Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Shanghai Sun May 08, 2011 2:59 pm

Uuuuurgh. I'm falling down, into the vicious cycle. It's getting harder and harder to not be ticked at my dad right around now. On Mother's Day.
My Mother's stuck handling a six year old, me, and a house built for six.

It's really not fair on her, and she's going nuts try to clean it up. I honestly don't know what to do, because there's no way I can balance this through little things...

Ugh.
Powerlessness.
Shanghai
Shanghai
Water Bender

Male Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun May 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Well you can always offer to help clean up or do some extra chores around the house. She'd probably really appreciate that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanghai Sun May 08, 2011 4:15 pm

I can't sort the living room, pay her bills, fix the mess of paperwork y Dad made, or anything like that.

I do clean up where I'm able, but I know she probably just wants to blow the house up and start from scratch. I can't blame her, this place is a Gordian knot.

It's like my sister told me... I'm not Superman. I can't make my little sister learn to be quiet while I clean up the house. I'm just one person.

"It's okay Daiyousei. Nobody expects us to be gods."

I love that quote. It fits...

Even though it was in response to, "I feel so powerless... I mean, everyone else can do such amazing things, like solve incidents, bench press mountains, and cause volcanic eruptions just by burping. And I... I can't even fend off a fairy..."

One of the most heartwarming parts of one of my favorite stories.
Shanghai
Shanghai
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun May 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Just do what you're capable of. Organizing and cleaning up different places doesn't require much skill, it's the simple and little things that help to.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun May 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Shanghai wrote:Uuuuurgh. I'm falling down, into the vicious cycle. It's getting harder and harder to not be ticked at my dad right around now. On Mother's Day.
My Mother's stuck handling a six year old, me, and a house built for six.

It's really not fair on her, and she's going nuts try to clean it up. I honestly don't know what to do, because there's no way I can balance this through little things...

Ugh.
Powerlessness.

we have the opposite problem. we're trying to clean a house that's built for like...three maybe and there's five of us in addition to four dogs and two cats and a hamster.

yeah, go figure that one out =p and i have the same problem with my mom, everything has to be organized her way and i organize things completely differently XD. so im in charge of the books and picking through the toys.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun May 08, 2011 5:09 pm

I really never had that problem at my house. I guess my parents aren't just that picky when it comes to that. My dad is nitpicky when it comes to stacking wood, everything else? Not so much.

I'm fairly organized though, so it's not like I leave dirty clothes or anything out.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun May 08, 2011 5:42 pm

i dont either. the problem is we have more people living in the house than there really should be so we run out of room to put our stuff. we're in the process of cleaning it out.

then there's the fact that my dad would pretty much make a mess after we cleaned stuff or he'd stack stuff so high it was impossible for anyone else to get to it. but now that he's gone, we can easily clean the house and it will STAY clean and organized the way we want.

i still have to find my indiana jones hat. T_T
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanghai Sun May 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Brargh. It's hard to not feel peeves at my dad. I mean... She's
A single mother raising two kids, with two in college. He helps financially (and even then...), but...

Yeah. It's that kind of situation. [/PersonalProblems]

But yes, I do pick up a lot. No deficiencies in that area...
Shanghai
Shanghai
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun May 08, 2011 9:32 pm

^ yeah i get what you mean. we have four kids in our family.

this website isn't streaming the next episode of FMA Brotherhood correctly. i totally forgot to tape the new episode and now i cant even watch the stream of it T_T

i guess ill just have to try tomorrow <_<
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 09, 2011 8:33 am

Maybe you need to clean up your computer? Sometimes it goes slower, the more you surf through the net, no matter where you go. Sort of like a boat getting bombarded by barnacles.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 09, 2011 10:22 am

i did clean it, didn't work. the site it's on is kind of stupid streaming wise to begin with so im sure that had something to do with it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:05 pm

okay, so today my computer was on the fritz and weird things were happening. i knew right away it had to be because of that google virus. so i did a virus scan in safe mode and it didnt work.

now, im kind of upset because not only are we really busy and i needed to have something done, im also going to the beach in like two days. so i wouldnt be able to use my computer really until the virus was taken care of. and, since we were busy, i didnt think id be able to get the computer in to the computer store to fix it. so i was freaking.

so i tell my mom and she flips a **** on me and starts saying stuff like 'its because of those sites you go on' and 'i dont want you going on any forums no nothing anymore'. meanwhile, i told (actually i yelled at this point) that ive been going on the SAME websites for YEARS. YEARS, i tell you! im pretty much on the same websites all the time. then, i said that i had the google virus and McAfee probably didnt get rid of it right. i was so angry because yeah, its not okay for me to go on forums that ive been going on for years but its okay for my sisters to use Facebook and go on who knows what. plus, i was trying to get rid of this thing for a while on my own (doing constant virus scans and what not) because i know its expensive to get the computer guys to do it. it's not my fault i thought what i did worked!

well, we ended up getting the computer in (we didnt really have a choice because the thing i had to do was for my mom). even after all that and after i explained it to her, she STILL wasnt convinced i was right because apparently my sister had the google virus and got rid of it.

so now, i checked online and it turns out, this virus is EXTREMELY difficult to get rid of. in fact, one source said antivirus software probably wont be able to get rid of it completely because the virus changes your computer settings and then leaves. and you get it through google. so TAKE THAT MOM!

yeah...sorry about that but i just get really annoyed when she accuses me of things without listening to me first. i know i dont know a lot about computers, but i know way more than anyone else in the house does so to say that these forums (i.e. pretty much just this one since i only go on two) are the reason for the virus and then banning me from going on them just ticks me off. now i just have to make sure my sister actually got rid of the virus like she says she did and the side effects still arent screwing up her computer.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:35 pm

I ran into those sort of problems with my old crappy pc constantly. I would say a daily basis, but that would be stretching it, but not too far.

Anyway this sort of thing is easy to fix without paying or taking it somewhere. Of course you can still do that if all else fails, but let I'll let you on in a secret.

Ok it's not really a secret, but I learned it by just trying just about everything without having to pay for someone to fix my computer. So I learned a lot actually.

I use AVG, which is free. I hear McAFee is not as good as it used to be, sort of like Norton. That's up for you to decide if you want to switch or try.

Anyway when your protection can't fix or find something and you know there's a problem, there's always a solution.

Make sure if you have files on your PC that you want to keep that you save them somewhere. Like with a flash drive, buy one if you don't have it.

Save all your, sometimes update if you change things. When the problem arises again and McAFee can't fix it, shut down your PC/whatever you're using. When it restarts, there should be some options to select from.

The options can be triggered with the F keys, normally they are F10 and 11. Just read the screen when it restarts, there should be a list somewhere on the upper, lower, or middle of the screen.

You can do a system recovery where you go to a date back when the virus wasn't there. All other files after that date will be lost to though. Or if that doesn't work or you haven't created a restore file date, which you need to have before you can trigger this, you can do a system recovery where it sets everything back to the original factory date and make. That means everything that you have done to your computer will be gone, but so will the virus.

It's not that bad, if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for someone to fix it, and this is probably what they do anyway when things get really out of hand with the virus.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:25 pm

^ yeah, id prefer finding a way to fix it without having to delete everything. =p

i actually found on youtube a very long but effective process that gets rid of the google virus and anything it left behind completely from your system. the biggest problem is that McAfee is virus and spyware only. It doesn't get rid of malware. but now I have a malware protection program that is free and legal and that works fine.

i will keep that tip in mind though...just in case.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:45 am

Most of the times it doesn't delete anything, although it states that it will, but the virus is completely wiped. Just thought I'd share that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:39 pm

yeah, that's really helpful :)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Okay, so I got an email from Disney Movie Rewards saying that with certain DVDs I can get a free ticket to see Winnie the Pooh. I check the list and it turns out I have one of them.

So I go to log on and see if I can get the free ticket. Well, I go to log in and I have so many accounts with them that they want me to know which one I'm talking about. Now, I don't remember which the right one is so through trial and error I made all of them active individually and put the rest as inactive. This didn't work at all.

So somehow through doing all of that, I finally get into the system and ALL MY POINTS ARE GONE! I had like 2000 + points saved up to get something really cool and they're ALL GONE.

I contacted the people and I'm waiting for a response T_T. I WANT MY POINTS DAMN IT!

and no, it's not like I just re-enter all my DVDs because you can only enter your DVD once apparently. <_< I'm hoping they'll either A. find the account with all the points (because I didn't delete any accounts, I made them all active before this crap happened thank god) or B. They'll delete the data from the account so I can re-enter the DVDs.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:16 pm

So any word from this yet? It sucks, but there's not much you can do about this sort of thing but try to get in contact with them...good luck!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:28 pm

I actually got an email today and they're going to terminate the accounts that don't have the points and keep the one that has all my points! WOOT!

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:38 am

That's good to hear.

Well I'm going to the doctors today to see if they can stop my poison ivy rash. It was healing then new spots sprouted. Never scratched it or anything. Can't even bend my fingers right lol. Work was hell yesterday.

I will respond to most posts and RP stuff later. It's a pain in the ass to even type with this rash.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:19 am

Oh dear, I hope you feel better. :)

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Went to the doctors and they got me some prescription. Turns out it couldn't be found in most places, but they quickly gave out another prescription to the pharmacist so things turned out pretty well.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:26 pm

^ well that's good to hear. hopefully now you'll have a swift recovery :)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:06 pm

I hope so to. Work was hell the past three days, plus I got an event next weekend.

...Oh right. I'll be gone next Thursday till late Sunday. I'm pretty sure you remember me showing you this clip years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtBblE7_m9o

We're doing that one. It's held every 5 years. They say they're going to make the square even bigger this time. I'm the unit who forms the square at the end.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:11 pm

i actually do remember that video.

and okay, have fun. hopefully your poison ivy will be gone by then :)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next