School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:40 pm

nope, different class. this teacher isnt insane. i have the other class tomorrow.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16978

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:42 pm

So what insane project is he making you do now? If he wants you to blow stuff up, like last time, I'll get you supplied.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18348

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:48 pm

lol he didn't assign a project for this week. so ill let you know tomorrow what he has us doing XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Oh joy lol. I can't wait...he reminds me exactly of one of my older professors. Thank god I'm done his class.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:11 pm

yeah, it ought to be interesting XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:00 am

So I take it you got off the hook? No crazy project this time?

Also my sporadic activity has been due to a really big project in school. It's pretty much what I've been working on for the past few months. When it's finally finished and I present it to class, I might upload it online. If I figure out how to. I'd rather not do it on Youtube, for all the work I've done on it, I don't want crappy resolutions.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:36 pm

no, i did. but i forgot to say what it was. i actually came on now to say what it was lol.

so, the entire class time he had us do this complicated process where basically each group wrote part of a story and passed it to the next group. my group basically totally screwed up everyone's stories and made these weird additions to it. like one was about a guy finding a suitcase full of money and we had it where another guy comes in and they start having a fight with lightsabers. it was ridiculous XD.

so now our project is to pick a story and essentially make it happen. but we can only use still pictures. which, makes no sense to me. he doesnt want us using film at all yet. though i think we should be allowed to with all the crazy ideas we came up with. so our project is about a janitor that walks in and finds a dead body, the body ends up being a zombie, and the janitor uses 'zombie off' to kill the zombie.

then he talked to us individually about our projects. i was called in last and i actually got an A on the project. but then he said i copped out on the assignment because i basically did the same thing i was originally going to do only i changed the viewpoint of the ad. and i basically said that yeah, i know i did that because he told me to change it at the last minute and i had most of the project already done before he told me to change it. that, and i was pissed at his emails so i kind of did it out of spite but i didnt say that obviously.

so yeah, i somehow have an A in the class now. and i did manage to say that i felt the way he was coming off with the projects and what he expects from us only added more unnecessary stress on me because i go crazy with projects anyway.

as for your project, put it up on vimeo. it's higher quality and its where professionals apparently look at projects. you can also put it on youtube and i can download the high resolution version of the project.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Zombie Off? Everyone knows you kill them with a squirt gun! Sounds interesting though...reminds me of my one writing for media class, although we got to completely write our own scripts.

Sounds to me like you need to make a kinestasis...I think that's what it's called. Look up Ken Burns Civil War to understand it more. It's scaling, moving, and panning still pictures, to give it a different feel, along with music and sounds.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2175875963366512516#

^ His work.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:04 pm

yeah, no, he doesn't even want panning and stuff. at least, he's not holding that against us. he just wants us using pictures instead of video. it's really stupid. his reasoning is that film will put people in the class at a disadvantage because there are some people in the class that are better at using film than others. but there are already people in the class that are better at photography than others so already people are at a disadvantage. so no matter what format he chooses, kids are going to be at a disadvantage. which is why i think he should allow the most number of options so the fewest amount of people are at a disadvantage.

even these groups happened to be divided unequally. even though it was random, my group has the better students of the class it in. we're pretty much stacked. we have someone in our group that is one of the best photographers in the class and we have someone who knows photoshop, moving, and panning. so we're going to do moving and panning anyway, kind of like a comic book. so yeah....and he's giving three extra points on the final to the group that does the best.

so basically, no matter how hard he tries to make it fair, it never will be. which is why he should just let as many people as possible be in their 'element'.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Well to me it sounds like he wants a kinestasis. If he didn't say that he strictly forbidded positioning, scaling, and fading. I've done a few kinestasis projects exactly like this years ago.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:10 pm

well then that's what i have to do lol.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:25 am

Kinestasis work pretty well for certain things, you just need to remember that because there's not much actual animation or real moving pictures that sound/music also helps it a lot...so long as the two don't collide with each other.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:32 am

yeah, we divided up the work so i dont have to do much editing. i just typed up what our roles would be and i did a storyboard for it. two other people are going to take the pictures and the last person is going to edit it all together. i would have edited it but the other person in my group is ten times better than me so....yeah. and, he happened to assign this project the same week i have to work on the rough cut for my documentary. and the editor in the documentary class barely does anything so i needed to concetrate more on that. im glad i actually have a good group for this project. or, at least, i know if there's a problem, the editor of the group will let me know and we can work something out rather than me stressing over it.

thats the one good thing about having a crazy professor...everyone's afraid of him so no one dares to miss an assignment.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:04 am

Well good luck with both of your projects! Sounds like you took the lead role, if you're making sure everyone has a job to do and looking into it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:02 pm

^ for which project? the documentary or the other one? i didn't really have a choice with the documentary; it was both my idea and none of the other group mates wanted to step up to the plate.

as for the new project, im only emailing some of the group mates just to make sure the project actually gets done. i have serious OCD with school work so i go crazy if i dont know the status of a project.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:25 pm

The kinestasis project, I said you're taking the lead on that one. That doesn't mean that you're doing everything, but keeping tabs on it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:26 pm

oh, then yeah, i am.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:16 pm

That's good. Not many can work real well with a leader type of responsibility. I know that I'm not really fitted for those duties.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:53 pm

in groups, im usually either the leader or in a group where they wont let me do anything.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:49 am

You don't like when you don't have to do anything? I've never had it like that before.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:24 pm

no because what usually ends up happening is the group can't get their **** together and they completely ignore what i say and are completely inconsiderate to me. id rather have to do everything than be treated like im a piece of crap.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:27 pm

That probably happens in high school. I doubt that'll happen much in college or anything higher.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:35 pm

^ actually, that never really happened in high school. it's only happened in college O_o. it's very bizarre. but it's only really one girl that's the problem. i had a problem with her on one group project where that happened then i avoided her like the plaque for the rest of the projects. but then in another class she latched onto my project and ended up doing the same thing all over again.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:36 pm

It's just her then. Just band together with the others and ostracize her out.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:45 pm

the problem was, everyone was essentially on her side. what basically happened was the group let her bully them without even knowing it. including me. then the second project, the other person in our group didn't really realize what was going on until the end. so...yeah.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum