Movies

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movies

Post  Lee on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Yeah the first movie was on earlier today. It probably came on right after, was it on that Fox channel?
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:47 pm

ABC Family. they showed all three movies. i didnt bother watching the third because i was annoyed by that time XD.

Return of the King is on now and actually, today my sister's friend asked me what's so special about the Ring and I didn't know lol XD. it reminded me of our conversation yesterday about the ring having a demon or whatever =p
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:49 pm

It was the ring forged to rule them all. Don't you remember the opening? The evil armor beast wears it to rule the minions he has or something. I forget...anyway it's dark and black magic.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:59 pm

^ i know that. but what does it DO other than make people invisible?

what i didnt get was that it had some of the bad guys powers in it so that's why it was a bad thing. i dont think anyone but the bad guy could actually use it effectively. and when he used it, his powers increased significantly and he could control anyone that was wearing the other rings. i didnt remember all the details because Frollo's storyline was my least favorite XD. I cared more about the idea that none of the inhabitants really got along but had to band together to complete this one task. and I preferred Legolas and Argon's path as well as Merry and Pippin's storyline. and Gandalf cause he's just awesome.

but yeah...never really was fond of Frollo.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:06 pm

His name is Frodo.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:09 pm

^ and there you go. that just proves it.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:21 pm

So I just finished watching Night of the Hunter which was a very good movie. I loved the villain: he was so twisted! I definitely recommend it for people who like a good twisted villain :)

And, on a completely different note, I found this to be really funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMeTL1seIWo&feature=relmfu

Take that Harry Potter!
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Okay so I saw Winnie the Pooh on saturday and i LOVED it! it was only an hour but it was pretty funny =p I loved how they used so many puns in the movie XD. Like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCNWCwDx8nk&feature=feedu_more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkCMqhPULdc&NR=1

im hopefully seeing Harry Potter tomorrow during the free movie thing. and ive heard that FINALLY Snape's background is in it. really, i cant wait to see that scene since i was ticked they took out a glimpse of it in the 6th movie.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:33 pm

Sounds great! A member of a forum I frequent said that he had seen it recently as well and loved it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:34 pm

^ which one Winnie the Pooh or Harry Potter?
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Winnie the Pooh of course.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:38 pm

well i dont know, I heard Harry Potter was pretty epic lol XD.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Oh, I thought the last two films were horrible. Not that I thought that, but that's what I've heard.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:47 pm

they weren't terrible, they were just boring. i mean, the problem with the 7th book in general was that they were just running around in the woods for god knows how long @_@. i think it was like 300 pages or so.

but my friend, who has serious issues with the ending of the series just as I do, said the movie was still pretty epic. she did say though that she laughed at the epilogue though XD
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 pm

I forget which movie I last saw, but I stopped somewhere in the middle. I never did read any of the books, my sister did. She always wanted me to go see the movies with her, but then that pattern kind of died out.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:21 pm

that sounds like me always trying to find someone to go see the movies with lol XD
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Well I didn't mind it, it was nice, but she kind of got out of it. I guess she started to hate how the director or whoever started to create the adaptions.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:29 pm

i dont blame her.

this is what i felt was the problem with the movies: if you read the books, you wanted it to be as close to the book as possible. but the books are so damn long, they can't possibly do that so they have to cut things. and then you get mad because they cut things that you really liked from the books.

like, they totally butchered the third book. i remember as a reader being really pissed by how they changed it because it was so radically different. actually, almost Harry Potter fan ive met that read the books beforehand didn't like the 3rd movie.

that's the problem. that's part of the reason why i think part 1 and 2 of book seven is doing so well: they SPLIT the book so that they could adapt it more faithfully. and those that have never read the books aren't confused by what's going on. of course, i found the 7th book's beginning to be boring as hell so i didnt really like the first movie.

that and Hedwig's (Harry's owl) death was so friggin stupid in the movie. It's literally this:

Harry: Hedwig!

*Hedwig gets shot.*

Harry: Nooooooooooooo

*two seconds later.*

Harry: oh well.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:31 pm

lol time for owl stew?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:36 pm

It might as well have been. And then Mad Eye Moody dies and there's this whole moment of silence for him. Meanwhile, he was only really in one friggin book and it wasn't even him! it was someone disguised as him!

yeah so the guy who's only in one book gets all the attention while your faithful companion for seven years dies and you don't give a rat's ass. <_<

and that is one of the many reasons why i hated the seventh book.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:18 pm

okay, so i have seen Harry Potter part 2. and it was BY FAR the BEST movie of them all. spoiler warning:

seriously, this was the first movie that i thought was seriously badass and epic. and, it was the first one where i, having read the books, felt like the movie was catered towards me. like, in the other movies, they usually dragged on with the parts of the book that i didnt like and skipped over the parts i liked. but this movie was the complete opposite: it emphasized EVERYTHING i liked about the 7th book and completely brushed over the parts i hated. like the epilogue. thank god the epilogue was cut down. yeah, i laughed at the Albus Severus Potter bit but the rest of it was completely taken away.

and Snape's death was totally BADASS. and his flashbacks with Lily were done extremely well. it was AMAZING.

the entire battle sequences were completely awesome too. i mean, this was the first Harry Potter movie where **** was actually happening in most of the movie. It wasn't like the other ones where it kind of drags in the beginning and then a whole bunch of stuff happens at the end like the books. this one had a lot of action throughout the entire movie.

and i loved how Tonks and Lupin's deaths were done. yeah, i never liked that they died but the way they were shown was so well done. that, and Neville kicking ass was awesome. the only thing that was weird was they randomly mentioned that they have a son...it was a quick wtf moment. i knew they had one but in the movies they never mentioned it until now. it was like 'Oh yeah Harry I'm dead.' and Harry's like 'but you've got your son.' meanwhile...in the movies we never see Harry knowing that they have a son...yeah it was kind of confusing.

i also liked Draco's mom. she helps Harry out and then before the final showdown happens she's basically like 'f you Voldemort' and takes her kid, drags her husband with her, and just leaves.

and of course, Mrs. Weasley's moment where she kills Belatrix was amazing as well. But I was kind of sad to see Belatrix go...cause I liked her in the movies...she was kind of badass. i didn't like her in the books though. but that's probably because i like the actress that plays her in the movies.

in fact, im almost convinced that one of the reasons why i liked Snape and Belatrix in the movies and i dont really like them in the books is because of their performances in Sweeney Todd. but hey, im okay with that XD

so yeah, it was pretty awesome. and i would say if you havent really seen the harry potter movies to just go and see this one. really, the other movies are nothing compared to this one. you might as well just look stuff up to fill in the holes and then go see this one. my mom didn't even see part 1 of 7 and she loved this movie.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Well glad you liked it. I thought the first movie was really great though. I didn't read any of the books though, so it's not like I can say that from a reader's point.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:24 am

i liked the first movie too (i hadnt read the books by that point either) and the first one was my favorite before now. this one was way better for me.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:26 pm

so I went to a local library to get Casablanca and One Piece season 2 second voyage.

I came out with:

Casablanca
Melody Time
Make Mine Music
Saludos Amigos (or whatever it's called)
Bill Nye the Science Guy
Best of the Mickey Mouse Club
Melancholy of Haruhi season 2

how the bleep did this happen?!

they didn't have the One Piece btw. The bugger was checked out. So I had to be put on the waiting list.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:02 pm

The plot thickens with One Piece, so you'll love the next set. I enjoyed it a lot the first time around.

Oh and that is quite a sum of movies, how long do you have them all for? Better start microwaving that popcorn!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: