Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies

+4
karin
HaruWolf
Lee
Loyal Subject
8 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Movies - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies

Post  Lee Thu May 21, 2009 8:27 pm

Oh I didn't know that, been to busy with school and work to keep up to date with anything.

Here we go, a little tribute, even though this was before his time of voicing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKm41_LMPRM
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 21, 2009 8:40 pm

my day has just been ruined >_> and i was all ready to look up Zachary Quinto interviews about his role as Spock too >.<
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 22, 2009 9:40 am

This might make you feel better. Pictures of Dev and Noah as Aang and Zuko, I gotta say they look pretty cool.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2009-05-21-airbender-first-look_N.htm
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 22, 2009 4:45 pm

those look actually decent...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 22, 2009 5:38 pm

They look really good to more, better then decent or passable. There's a lot of room in between cartoon and real life conversions. If you want them to look like their cartoon forms they'd look like this. Which is pitiful.

http://kornersphere.com/avtr4um/conpics/brothers.png
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 22, 2009 6:18 pm

yeah i know. i put ellipses at the end because although that gets my hopes up, i dont want to think this movie is out of the woods yet. i mean, i didnt like some of the harry potter movies and they looked fantastic, you know?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Because they didn't strictly follow the way that the books went? This is someone's work based off of another person's work, so in light of that it's not a copy but a new creation. If you go in there with the mindset of it being strictly the same you might as well just watch all three seasons over again.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 22, 2009 6:40 pm

not because of what was cut out. honestly i dont remember half the stuff they cut out in the movies XD. i only remember what they cut out when someone tells me unless it was one of my favorite moments in the book.

ok like for example, the fourth movie. i didnt like how they dragged out the Yuletide Ball and rushed other aspects. i understood that they were focusing on the relationship of the characters but there are other ways to do that during the rushed aspects. even if it was something as subtle as having ron and hermione holding hands like they did in the third one. there were other ways to bring that stuff out besides just dialogue at the ball. yes, the movie looked nice but when it came down to watching it, the movie was rushed. its one thing if youve got slow moments like in the dark knight where those moments are important to the themes but the slow moments in harry potter dont really have that significance other than character development which you can do in other aspects.

that was probably a terrible explanation but i cant think straight lol. thats the best i can do.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 22, 2009 6:58 pm

Oh no I understand that, but then again the director of that HP movie, was it 4? I heard he wasn't that great, Night actually has some nice movies under his belt and this is his first time working with someone's material besides his own.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 22, 2009 7:11 pm

yeah thats true but recently ive learned not to trust the director's reputation either because most directors have had their bad films and their good ones so you never really know what you're going to get. i mean, my teacher said she liked star trek because of the director. but if he were to make something new, you cant say "oh its definitely going to be good" because the same director that did Star Trek also did Cloverfield (which i personally didnt like) and so on. i mean, even Tim Burton has made his share of bad movies. when they said he was doing what they did in Beowulf with Alice, i was skeptical. im still slightly nervous because although the Mad Hatter looks awesome in live action, it might not look as good with the computer effect. so yeah....im still nervous for Avatar. honestly, the only thing that will hold me back from seeing it though is money. if it comes out around the time another movie i really badly want to see, im going to have to choose and i like Tim Burton's style more than Night's (only because i think it is coming out around the time Alice is set to be released. not sure though).

but i mean if it comes out when no other movies are coming out than of course ill try to see it. the hardest part is finding someone to see it with =P
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 23, 2009 12:42 am

Why don't you just go see both? If it's a question of money get a part time summer job. It's something you should get to save up money before you go into college if you plan on doing it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 23, 2009 3:31 pm

^ im getting a summer job. dont worry, thats all taken care of. im just not used to spending so much on tickets because i rarely go to the movies. ive only been going a lot lately because of my optimum card but the card doesnt work for 3D movies >.< and if Alice is in 3D im definitely seeing it as soon as it comes out. =P
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Okay guys, the moment of truth is coming.

For those of you who don't know, Transformers 2 will be showing the first The Last Airbender trailer. so far, (you can see a small bit in the link provided) it looks pretty sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqMKRSTHFzc&fmt=22

and there's going to be a sneak peek thing on Monday ET (if you listen to the commercial) so yay =D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:43 pm

Yeah I know I heard and saw it, not the full thing the teaser.

Though I got to say from what I did see it looks pretty bad ass.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:59 pm

^ i know. it makes me think M. Night should start working on things he didn't write for a while.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:06 pm

I can't wait to see how Katara and Sokka look now, especially Momo and Appa!

Do you think they'll be in the trailer!?

Oh oh oh! Cabbage Man to!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:12 pm

im actually partially afraid of seeing Sokka and Katara. they were the people who i feared most out of all the people who were cast. With today's technology, i have confidence in Appa and Momo (though wouldnt it be cool if they got a lemur to do Momo? at least part CGI and part live action?)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:14 pm

A lemur with fake wings!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:18 pm

i was going more towards them putting the special dot things on the lemur and then scanning its movements to project an accurate CGI flying lemur. but that works too! =D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:28 am

ok guys i found the new trailer:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41492
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:40 pm

From the short clip Aang looks a lot more serious then in the cartoon. That was one of his main likable traits how kid-like he was. I wonder how well his seriousness will adapt to the new piece.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:31 pm

^ yeah i noticed that too. i hope they dont make Aang into some emo boy.....because that's Zuko's job =D we cant have two emos running around this movie XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Being serious has nothing to do with being emo. In fact being too serious often leads to a lack of expressing emotion wheras emotions cry that their lives are the worst.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 pm

^ i know, i was kidding =P
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:38 pm

I know Razz it's just the serious and emo conversations really irk me.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum