Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies

+4
karin
HaruWolf
Lee
Loyal Subject
8 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Movies - Page 24 Empty Re: Movies

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:32 pm

i have them for a week. lol. im going to start watching them as soon as i finish typing this thing im working on.

i dont expect to watch the entire Bill Nye the Science guy. I just wanted to see him just for the hell of it =p

i can also skip about 6 episodes of Haruhi because it's that time loop bit zfish was talking about. and there's only 14 episodes =p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:34 pm

I remember that. Was that their way of just making a quick buck?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:39 pm

i dont think so. i think it actually happens in the light novel series and they were just faithfully adapting it. but i dont know, i never really read up on it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:47 pm

After the first two episodes, I would be done, even though I don't care for the series.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:07 pm

well that's why im going to skip a bunch of them and just go to the end. it's so obvious what happens anyway...it's not like it's rocket science to figure out.

just like how people were wondering what Super 8 was. for heaven's sake people it was obviously an alien @_@. and i havent even seen the movie yet!

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Whenever I hear that name, I think of V8 and can only think of tomato juice.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:12 pm

^ lol

for some reason, i think of that I am Number 4 movie or whatever.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:58 pm

omg who's excited for the Lion King :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:03 pm

You mean the 3D version? I wasn't planning on seeing it, but I might.

Oh guess what? I finally saw Rango. It was a lot better then I thought it would be. It was really great. Might be a movie I go and buy eventually.

I also went out yesterday and bought XMen 1 and 3 last night since they were $5 each. I watched the first one last night, which is another great movie.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:14 pm

^ yeah the 3D one. i dont think you can only see it in 3D. there are some theaters by me that are playing it in regular 2D it seems. it's only for two weeks though, that's the problem.

and yeah, Rango is an awesome movie :p

i liked the first X-Men. didn't really care for the 3rd.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:36 pm

They need to make an XMen4 and while we're on the subjects of fours, they also need a Back To The Future 4.

What would they be about? I don't know but the other three were amazing.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Hollywood is way ahead of you Lee. there is an X-Men 4.

there's X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men the Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men First Class

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Those were crap. I mean a real XMen 4 leading to what happened after 3. Magento clearly had his powers still at the ending.

Maybe he'll scare them once he starts jiggling more then one chess piece...like two!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 pm

first of all, First Class was good. granted, it had boring X-Men in it but it was still good.

second, the third one was so terrible, i dont want to know what happens after. i mean, half the characters are dead, Rogue doesn't have her powers, who the hell wants to see that crap? oh yeah and WHERE THE HELL DID NIGHTCRAWLER GO FROM THE SECOND MOVIE?

seriously, the third one was messed up. let it just die.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:07 pm

You do know that's how the comics played out right? The movies were only going by the comic books, not the cartoons.

I never saw First Class, so I can't say anything on that. I did see Wolverine Origins and it could had been better. It was just a lot of special effects without much plot to it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Cyclops and Xavier aren't dead. Yeah, maybe they died and were resurrected but they didn't die die.

and Rogue doesn't lose her powers. I checked Wikipedia.

and either way, let's say that for all intent purposes, they were following the comic completely. that doesn't give them the excuse to create a crappy story for film. film and comics are two totally different things. blindly following the comic doesn't create a good movie. you have to adapt the comic to fit the film. and the original director of X-Men 3 knew there were script problems and he got fired because he wanted to rework the script before filming. So, either way, X-Men 3 should just be buried and die XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:17 pm

I liked it cause of Juggernaut.

I'm the Juggernaut b****!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:20 pm

i liked parts of it too. there were just too many things that i didnt like about it. like the fact Jean comes back to life only to die again. the hell was the point of that? like i said, that may work in comics but it's just stupid in film in my opinion.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:24 pm

No it wasn't Jean. See Jean did sort of die, she lost her mind. She was just a husk then. Phoenix, some demon kind of mutant thing, took over her body. So basically it wasn't Jean doing most of the killing, it was someone who stole her body. That is how the comic goes down to.

Xavier dies, but then steals his comatose brother's body. Something to do with his mutant powers of mind reading and controlling others, made it possible. Cyclops didn't die either, I forget what happened to him though.

And Rogue for some reason is two characters stuck together in the movies. She plays the part of Jubilee, who in the comic and cartoon has the looking up to Wolverine as a mentor kind of deal.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:37 pm

^ it doesn't matter whether or not Jean could control her body. Jean still had a fighting chance in the movie version albeit the ending scene with Wolverine. She was just losing control of her body as the phoenix was taking over. but she was still alive and she was still killed off at the end. again, this is acceptable in the comics because Jean comes back to life (she does so multiple times). it's not acceptable for the movie because you're essentially telling the audience everything that just happened was a waste of time because Jean died anyway.

and that is just really annoying. it's one thing if that's the kind of message you're trying to send out in your movie but X-Men clearly wasn't aiming to do that. and yet, this happened and this was the message we got.

you also have to take into account that movie isn't just supposed to be for the comic book readers. it's supposed to be something non-comic book readers can enjoy. the audience had expectations that weren't met.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Mine were met, just like The Last Airbender. I'm going to watch it tonight. I'll let the group unite and sulk, more popcorn for me :p
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:42 pm

and you're completely entitled to that opinion :p

though i still don't understand how you can watch Last Airbender. I swear, you need to watch Ed Wood XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:10 pm

So I saw the Lion King on Wednesday I think. And I got the special glasses they were giving out :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:01 pm

At first I thought you meant that you thought that you saw the movie...lol. Anyway I'm glad you got to see that. I know you've been dying to get there! Was there anything new and how was the 3D?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:00 pm

no, they didn't do anything new thank god. they even took out Morning Report from the last theatrical release in 2000 something. which, again, was a good thing. i dont like the new songs they added to Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. they fit in the broadway show but they don't fit in the movie.

anyway, the 3D was amazing and this is what i want to see when I go see a movie in 3D. i dont like the 3D gimmick: i think movies should be released in 3D when it's a special release for a nostalgic movie. or animated movies in general. Circle of Life was probably the best part only because it's the first thing you see in 3D and HD. it's pretty amazing.

i also really liked the scene between Mufasa and Simba, I Just Can't Wait to Be King, Be Prepared, and at the end when Scar jumps through the fire and looks like Satan. it was cool in 3D XD

the only thing was there was a family that was quoting the whole movie! okay, i get singing to the songs because i did that once when I went to see Nightmare Before Christmas (though there was only one other family in the theater and they were far away and we were singing VERY low) but these people quoted everything in the movie. it was annoying.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum