School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Post  Lee on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Oh so she was manipulating you in the shadows? I don't know, just deal with her until the project and class is over with. Then you'll never see her again and can wish her a slow and horrible death...or not.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18348

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:50 pm

yeah, kind of.

and i only had her for that one class then i decided i would never work with her again. but then she ended up latching onto my project in another class. now, im trying to avoid her schedule at all costs so im not even in the same class as her.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16979

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Bake her laxative brownies one day. That'll make the two of you avoid each other that day.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:04 pm

after what happened the first time, i thought she'd avoid me as well.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Oh well, hopefully you don't get stuck with her again or too soon. What project is this that you're stuck with her in? Is it the interview or the moving picture project?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:56 pm

neither, it happened last semester. the first project was we had to make a board game for kids 7-12. that was the bigger nightmare of the two because she basically convinced everyone to listen to her ideas when she hates kids @_@. i had all my stuff done way beforehand because we needed what i was doing before actually working on the project. then i tried to help them work on the board game but they ended up scrapping everything i did on the board. then she had the nerve to accuse me of not doing anything on the project.

the second project was we had to make a movie. the problem with that project was she would say 'okay let's all meet from this time to this time', id get there and then she'd ask to take a two to three hour break in between. and i said to the group multiple times 'guys i commute and im not coming here to take a break' and then i would have to leave because she wanted to work over the time we had all agreed on. then the last day, she kept telling me she was coming down to edit and she never showed. the other member finally showed up but he had ended up editing the entire project on his own and it looked BADASS. it was totally awesome. so then we decided to leave and she texted me saying she was coming down and she had been working on another project. we told her we were leaving then she freaked on us, saying we were going to go behind her back and tell the professor she didn't do any of work. and i basically told her 'im not going to lie and say you didnt do anything (because she did do a lot) like how you stabbed me in the back on the last project. so stop bitching and thank our group-mate for editing and creating an awesome project.' and that shut her up.

honestly, i think the reoccurring theme with this girl is she likes to be in charge but she sucks at being the leader because she's too self-centered and closed-minded.

the end =D

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Well at least you called her out on her problems. Most of my group projects over the years mostly end up being with a full team of guys. I can't remember one that I've had where there were any girls, but we've always split the project up, did our work, and got it done on time.

There was one time where I was placed in a group full of girls. They always wanted to meet up to discuss the project, but none of them ever would show up. Finally I just did a 40 minute presentation by myself and when it came time to give evaluations, they failed the entire course.

I suppose it could be mostly a female related thing, not with all of them of course. Maybe it's just that they want to be manipulative leaders, but don't want to be arsed with the work.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:50 pm

i actually thought i would mostly be working with guys but surprisingly there's a decent number of girls in all my classes. there was only one where there were only three of us in a class. otherwise, it was pretty even.

and lol at that group you had. that sounds like the person in my group for the documentary now.

i do think girls are more manipulative than guys. however, ive really only had a problem with this one girl; the other groups ive had with girls in them, there really isn't any of that going on. there's only been three really bad groups so far that i've been a part of and two of them were caused by the same person. one person in my documentary group has been stressing me out since he joined the group but it's not because he's manipulative, it's just he doesn't do the work, never shows up, and doesn't hand stuff in on time.

i dont know if this was the problem you had with your group but from my experiences i think the problem is there are some people that are manipulative and want it their way or the highway but they don't know how to lead. so they get into power and then they don't know what to afterwords. this has also happened with a 'friend' of mine: she'd get these interesting ideas and she'd want it her way but when it came down to it, she could never follow up on it and get us all together to execute her plans. and that's why i didn't want her in my film group in high school because i knew she would try to take over the project and then be unable to execute it. and i was the only one that would be graded cause it was for my class lol
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:55 pm

Wow those people sound like epic fail.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:58 pm

i know, they seriously fail. hence why one of my favorite quotes is "im surrounded by idiots". really, i dont understand these people's logic in terms of work ethic sometimes. and that's why i feel like sometimes, i just have terrible luck with group projects.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Well don't worry. In the real world, these people are long gone. So these group projects really never accomplish much, except for more work.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:03 pm

i hope so. i think it's mostly that mentality of not taking school seriously which i can't stand.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Most people don't, not until college where things start counting against them. If they made schools stricter, you can guarantee there would be more people taking it seriously...or more people on the streets.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:15 pm

i think the film major should make kids sign a release form before starting a group project like what they do with the theater kids. in the theater department, if you're not doing your job, they just tell them to leave the production and the kid doesn't get any credit. they should do something like that with all production oriented courses.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:23 pm

I think they should do that for all classes. That is awesome...if only they had that form when I was doing that godawful 40 minute presentation. It actually ended up being only like 24 minutes or whatever, even though we were all required to do 40 minutes per group.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:32 pm

i know, it is awesome!
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:43 pm

There's no need to rub it in you know...I hated that 40 minute presentation with a passion.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:54 pm

hey, i didn't really get to do the release form either. just for dramaturgy but that wasn't that hard. i wish i had had a release form for the other group projects ._.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:12 am

Oh...well never mind then. That's too bad.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:32 pm

yes it is. especially since i have to do a majority of the work for one project while at the same time keeping the psycho teacher happy with my other work.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Welcome to the real world...sorta. Where one person can leech off of another and still progress through.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:53 pm

yeah though i did email the professor and told her what's been going on because i was mad that he didn't show up for editing when he's the editor and i lacked sleep from Scream of the Banshee.

really, if we all followed the roles we were given, that would make me producer and his ass would have been fired a long time ago.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:17 pm

double post i know but i was wondering if anyone else had to pick their schedules for next semester already. since this previous conversation is kind of a downer, i thought we'd talk about more positive school things =D.

im happy to say i FINALLY got into astronomy so woo hoo for that. and im taking a 3D animation course =D.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:47 am

Mostly it's going to be all general classes, so nothing spectacular to speak of. Just a lot of book studying and the likes.

As for your 3D class, good luck in that. I don't know what program you're going to be using, but save a lot. You'll be hurting yourself if you don't. And I don't just mean save one file. Every hour or so, save the file as a different name.

Like this. CoolProject then save as CoolProject2 and so on...Trust me sometimes the projects can become corrupted or glitchy and it takes too long to fix it or it can't, so it's always good to have a backup earlier file that you can fall onto.

Some have the knack for it some don't. I know how to use those programs, but I enjoy traditional more.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:04 pm

we're working with Cinema 4-D which I've worked with before in high school. and yeah, i will save A LOT. i think some of my old projects from high school actually got deleted somehow T_T. either that, or i cant find them.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum