Rant Thread

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rant Thread

Post  Lee on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:21 am

Ha that sounds like something my sister would do. What do you do when that happens? Oh that cakes for me, I'm eating it tonight...Oh well the cake sounds pretty tasty. Last year when I had my birthday, I didn't get to eat my cake lol. I was way too busy with course loads to worry about much else, then before I noticed it, about a day later after my B-day, there was nothing left to it, maybe a few crumbs Laughing
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18348

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:49 am

LOL!!!!!
My family really, REALLY enjoys celebrating birthdays and, well, pretty much every event in the year. It's a lot of fun most of the times, especially when my two sisters are with me, cuz then we're like the 3 Musketeers, hehe! But, I'm 21 now, and for the last 3 years at least, I've wanted to go OUT with my friends and sisters to celebrate birthdays and christmas and new years instead of staying home with all the younger kids and the old parents and grandparents. One of my aunts, though, tries to guilt-trip me about this EVERYTIME nowadays. Just this past december, when everyone was making their New Year Eve plans, she asked me what I was going to be doing, and I told her upfront that I was planning on going to Montreal with my friends for the night. Her response was "Oh I was like that too once and then I realised later on how much more fun it is to spend New Year's with family". Let me tell you, her side of the family has this tradition of eating white sausage (Weisswurst) just before midnight, and then kissing and dancing a waltz after midnight. That's not exactly how I want to be spending my New Year's Eves while I'm in my 20s and living in the city, especially since I'm vegetarian and Champagne makes me moody if I drink it without eating something first, lol. My dad laughed when I told him what she said to me and he said I should have told her that since she used to go out all the time when she was young, I should get my chance too, seeing as I'll only be in my 20s once in my lifetime, and once I get a little older, maybe I too will come to find family celebrations fun, just like she did. Lol! It's not really fair of her to say things like that to me, seeing as she was a wild-child when she was my age, and also since she rarely ever makes the time to spend time with us just normally, apart from News Year's Eve and our birthdays. There's always something else that takes higher priority over us, e.g. visiting her brother in Chicago, taking her husband and kids with her to Florida when she's going there for Dentistry courses, going to watch the neighbour's hockey game, etc, etc, etc.

(I guess turned into another rant, lol!)
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Okay I have finally gotten a chance to read all this.

1. Happy Un-Birthday (im so lame right now it isnt even funny)

2. That movie sounds funny. Have you seen Once Upon a Time in Mexico? Johnny Depp's almost dying twice scene reminded me of what you were describing. He like gets shot, falls in the most ridiculous way I've ever seen, gets back up to kill someone else five minutes later, then falls again pathetically. And he apparently lives ._.

3. I think a majority of adults are like that. My parents talk and other relatives talk about how wild and crazy they were but they wont let any of the young adults do anything. now they've loosened the lid because everyone's past having the first kid but it sucks for us older siblings! Seriously, I wasn't even allowed to walk down my dead end street by myself and now my sister can go walk to Dunkin Donuts like 20 minutes away walking wise @_@.

4. ok this is actually my rant. on my youtube recommendations they sent me a clip from the Clannad anime. Now, I LOVE Clannad. Seriously, it was a very good show and I usually hate shows/movies that have the romance as the main plot point (I thought siting through the Notebook was absolute torture) so for me to like something like Clannad is really saying something. Anyway, watching the clip made me want to watch the show all over again. But, I'm annoyed because the show was licensed in America but they didn't dub it! They just put the subtitles on. First of all, the professional subtitles are usually terrible compared to the fan ones. And second, I don't want to read the subtitles while at the same time watching all the drama. It's annoying. I want the dub option. Yet, I really just want to go and buy it so I can watch it on dvd. But I don't want to spend money on a DVD that isn't even going to have special features like a dub track. So I'm completely torn. As terrible as it sounds, I hope the company that currently has the rights to Clannad goes down the drain so Funimation can buy it and dub it. And put Vic Mignogna as Nagisa's dad because he should play him XD.

Basically, down with Section23 Films. This anime (especially After Story) is apparently critically acclaimed and they're not doing it justice by keeping it subbed for American fans. T_T
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16979

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:07 am

ok this is actually my rant.
No offense, but they all sounded like rants to me.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:27 pm

^ 1-3 were comments on what was said prior since I couldn't respond when they were originally posted.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Hey I was just saying, since you said "Now onto my rant" they were all rant...y ranty?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:09 pm

well the Un-Birthday thing wasnt really a rant....the movie thing i was just saying it reminded me of that scene i saw from Once Upon A Time in Mexico....the scene is actually very funny to watch. and the last one i was just saying a lot of adults do that and i gave a example. if it sounded ranty, i didnt mean it to.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:36 am

Thanks for the un-birthday wish, lol! I haven't watched Once Upon A Time In Mexico, but I really want to because I've heard it's really really awesome, and, well, it's Johnny Depp for crying out loud!

The thing with my aunt isn't about her being overprotective. My dad's like that -- we moved a little further out into the burbs recently, and now suddenly I have to be home earlier than when we lived closer to Centretown. (I'm the younger one and somehow it's reversed for me: my older sister gets away with more things that I can, lol)

My aunt's different -- she's just being whiny...or something. That's the best way I can think of to say it. Family gatherings/visit are pretty much just another item on the to-do list for her. Plus, there's always all these formalities. We don't have just normal family hang-out time. There's always this set distance that's maintained. It's not the way I grew up. I grew up in an extended family, and the basic culture in our community was much more open. Friends could just simply drop by for a cup of tea without necessarily needing to call beforehand. There wasn't an obligation to bring a gift every single time you visited. Plans could be made at the spur of the moment and everyone would happily go along and have fun. I find that with the family member's I have here, even though we all live in the same city, we hardly maintain any connections with each other at all, and whatever small connection is maintained, it's done so out of a sense of duty rather than any actual desire to spend time together. There's no togetherness here. My uncle even told my dad (he's my dad's brother!!) one day that out of all 52 weekends in the year, they've only ever got like 1 or 2 free, which they want to spend by themselves, alone on their farm (which is really just a huge plot of land - no crops or animals there). If we want to spend time with them, we have to call a few weeks in advance. It's ridiculous, it's like booking an appointment for a haircut in time for New Year's Eve! The ironic thing is that they don't behave this way with their friends and neighbours, and they have that whole open relationship going with them, but not with family members.

It's also like any sense of common courtesy has disappeared. I mean, if they don't want to spend time together, whatever, I don't care anymore. But seriously, isn't it just plain rude not to return calls, or to offer help and then half-heartedly do a half-assed job, or make empty promises, or to deceive other people (family members, in this case) so that things can be done in a way that's most convenient to themselves, or to force an event on to other people just so they can satisfy their own sense of obligation???? Isn't it just disrespectful to not take someone seriously, despite them being completely sincere and serious and wanting an honest opinion/advice/help??? Mad Mad Mad

Some of my friends are sometimes like this too. They can't find even a little time in their personal schedules for you even once, but they expect you to move everything aside when they want to do something. I think the way they all act is fundamentally wrong -- it goes against my values. It's not that these people particularly have any bad intentions or anything, they're all good people, but their actions are often unreliable, selfish and insensitive, and overall just wrong. Plus it's extremely tiring having to play along with all their whims, trying to be extremely polite, neutral and politically correct, and not being able to openly speak your mind about issues, and trying to figure out what the truth is all the time. Rolling Eyes But, because I value these people, I don't want to lose them, and it's one of my basic principles to maintain my family relations, I keep silent and play along as best as I can without completely compromising myself **siiiiiigghh**

(whew! Now that that's off my chest.....)
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm sure it's different where you used to live Uruviel. I know that here in the United States and North America that a lot of things are different.

Like for example people have jobs and they work under a boss. More often then not the boss just sees them as a number that they can dispose of anytime they see fit. It doesn't matter if you bust your ass or not, the days are always numbered. The boss doesn't care about the good people who work for them, they only care about money, advancing higher and higher. They don't care who they step on to get there. Loyalty has little to do with jobs these days, so it's like there's always a gun pointed to someone's back which can go off at anytime.

I read somewhere that businesses on the other side of the world are more like a family business. Like one that has customers who the business will remember the names and treat them as if they are part of the family. It's different here because most leaders are in it for the money and to advance their business. They see their consumers more as a total profit then individuals.

In this vision people fear their employment is at stake always and so to make sure they keep the job they sacrifice a lot of other free time, be it friends or family. There's plenty of stories where husbands work almost the whole day without seeing their wife or kids, because they need the money to make sure their loved ones have enough money to support themselves.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:14 pm

hey Urv, we have the same family issues, go us =D. My aunts and uncles don't really care what happens to us anymore. and we all used to be together and stuff...it's sad really. honestly, i dont even get b-day gifts from them anymore. or even a "happy b-day LS" for that matter. and they're all retired now so they can't tell me they didn't have time to call me and wish me a happy birthday because they were working. actually, because they're all retired they don't pay attention as much. it's like the retirement went to their head and now they think they don't have to care about anyone else but themselves.

but, at this point, i dont really even care what they do anymore because all i need is my immediate family and my pets =D. and it's their loss anyway because now we do a whole bunch of crazy activities as a family. bringing my mom to an anime convention three years ago did wonders. she's on the verge of becoming a con-addict...or a Vic stalker...or both O_o lol.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:35 pm

No one can be more of a Vic fan stalker then you LS.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:49 pm

^ there are far worse people than me. i look perfectly normal compared to my friend and my mom. and we all look normal compared to the other risembool rangers. some of them are just downright crazy.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:50 pm

... Kyah!

Learn to laugh c'mon! I was just kidding!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:03 pm

what I thought it was a legit statement =O You all confuse me >.<
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Yeah well only a hardcore fan would make Vic shout out their favorite catch line about eating shrimp or something...
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:11 pm

It's jumbo shrimp to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Yeah that line! I still don't get it but whatever.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Because someone said to me "move it shrimp" so i said "that's jumbo shrimp to you." instead of being a shrimp, im a big shrimp. so im not small....get it?
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:21 pm

lol that's cute. Who said that to you, a stranger or someone you knew?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:31 pm

someone i knew said it to me on a trip to Boston. i think we were leaving the small aquarium after three hours ._.

so we both had shrimps on our mind =D.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Shrimp is very good! I like it when it's cold, I don't really care for it when it's cooked and littered in different spices. I actually like to taste the meat, not the seasoning.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:39 pm

Mini-Rant time!

Okay, I was listening to music from an old PS1 game on youtube, Beyond the Beyond, and i just wanted to go and play it again. so i went over to my PS1-- Yes, a PS1. didn't bother to get the newer systems, all my favorite were for the first one. anyway, i went over to it and decided to plug everything back in. when i went to the AC adapter for the PS1, it was already in the wall. i lightly touched it, and the whole thing turned 45 degrees. i then pulled it out to see what was wrong, and when i looked at the outlet, half the plug was still in it.

Of course, this had to happen when i was feeling nostalgic about playing it again, so that ticked me off a bit. at least i'm glad i was in a mood to start over Beyond the Beyond. If i wasn't when this happened, that game would be out the window. (I'm not kidding. if you ever tried playing though it, the puzzles can really piss you off. the first one for example is a normal 5x5 sliding puzzle, but if you try to leave before you're done, one of the bosses walks up to you, fights you, and slaughters you in 3-5 hits. [Thank god for separate Vp and Lp, or it'll be one hit!])

Anyway, now i'm off to get a PS2 or 3.
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:39 am

Oh yeah I know what you mean about wanting to play a game over after seeing or hearing it in some way. I had that just recently with Fire Emblem for the GC and Wii. I haven't bothered to start up either of them yet, I would probably start with the GC version first maybe.

You have FE for the Wii right Zfish? Have you ever fought or beaten the last boss? A while back, probably two or more years back I got there and haven't beaten them yet. The boss is such a pain since all the minions who are bordering them must be killed first and half the times it misses. Not to mention the minions deal some lethal damage to those in range. The boss does a full range supernova attack that hits everything on the field and deals at least 30 damage or more every time.

I swear I don't know how anyone could kill that boss without using cheats.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:24 am

I beat it a few times, but it was set on easy (Doing a normal mode now...). anyway, on the final level, the boss only attacks on every 3 turns. on the turns in between attacks, attack the Aura surrounding the boss (making sure you take out one at a time and making sure your guys don't do so much damage to it that it kills them, seeing it does half damage back.)

but the secret to beating it easier is with one of the skills, Nihil. it ignores any abilities the opponent has, including the Aura's effect that deals half the damage back. another idea is to use the Brave weapons, or anyone who has the Adept ability. both will make you hit twice as much, and you are only dealt damage after you use both attacks. (that might not sound very good with the Aura's ability, but if it takes only two attacks to take out one of the Auras after it's weakened, you take no damage after it's down.)

and seeing as you said you haven't beaten it yet, this last part won't be as helpful. on your second time going though of it, you'll want to recruit Lehran. he comes with the Ashera staff and it'll automatically heal all of your units to full health, but it only has 3 charges.

there are a number of things you need to do to recruit him, and you only get him on the last chapter. When you do get him, ignore what Yune says, you can still use Miciah.

Anyway, what you have to do to get Lehran:
Use the Black Knight at the endgame of part 1
Do Not kill Pellas in part 3 when you control the Daien Army. A third option will say to refuse the task. (2nd time though and after only)
Have Ike fight the Black Knight in the only chapter in the third part where they are both out. you don't need to kill the Black Knight, just make sure they fight and Ike doesn't lose. (Reyson's Bliss helps right before you fight him)

I think that's it... Oh, and one more thing...
in the fourth part in desert, if you get Miciah to stand 12 spaces up, and 1 over from the bottom right corner, you get Stefan, a lv 8 (or 12, i can't remember) Trueblade. I know, who the hell wants to put her there? but yeah, it's the only way to get him. just don't put a Laguz there, for one or two of them he just shows up, gives you his sword, and leaves.
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:22 am

For all of the endgame chapters, I used all of the Griel Mercenaries, save for Rhys cause he just sucks. I think I might have to restart the game with my last save somewhere since Michiah's pretty weak. That or I'll just have someone rescue her.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: