Rant Thread

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rant Thread

Post  zfish9 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:02 am

Just the first pannel. what you siad instantly reminded me of it. http://www.reallifecomics.com/archive/100122.html
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:37 pm

wait family guy is canceled? O_o
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16969

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:48 pm

No, but it was several times.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18340

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:58 pm

oh....i see....

yes, Fox hasn't made the best decisions then...

my internet is working on the main computer but my wireless isnt working. im very annoyed.

EDIT: wow...just wow. the reason why my internet wasn't working is because my cat must have brushed against the button that turns off the internet connection on my computer. and i didnt realize it was off @_@
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:34 am

cool, a rant thread!
i have a sob story, more than a rant: i have a midterm tomorrow morning at 8:30 and i still have a bunch to read for it but i'm feeling so tired and i can't concentrate T_T it's intermediate phonetics, and i know most of the stuff cuz i've studied it before in intro classes and it's really quite intuitive. I mean, if you know the basic parts of the mouth, you should be able to identify/describe almost any sound (e.g. nasal means it comes from the nose, so n, m and ng, and labio-dental means your lips and teeth are involved, so that would be f and v, etc, etc, etc). The problem is this new stuff where we have to know deeper details about the anatomy of the mouth, like the muscles in your tongue and the walls of the throat. I'm so bad at cramming, there's no way I'm going to remember it T____T
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:36 am

There's a lot of times Fox makes some stupid moves. Family Guy pokes fun at it in there latest Star Wars film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-qiVxBlLHg&feature=PlayList&p=BFF2693CA67DACB4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=20

The camera is shaky and bad quality but most things would be taken out due to copyright laws. Youtube is just getting really lame with that. Anyways watch the opening crawling text, that's where they make fun of Fox.

EDIT: wow...just wow. the reason why my internet wasn't working is because my cat must have brushed against the button that turns off the internet connection on my computer. and i didnt realize it was off @_@

Just one of those moments where you want to kick yourself?

Uruviel just read a lot of it before you go to bed. I hear that studying before you sleep helps remember a lot of things...I don't know if that's true, but at your point you might as well try!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:43 am

yeah that's what my plan is right now. I just logged on to talk about the new teaser trailer for The Movie, lol. I'm heading straight back to my oral anatomy now, sigh! :)
Uruviel
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:43 am

Well good luck! I hope you ace it!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am

thanks, i hope so too :S
Uruviel
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:27 pm

I know you'll do well! Just from knowing you from these forums, or are continued traveling forums, I know you aren't the type to quit easily or not work hard.

Ok I have a rant, well sort of...I guess we'll just see.

I'm debating whether or not to get rid of the affiliated sites section. I know Karin asked us to sponsor the Bleach forum RP, since it was almost similar in a way. However, she is no longer here, she's been gone for months now, here last activity was somewhere in November, but her last post was somewhere in October.

I checked the Bleach site recently being bored and all. I also wanted to check out the post Karin made there regarding the RP story of ours, since she posted the edited chapters of ours every now and then. It was in some art section being a fan-fiction and the comments were pretty interesting. It was basically the affiliation to this site through some links and the story. However they probably deleted it a long time ago since I couldn't find it anywhere, I don't know why, but they did. It was mostly the Avatar chapters and that is art so whatever.

The way an affiliation site works is having someone navigate to that site so they gain more views, but the same has to be said for that site as well. Since they deleted ours, were giving them our guests, but they aren't doing the same in return. So there's no way the guests could possibly return back to ours if they had wanted to. Of course they can hit the back button, but most people won't bother with something if it requires too much work for them.

...So yup...I'm debating on whether to delete the Bleach affiliated thread, get rid of the whole affiliated sites thing...or do nothing...

I don't know what do you guys say?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:26 pm

just delete it. i think you and karin are probably the only ones that went on the site...i didn't anyway XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:31 pm

I didn't go on that site, if you mean by register. I just went on there to see if it was an ok place to affiliate with. I didn't want to affiliate it if they went against the forum rules of this organization.

...I'll keep up the page Affiliated Sites, but I'll take down the thread since they cut their end of the deal.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:37 pm

exactly.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:39 pm

Still we need some way to attract more members...not necessarily for the RP but also for discussions of any kind.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:41 pm

^ I only really come on this forum now so I have no where to go to bring people over.

This is a rant that is currently in development. What I mean by this is, right now I'm not so much bothered by it. But once Alice in Wonderland comes out and I've seen it, I will be bothered by it. The new Kingdom Hearts game is coming out in June-August instead of the usual 4 month waiting period (which would have had the game come out in May the latest). This annoys me because 1. there's spoilers EVERYWHERE. like seriously, i thought trying to avoid Alice was bad with the book being out. This is ten times worse. 2. the previous game was such a disappointment that I want to play a "good" Kh game as soon as possible. 3. Zack Fair from Crisis Core is in it so I get to see him again =D. 4. Mickey's in it more apparently...being badass....as usual which is always a plus.

and those are pretty much my reasons. yes, i can wait for the game now because I'm waiting for Alice. but after waiting two years for a movie to come out, I know I'm going to get impatient with the game. And Im at a higher risk of spoiling myself because I spoiled Crisis Core before I played it and I ended up enjoying the game anyway. So now, I know at one point I'm going to think to myself "oh I'll like KH even if I know the ending or not" and then i'll spoil it.

yeah.......i was going to rant about the Ultimate Fan Event for Alice in Wonderland where Tim Burton and Johnny Depp will be there but it's all the way in California so I can't go. But then this new footage came out for the movie....and I was content. Because they showed some nice stuff involving my favorite hatter. of course, as we get closer to the date, I'll get more and more annoyed so you can look forward to hearing a rant from me. especially since I would consider myself an Ultimate Fan and I don't even get to go to the event that's in my honor =O.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:53 pm

Here's something for you to go asdfghjkl;' to LS...The Last Airbender and the Twilight movie are premiering the same week. Guess what's going to happen? Sales are going to plummet due to that damn series. Sorry, those batshit crazy fangirls just piss me off.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:56 pm

Avatar doesn't stand a chance if that's the case. even if Eclipse sucks (which I am certain it will) people will go see it just to see how ridiculous the movie is. which puts me in a dilemma because the only way i can see Eclipse for what it is is if I go to the midnight showing.....but id rather see the Avatar midnight showing.....ooo the choices.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:59 pm

people will go see it just to see how ridiculous the movie is
LS angsty girls will go to see it because of that guy who portrays the vampire. It has nothing to do with how bad it is, the fan girls for the most part worshiping it wouldn't know a good movie or education if it hit them in the head.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:04 am

^ yeah but there was also be a lot of people who thought the movie was horrible and went to see it solely to see how bad it was. there were a whole bunch of people in the theater i was stuck with that did that T-T.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:06 am

Well if you thought it sucked why do you care lol?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:13 am

i thought the second one sucked. but they keep sucking me in because they have a different director for each movie @_@. so the third one has a chance at being good. but if i want to see it and enjoy it, i have to go to a midnight showing otherwise the stupid tweens will ruin the potentially good movie.

but even still, im pretty sure im going to see Avatar instead.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:25 am

If you miss Avatar to go see Twilight after you said it was horrible...I'm going to bop you!

I don't know what it is, I never even opened the book or bothered to figure out what it is, but I hate the Twilight series with a passion. It's probably the batpoop crazy fans that make me hate it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:34 am

Lee wrote:If you miss Avatar to go see Twilight after you said it was horrible...I'm going to bop you!

I don't know what it is, I never even opened the book or bothered to figure out what it is, but I hate the Twilight series with a passion. It's probably the batpoop crazy fans that make me hate it.

Same. the only fans i can stand are the sane ones, and those are few and far between.

LS is an exception to that, we all know that no one here is sane.

Last edited by zfish9 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
zfish9
Air Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:05 am

^ the fans only became crazy once the movies came out. the fans who have been reading the series since it first came out are all pretty much sane.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:42 am

No, i've heard about how bad the fans were BEFORE the movies.
zfish9
Air Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: