myself...while also forcing myself to watch another episode....
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:45 pm

BS, you're just too scared to do an RP with an ghostly apparition right now, admit it! :P
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:50 pm

No, actually it's because you keep running away every time I try to put your character and Quiver together :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:51 pm

He's not running away so much as trying to lure the banshee back to the park.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 pm

I know Lee, but it feels like he's running away XD
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Can I just have a week where nothing bad/rant worthy goes on? That would be nice.

So I'm not entirely sure if this is just me or if it's a serious issue. I personally think it's just me. But anyway, so big surprise I wanted to go see a movie that no one wants to see. This is the part that is entirely my fault: I should really just listen to my gut instinct and just not go with anyone. But like a sap that I am, when I said I was going by myself and my mom heard me, she was like 'oh well I want to see that movie.' Really because every time I tried to explain to her what Brave was about, she totally ignored me pretty much.

So anyway, I asked her if we could go today since she wanted to go. And in a way, I kind of wanted her to go because it is a mother-daughter movie and I did tell her that. So she was like oh it's not that long of a movie and I told her time so it seemed like it was okay.

Well the movie starts at 7:30, it's 6:46 and she's not answering her phone. She's at my neighbors house who is kind of sort of her boyfriend.

Now, I don't care that she doesn't want to go to the movie but god damn it can she have the decency to **** tell me she doesn't want to go anymore? I'm at home and first of all I don't even know where the hell she went and I have to find out through my sister that she went over there. A part of me wants to go over there and just be like 'seriously wtf' or at least go over there and get the Optimum Card so I can go to the movie and get the discount. But, at the same time I don't because I know it's just going to turn into a scene and I don't want to embarrass her in front of him. Even though I'm extremely pissed at the moment. And I personally don't think it's fair that she was okay for a movie and is suddenly side stepping me without even letting me know. Really, is it that hard to pick up a phone and say 'oh sorry I don't want to go anymore'. And If she wants to go another day, can't she just say 'hey is it okay we go another day?'. WHY IS THIS SO HARD? Seriously, this is starting to feel like I'm dealing with one of my asshole friends as a teenager.

At this point, I might just be like **** it when she gets home I'm going to the 10:00 pm showing and I don't give a **** anymore if she goes or not. I'm really sick of this 'oh you're going by yourself, let me go with you but then ditch you and/or make it complicated to go' crap. And at the same time I feel like a dumbass for letting her do this AGAIN. This makes it what, the third damn time this year she's pulled this on me? And we're only in June. Lord knows what's going to happen when the Dark Knight Rises comes out.

And of course, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous at the fact that she's been going over to the neighbor's house like every evening. But I'm pretty sure that's just me; I mean, I get that this part of the dilemma is all on me. Although,it does make it extra irritating that she spends every evening over there until like 12 in the morning but she can't go see one damn movie with me. Or at least tell me she cancelled the plans.

And she can't say I don't go see the movies that she wants to see with her because I was going to go see Prometheus with her when she wanted to but she never went. And that movie is a horror movie that I had no intention of seeing in theaters. So that argument is completely invalid just so we're clear.

God, now I know how everyone else felt when Ai followed Ryuzaki like a puppy.

EDIT: Oh my god and now she gets home and she doesn't even know why I'm mad when I clearly texted her like an hour ago 'hey are we going to see Brave?' 'where are you?' etc. Are you **** serious?
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

I'll go see Brave with you :P
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Thank you Lee :p

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:04 pm

And then I'll force you to watch Avengers right after.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:23 pm

I've already seen it twice, I can watch it a third time ;p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:01 pm

This isn't really a rant but I suppose it could end up turning into a rant I guess. Anyway, I'm just seriously questioning what possessed me to watch 500 days of summer which is a romantic comedy-ish thing considering my current slump caused by a lack of social interaction....

yeah i pretty much just walked into it.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Oh thank god you're online.

I have a serious question because so far, everyone I have talked to is a girl and I want to get the opposite perspective.

Okay, so, today my boss told me to call people that he had gotten off of craigslist for a shoot and confirm their scheduled time slots. Now, for reasons I won't go into, one of these said people blatantly stated he was a womanizer and gangbanger. I told my boss I would call them but for people that that, I was going to restrict my number so they wouldn't see it.

Now, he then starts going on a tangent about how I need to be able to call people he knew and how in this business communication is key. And, this is why I should get a smart phone.

I told him that I had already called the people he knew and that my only issue was calling this one person because of the way he described himself. In short, I didn't want this guy with my phone number. And, secondly, he doesn't pay me enough for me to get a smart phone. He's not even going to pay me for the full day on Tuesday because he 'can't afford it' despite the fact that he hasn't paid me all summer.

I understand that this business is about communication. But there is a difference between communication and being a dumbass.

And then he said for me to stop being paranoid.

My friends and mom called him an asshole. But I was just wondering what your opinion was. Would you let a friend who is a girl give their number to someone who said they were a womanizer and gangbanger?
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:24 pm

Hell yeah! A gang-banger? You should totally hire him! Is that what this is about? Cause that's already grounds for illegibility.

Technically you have to do what your boss asks you to do. I don't know how you're going to contact this person. That part you have to deal with on your own. You also have to deal with creepy and weird people in life. But if this is a task in which these people you are calling are eligible for employment or whatever, then no.

Also you're not getting paid? What is this for? Other then an internship which you can use on your resume? Because you already have enough experience. If you don't want to swallow your pride, you can refuse to call this person.

Seriously if this person isn't paying anything, you're spending money on gas to get to the job and time. It doesn't sound like this is the type of company or person you'd want to refer to a potential job anyway.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:47 pm

I am getting paid but not a lot. And I can't find any other job at the moment.

My point is: if he wants to keep badgering me about a smartphone then he should be paying me what I'm supposed to be getting paid and give me a regular income so I can go and buy a smartphone. Because I honestly can't afford it otherwise.

For the day, he's not paying me in full because he doesn't want to but I'm supposedly getting some money. Just not what I should be getting.

And, this isn't so much about pride as it is about SAFETY. I mean, I don't know who this person is that I'm supposed to call and to me (and all the other women I've talked to), putting yourself out there where it's clearly not a safe situation is just flat out stupid. It's one thing if you're dealing with someone that ends up being creepy in the end. It's another if you put yourself in that situation in the first place and purposely ignore the blatant warning signs in front of you.

I already told him I'm not giving my phone number to that person. And I've already decided I'm just going to give the guy my boss' number. Because you know what? F--ck it.

What pisses me off even more is my boss was the one in the beginning who said I shouldn't give my phone number to any of these people because it's dangerous. And then he just went and threw that logic out the window. It's one thing if I was coordinating this through a legitimate agency.

I was going to insert a nice quote from Neil Gaiman but I can't find it. It describes this situation perfectly.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Maybe my choice of words was off and not properly used. What I mean is, if you feel that this job isn't worth it anymore, you can always quit. Yes I know you said you can't find a job, but there are plenty of other careers that are actually paying people everyday.

And honestly if this is for your resume experience, do you want possible job offers calling this person for a reference? Would he or they say good things or hurt your chances? Because if he uses words like 'paranoid' and other unwanted comments that you've stated, then it's not going to be worth using him as a reference.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: