Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:52 pm

ive seen a few episodes ^^
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime

Post  Shanghai on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:13 pm

YYH was good. I read the manga, didn't watch the anime.

*Pops in with a new anime*
Have any of you seen Code Geass? It's an epic story of awesomeness.
Shanghai
Water Bender

Male Number of posts : 253

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:15 pm

I always hear you talking about it, but never really looked into it.

Is there some season box sets out anywhere or is it on the net?
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanghai on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:18 pm

"Always hear me talking about it?" But... I posted it twice... AM I REALLY THAT ANNOYING?

But in all seriousness, I don't think it's in a box set yet. And besides, the dub is fail. The fansubs on YouTube and uTorrent are much better. Most of R2 isn't released in the US yet, anyway.

It's a mix of action, comedy, politics (not RL, of course), mechas, etc.

It's really cool, and, occasionally, educational.
Shanghai
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:51 pm

there are box sets and it used to be on adultswim Lee. so it might be on adultswim's website, i dont know. if you want the english, you can try hulu or bandai because those are completely legal sites =D

anyway, i have seen the series in its entirety. the characters were very well rounded but the second season seemed a bit too...i dont know extreme for me. like, parts of it didnt seem to fit the world of Code Geass....it was a complete 180. and i didnt like that. but the ending was good......
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanghai on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:00 pm

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

The second season was, you know, a darker one. He had to make sacrifices, and he was realizing that. Also, he was starting to embrace the inner demon, and he understood what he had to do in order to change the world.

But nothing matches Euphemia's death in the first season. That was depressing, but moreso shocking.

Shirley's death was the closest I ever came to crying in the whole season, though.
Shanghai
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:14 pm

SPOILER

yeah i was kind of referring to that whole creating a new world and Lulu's mom being alive in that strange dimension place.....that's what i meant by it being "out there" ^^
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanghai on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Well, yeah.

I didn't exactly understand the Sword of Akasha scene either.

Well, I sorta did, but...

It _was_ out there, but then again, if the world has Geass, it has other weird stuff, right?
Shanghai
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:33 pm

but the original weirdness fit somehow. and i felt like the stuff they added in the second season didnt fit as well. the way the world was set up, Geass was realistic and it seemed like that whole new stuff was just like falling into the Twilight Zone all of a sudden. it's difficult to explain.....
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanghai on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:39 pm

I sorta understand...

I wasn't focused so much on the weirdness. I just loved watching the increasingly epic-er battles.
Shanghai
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:07 pm

okay, i just watched FMA, and it's a lot different from the manga version of it. *(Yeah, I'm watching a lot more Animes now.)*

And now i have one of the background themes to it playing in my head non-stop.
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:17 pm

which FMA did you watch? Brotherhood or the original?
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:37 pm

...there's two...?
zfish9
Air Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:48 pm

yeah. Fullmetal Alchemist the Original has this whole weird ending to it that has absolutely nothing to do with the manga. It is in English and Japanese. SPOILER if it ends with Edward ending up in our world during WWII then this is the one you were watching.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood follows the manga. they're on the second season now. it's only in Japanese but Funimation has subbed episodes online for free.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:55 pm

oh, i watched the screwed up one. the one that follow the manga i haven't watched yet.
zfish9
Air Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:02 pm

^ yeah me neither. i only watched the first seven or so episodes and then i stopped. im so spoiled and used to the english version i just dont want to watch the japanese version XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:03 am

So what it takes place during or the main character gets sucked into that time period? I think it would be cool to have a WW2 anime minus werewolf and bat monsters that would be stuck in there to please the kiddies.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:14 am

He got sucked into that time at the end of the Anime.

and BTW, that was WWI, not WWII. the year was 1922 and the one guy said to Honohiem *Or whatever his name is.* that Churchill wanted to see him. WWII took place about 1944 to... i think it was 1946.

i don't specialize in the world wars, but i at least have the dates strait.
zfish9
Air Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:26 am

WW2 1939-1945

Most people mistake it for 1941-1945 the time that US declared war on the Axis due to Pearl Harbor. Though there were small organized American soldiers helping before 1941 the bulk of the army wasn't involved until later. Mostly because the citizens wanted to stay out of Europe's conflicts.

So the government kept quiet about fighting until the Japanese struck. They wanted to end Germany's tyranny but couldn't find a way to get in without having the population being upset. So when Japan attacked it was a perfect ticket in. Since Japan was part of the Axis declaring war on Japan meant that Germany their allies would also have to declare war on US.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:29 am

and actually, we knew about the attack before it happened. we let it happen though so we had an excuse to attack.
zfish9
Air Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:36 am

Just like how we knew about 9/11 or the iceberg from Titanic. Though I really doubt an excuse was all it was. The United States alone gets thousands possibly millions of threats on a daily basis. If the government was to go into code red alert every time a note passed on their laps we would be eight feet underground.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:58 pm

zfish, it's WWII. right before it. Edward travels to possibly WWI in the anime for only like 5 minutes but then gets sent back to his world. then when he goes back, he's in the period right before WWII because Hitler is beginning to rise to power in the movie that comes right after the series. Don't pay attention to the dates because they got them wrong. They also said Ed would be 100 years old in our world but when the anime was made, he wouldn't be that old, he'd be younger. The ending of the original series is so messed up.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:00 pm

So what Japan messed up on history and math!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:24 pm

^ Oh yeah big time. Like how Edward and his dad ended up in England at first. Then when Edward went back, they were both in Germany. Like the Germans are going to let some englishmen run around Germany during the world wars @_@.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:08 pm

Okay so I finally got around to watching the Eureka Seven movie called Pocket Full of Rainbows. First off, I'd like to point out that I loved so many characters in Eureka Seven the anime. They were all diverse, had flaws and were still completely fun. I don't think there was one character I disliked including the villains. Aside from the story, this was the main reason why I enjoyed the anime.

Before I even saw the anime, I had read the manga. It was....horrible compared to the anime (anime came first). The story itself was good but once you see the original, you just seem to hate everything else that these people make with these characters. The adaptation just isn't satisfying at all. It's rather disappointing.

But when I found out about the movie, I thought it was going to be a continuation of the anime and not redone like the manga. I was dead wrong.

If you want to see this movie, watch it before the anime because you will be confused and disappointed with it. It's a very good story but if you already know the characters then don't watch it. I found myself disliking a majority of the characters simply because I knew how they acted in the original. This is partially due to the fact that all the characters have VERY different roles which is what makes it extremely confusing at times.

SPOILERS

here's an example. In the original series, there is a character named Dominic who acts a lot like Zuko in the sense that he is on the 'wrong' side, completely confused about why he's on the side he's on, and is a complete and utter dork =p (he is obviously my favorite character in this series XD) but in the movie....he's a wise teacher to two other characters....and he dies.......five minutes into the movie x_x

the other main example that annoyed me is Holland. in the anime, he's tough on the main character but he also wants to help him and cares about his comrades. but in the movie....he's kind of....the villain....and a jerk.....and a spoiled little brat. it's upsetting!

END SPOILER

and this is my review on Eureka Seven =D. And yes, my head still hurts from trying to comprehend all that happened in the movie XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 44 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum